main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Sac Sci-Fi Horror Show! (formerly From the Land Beyond)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I have put the request in at work for the con's first day (Saturday) off. I will be celebrating a friend's birthday in the evening, but am looking forward to being there in the morning to help out and to be at Daryl Frazetti's panel in the afternoon on Saturday!

-TJ

2. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    -cough- BUMP -cough-

3. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    September 25th (Saturday) and September 26th (Sunday)
    Hours (Not Listed but Guessing...)

10am?-5pm?

PRE-REGISTRATION (includes both days):
    August 16th ? September 15th: $13.00

Don?t forget your SacHorror T-shirt!
    Sizes s ? xl: $10.
    Sizes xxl & xxxl: $13.00

AT-THE-DOOR REGISTRATION PRICES:
    Saturday Only: $15 (Sunday is Free with Saturday Registration)
    Sunday Only: $8

4. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Table Schedule:

Sat
    930-130: Tara and Chris and Kayla
    130-500: Pat and Dillon
    5-7p: Myke and Kimmie

Sun
    1030-1: Myke and Kimmie
    1-3: Pat and Dillon
    3-5: Chris and Tara and Kayla

5. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    On Sunday, Max (in his Billy Dee Williams costume) can do some table time.

6. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Myke has let us know that there will only be TWO free wristbands given at this Con.[face_frustrated] Now, I've talked with Susan earlier this week and I know that there are funds in the group account, so if everyone that is working the table is willing to pay for their tickets now (or at the door), I will make sure they get reimbursed at a later time.

Please let me know if it's going to be a problem.

7. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Wow, for making demands of us being at all their organizations' shows (for a "free" table and "free" admission for "all" table staff), they sure are penny pinching...

-TJ

8. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I did not receive the day off, but I am scheduled only until 130pm... this means at best I'm going to be at the con for a little bit, as I have the thing in the evening to go to (friends birthday), so... hmmm. Not sure what that means for me helping. I had planned to help in the morning with set up but thats kinda out now.

9. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Man I am so bummed about missing this show! I hope everyone that goes has a great time and I hope to see some pics of Billy Dee and Jewel Staite! Say hi to C. Andrew Nelson and Ernie Fosselius for me too!

~DZ

10. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    We will be available so just let us know when and where you need us.

11. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Just in case anyone didn't know, SVRF is sharing a table with Rebel Legion and we have a few Rebel Legion people signed up to work plus I'll be there most of the day Saturday (I hope we can get three chairs).

Do we need more SVRF tattoos? I can bring more because I still have plenty!

12. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Okay, here's my deal with Saturday - I have to pick up someone from the airport and deliver them to the show for Speaker/Guest Daryl Frazetti, which will be in the three o'clock hour. At some point I will come by to say "hi" and run through the show floor, but I won't be able to help man the table... and I am SO GLAD we've got great help from our table neighbors in Rebel Legion AND to see the Sivads back onboard the boards. If I get a chance, I will be there to say hi to everyone still at the show!!!

<3!

-TJ

13. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Yea for the Sivads being able to join us! It looks, however, like the table will be more than full if we're sharing, so I guess we need to take another look at the manning of the Con, huh? I hate for there to be too many people there at one time...

Lemme go think on this.

14. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Ok, so how about we try something like this...and we will not finalize this until Nasus gives the ok...

Sat
    930-1200: Tara and Chris and Kayla
    1200-230: Susan and Earl
    230-500: Pat and Dillon

That cuts our long shifts up into more doable parts...what do you think Nasus?

15. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    It's too late to switch the shifts back and forth, and since Nasus hasn't given her ok, let's just go back to the original plan and go from there. If anyone from the group shows up and wants to give people a break, that'll be fine, but let's finalize the table schedule now.

FINAL WORD ON THE TABLE SCHEDULE:

Sat
    930-130: Tara and Chris and Kayla
    130-500: Pat and Dillon

Sun
    1030-1: Myke and Kimmie
    1-3: Pat and Dillon
    3-5: Chris and Tara and Kayla

16. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    I'll be there most of the day on Saturday representing both Rebel Legion and SVRF :) so although I'm not on the official SVRF schedule, I'll be at the table. I could also provide a break on Sunday.

17. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I will be there in the afternoon tomorrow and will help out with the shifts. I'll also be giving a bbq demonstration at our table.

18. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    A bbq demonstration?

19. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    is what i said...

20. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Also - I will probably NOT be at the con at all, as they aren't even giving the speaker a GUEST PASS like they are SUPPOSED TO... [face_frustrated] I am not paying them any money to visit the tail end of a con just to see a friend's panel. They can stuff it where the sun don't shine. And in general, with regards to the Sac Con folks and our group, I thought the words of Billy Dee "Lando Calrissian" Williams were quite appropriate...

"This deal is getting worse all the time"

Boo.

-TJ

21. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Marric and I drove all over tonight looking for a Yoda. We wanted to buy a replacement for the missing one, so we could get a pic with the little green guy with Billy Dee tomorrow to send back to Master Kenobi. Uh, no luck. Anywhere. We would have been happy with a Mighty Mugg. Everyone going to the Con tomorrow, please keep an eye out for a good Yoda on the vendor floor. We're working the early shift and worried we might miss out on a good find. If you locate a good Yoda replacement, come let us know of your find...

22. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    Checking the con vendors is a good idea. Otherwise, I think it's ebay. The Yoda mighty mugg has been gone for a long time and you'll pay a lot more than retail for him on ebay!

23. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Spoken like a true collector, Dear Leia.;) I had no idea the muggs were gone...no wonder we couldn't find them anywhere!! Curses!!

24. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    Not only has Yoda been gone for a long time, but I think they actually discontinued the whole line. I always thought they were kinda cute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.