main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sacrifice: A Tahiri/Jacen/Anakin Fic *LOTF/NJO Era AU* Sequel Cover is Up 08/26/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Hey...this is my FIRST EVER fanfic EVER...so I hope I'm doing it all ok...
    (please be nice) [face_praying]

Here goes...

Title: Sacrifice
    Co-Authors: N/A
    Timeframe: LotF & NJO Era (AU in parts)
    Genre: Action/adventure, Romance, Angst, Drama...a little bit of everything!
    Characters: Tahiri, Jacen, Anakin, Han, Leia, Luke, Mara, Ben, Tesar, Kyle, Jaina + others
    Summary: After a devastating Corellia/Alliance war, Jacen makes the ultimate sacrifice to save the galaxy from destruction.

Star Wars: Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice

Chapter 1: Stargazing

Tahiri stared out of the viewport at the stars and wondered how she?d gotten herself into this mess. She often looked at the stars these days, but not because of their beauty.

She had developed a form of semi-meditation while staring at the vast nothingness of space, where she could disconnect from the world, and shield herself from the reality of her life.

She was using this technique now; she quite often did this to clear her mind before an important battle.

Slowly, the stars were all blurring together into one large burning light, brighter than all of Coruscant.

Tahiri closed her eyes, and she was gone; gone from her war-torn reality, and back to the last time she could remember being happy.

Anakin mussed her hair, the way he had done a hundred times.
    ?You aren?t the same as you were before the Yuuzhan Vong captured you. Neither am I. But you?re still Tahiri.?
    ?There?s something in you, Tahiri, that no one could ever change.?
    Anakin found a stray lock of hair across her eyebrow and traced lightly over the raised scars on her forehead.
    ?I?d rather be here with you?
    She took his face in both hands and pressed her lips against his.
    ?Your timing is perfect. Wait until we?re doomed to give me my first kiss.?
    ?Are you sorry, Anakin??
    ?Tahiri, I haven?t changed my mind. I?m not sorry at all. I don?t regret kissing you.?

Tahiri smiled as the happy memories warmed every inch of her body. But that was where her happiness had ended. Just a few months later, Anakin, her love, had died valiantly during the mission to Myrkr.

She didn?t even kiss him goodbye, or tell him how much she loved him?and now he was gone?

As Tahiri opened her eyes, a single shining tear rolled down her face and on to her GAG uniform. She wiped it away angrily. Now was not the time to be thinking of such things, especially not right before an important battle.

The battle?

Tahiri stared out of the viewport once again, but this time she focused on the ever-increasing mass of a planet below, instead of the stars. Anakin?s family were down there?her family were down there?

She shook her head and tried to focus her thoughts on the task at hand. They were to take the planet. It was as simple as that. No more skirmishes across the galaxy, no more casualties?no more war. This was where all of the conflict had started, all those years ago, and this was where it was going to end ? tonight.

A shadow appeared on the viewport, obscuring her view of the planet and the stars. Tahiri did not glance up; she simply continued to stare out at what was unfolding around her.

Suddenly, thousands of tiny bright specks appeared out of no where in a semi-circle around the planet. The shadow next to her stirred, and Tahiri knew it was time. The end of the war was near.

She turned and faced the shadow, with a hardness in her eyes that was a result of the many years she?d spent fighting war after war. This would be the last.

Tahiri addressed the shadow with as much determination as she could muster: ?Let?s end this, Jacen.?

Jacen nodded and gazed at Tahiri, his hazel eyes full of resolve. ?Yes,? he said, ?Let?s.?

Ok...let me know what you think...oh, and if anybody would like to help out...I'm in need of a beta, if anyone's got a bit of spare time??

*Text in italics courtesy of NJO: Rebirth.

PM List:[/b

2. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    i like, i like. has potential
    so whats the ship situation? J/T with A/T rememberances and maybe later A/T

3. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks. :)

A/T later on...

4. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Start! It looks cool!:)

Ok...let me know what you think...oh, and if anybody would like to help out...I'm in need of a beta, if anyone's got a bit of spare time??

I'll do it if you want. I'm not the best, but I'll do okay[:D]

PM me if you're intrested! If you have a PM list, add me![face_dancing]

5. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007

Thanks, G_Anakin :)
    I'll add you to my list.

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, this looks great :D Tahiri working with the GAG and evil Jacen is heartbreaking :( I can't wait ot see where you're going with this and I hope it involves Anakin returning [face_praying] I really loved the descriptions and your writing of Tahiri is terrific :D

Please PM me when you update. I don't want to lose this one :)

7. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!
    You are, like, my idol on here!!!! I love your fics, you're terrific...so I'm so excited that you're liking it so far!!!

Of course I'll PM you when I update! :)

As for Anakin returning...I'll see what I can do...;)

8. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter 2: Organised Chaos

Watching the Galactic Alliance Guard prepare for battle reminded Tahiri of a Tatooinian circus; soldiers running this way and that, backwards and forwards with equipment and supplies, somewhat resembling that of performers rushing around and around in a circular ring with no where to go. It was what Tahiri referred to as ?organised chaos;? the main hanger of the Star Destroyer Anakin Solo was a buzz of activity, and seeing it always gave Tahiri a rush like nothing else.

She was perched on the top deck of the Anakin overseeing all of the commotion with her commanding officer and GAG leader, Jacen Solo. Tahiri remembered watching a holovid once on the art of war, and seeing a perfectly orchestrated plan being put into action right in front of her eyes, she finally understood what it had actually meant; this was art ? and war ? at its purest form. Jacen looked over at Tahiri with the smallest hint of a smile, and she knew he had been reading her thoughts and agreed with her. It was the typical expression he gave when they were both on the same page.

Tek, a young chron officer who had been supervising below, appeared at Jacen?s side and saluted his commander stiffly.
    ?Excuse me, Lord Solo, I have a revised schedule on the battle preparations to give you,? Tek stammered.

Jacen, who had not been paying any attention to Tek at this stage, spun on his heel and glared at the young man with his arms folded.
    ?Revised schedule?? Jacen asked. ?I don?t remember asking for a revised schedule.? His voice was barely above a whisper, but the menace in it was unmistakable. If Tahiri had been in Tek?s shoes, she would have rather Jacen yell at her ? it was less terrifying!

Jacen continued to glare at Tek, his piercing gaze boring a hole right through the young officer?s soul. Tek began to shake a little, and tried to open his mouth to reply, but it was too dry to get even the slightest noise out. Jacen inhaled heavily, his gaze unmoving. Although his face remained expressionless, Tahiri could tell by his force-aura that Jacen was growing impatient with Tek, and would soon crack if the young officer wasn?t careful.

She knew that Tek was trying hard to answer the GAG leader, but somewhere along his neural paths, the message that told his mouth to form words got lost, and all he managed to do was look like a fish out of water, his mouth opening and closing every few seconds. Tahiri would have laughed at the sight, had she not known what was going to happen next.

Jacen cracked. Poor Tek never knew what hit him.
    ?Tahiri?find me a new chron officer!? Jacen demanded, turning away from Tek?s lifeless body. ?We?ve got a war to win!?

?Yes, sir!? she saluted. Jacen nodded his approval, and headed for his quarters. ?Well,? Tahiri sighed, ?The first casualty of the war.?

A big thanks to my wonderful beta, G__Anakin, for his edit! =D=

9. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter!:)

No problem editing![:D]

10. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    I like this still
    G_Anakin is a fine beta. He used to be my beta.
    Hehe u act toward toward Yoda_Kenobi the way i acted to Courtney Solo

11. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    So...
    Jacen already has people calling him Lord Solo instead of Commander Solo...
    and Tahiri didn't bat an eye when that poor man died.
    She has been corrupted already.
    Help her Ben! You are her only hope... (You and Anakin, obviously)... still.

12. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    darth_dragon666:

I like this still

Why thank you! :D

DARTH_MU:

Jacen already has people calling him Lord Solo instead of Commander Solo...

Yes...he's evil, after all...

Tahiri didn't bat an eye when that poor man died.

Nope...them's the breaks of war...

Thanks for reading, guys!!! :D:*

Working on the next few chapters now...third one should be ready to go in the next day or so...

13. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    This is great so far, Jedi-Ant! =D=
    I'm really hoping for some future A/T (*laughs*), and I loved the rememberances.

Could you please PM me when you update?
    Thank you, and welcome to the boards! :)

Courtney @};- Solo

14. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!
    You are, like, my idol on here!!!! I love your fics, you're terrific...so I'm so excited that you're liking it so far!!!

Wow, thanks [face_blush]

the main hanger of the Star Destroyer Anakin Solo was a buzz of activity, and seeing it always gave Tahiri a rush like nothing else.

I'm surprised she can stomach that. Then again, I guess if one didn't think Jacen and the GAG were doing anything wrong, maybe she would think it was an honor :oops:

Jacen cracked. Poor Tek never knew what hit him.
    ?Tahiri?find me a new chron officer!? Jacen demanded, turning away from Tek?s lifeless body. ?We?ve got a war to win!?
    ?Yes, sir!? she saluted. Jacen nodded his approval, and headed for his quarters. ?Well,? Tahiri sighed, ?The first casualty of the war.?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

What has happened to Tahiri?! :_|

Chilling post, Ant [face_worried] Can't wait to see what happens next. I hope we find out more about Jacen and Tahiri's relationship and just why she is complicit in his madness.

15. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Great story so far Jedi-Ant! =D=

16. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Courtney_Solo:

This is great so far, Jedi-Ant!

Thank you! I hope it continues to be so!!!

I'm really hoping for some future A/T (*laughs*), and I loved the rememberances.

Don't worry, there will definitely be some A/T...but a little while in the future yet...;)

Could you please PM me when you update?
    Thank you, and welcome to the boards!

Sure, I'll PM you. Thanks for the welcome! [:D]
    If anyone hasn't ready Courtney's Falling For You fic yet, I suggest you do...I'm hooked!!!

YodaKenobi:

What has happened to Tahiri?!

Chilling post, Ant worried Can't wait to see what happens next. I hope we find out more
    about Jacen and Tahiri's relationship and just why she is complicit in his madness.

Thanks, YodaKenobi...Tahiri and Jacen share a special bond because of the Yuuzhan Vong, so that's part of the reason things are as they are...but there's a little more insight into how she came to be under his control in a future post.

This fic has now grown to something I'd never planned in the beginning...it's funny how that seems to happen...it's a lot longer than I had first intended, so be prepared for the darkness to continue for a while yet...it is building to quite a climax, so hopefully I'll be able to pull that off. [face_praying]

Thanks for reading, guys!!!

17. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter 3: Too Old To Put Up A Fight

?Base, this is Battle Fleet Liberty?we are in formation?what are our orders??

?Battle Fleet Liberty, this is base?hold formation?your orders will be transmitted to you shortly. Please use the encryption code provided to you at the rendezvous point.?

Leia Organa Solo put down the communicator and relayed the orders to the fleet. Her husband, Han Solo, left his station and headed over, rubbing her shoulders reassuringly to put her mind at ease.

?Who said we were too old to put up a fight?? he asked, pulling his trademark lop-sided Solo grin. Leia smiled, but didn?t really put much effort into making it believable. She knew Han was only trying to help, and deep down she loved him for it, but right now she was too tired, anxious and upset to care. She was tired because for years all anyone in the second rebellion had been doing was planning the war; anxious, because even though they joked about it often, she and Han were not as lithe as they used to be, and were getting older and slower every day; and upset, because in a few hours, they would be in a battle with their sole surviving son ? their own flesh and blood!

Han was still rubbing her shoulders, waiting for Leia to respond, and when she still hadn?t said anything a few minutes later, he put his arms around her in a wookie-style hug and squeezed.
    Leia sighed and relaxed her aching muscles, melting into her husband?s warm embrace, if only for a moment. Tears welled in her eyes as her mind rested, and she began to think about the direction their lives had taken over the past few years?the rifts in their family, Jacen?s new allegiance?

?Han-? Leia began, cutting herself off, as the tears threatening to fall earlier spilled over her cheeks.
    Although he wasn?t force-sensitive, Han had been married to Leia long enough to know what she was thinking. ?I know, Princess?I know,? he soothed.

Leia was a strong woman ? stronger than most ? a fierce warrior, and a skilled Jedi, but sometimes, like when their youngest son, Anakin, had been killed in action, Leia needed Han to be strong for them both. He had a feeling that this was going to be one of those times.

---

Enjoy!!!

This update and the next are kinda small ones...but from then on they're getting quite a big larger...
    [face_mischief]

18. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007

Thanks, TVS...glad you're liking it. :D

19. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter [face_dancing]

20. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thank you, G!!! :*

21. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    This looks pretty good so far. You have me interested. :)

I like the interplay between Jacen and Tahiri.

If you're doing a PM list, can you add me to it please??

22. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007

Thanks, JediMaster_Jen! :)

I'll add you to the list.

23. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Good post :D I really feel sorry for Han and Leia :( Must be horrible for them.

Looking forward to the next post :)

24. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007

Thanks, YodaKenobi. :*

Yes, poor Han and Leia...I'm afraid it's not going to get much better for them...[face_worried]

25. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter 4: Enter Phase Two

The turbolasers were working over-time, tearing scorch marks into the side of a Corellian gunship. There was a resonating *crack,* and then the ship split in two, sparks and flames flying throughout, and evaporating as they touched the frigidity of space.
    It had been nearly eight hours since the airstrike had begun, and the second round of turbolaser batteries on the Anakin Solo were whining with strain. Soon they would have to give them a moment to cool down and switch to the ion cannons, but that didn?t matter. They could do without the turbolasers for a while ? the GAG Fleet had already taken out half of the Corellian gunships, and a quarter of what was left wouldn?t last much longer. Though they were making progress, Jacen had always known that they were never going to win this battle in the air. It was almost time to deploy the ground troops.

?Lieutenant!? Jacen bellowed.

The Lieutenant spun around and saluted, puffing out his chest, which was covered in GAG insignia. ?Sir!?

?Shift all power to the ion cannons, and target all firepower to that group of Assault Frigates.?

The Lieutenant nodded and saluted again, before relaying that order to the communications officer.

?We are now entering Phase Two,? Jacen announced, using the force to magnify his voice so that the entire crewpit could hear. ?You are to continue targeting the Frigates until the last convoy is away. Once Phase Two is complete, you may head to the rendezvous point. Lieutenant Rylock??

?Yes sir!? Lieutenant Rylock answered, saluting Jacen again.

?You are now in control of the Anakin. Take care of my ship, Lieutenant. I will meet you at the rendezvous point in 1700 hours. May the force be with you.?

As Jacen turned to leave the pit, all of the crew stood and saluted their commander. ?May the force be with you also, sir!? Lieutenant Rylock hollered.

Jacen nodded his approval to the Lieutenant, and headed for the docking bay to join the ground troops.

The real battle for Corellia had just begun.

---

dum, dum, dum....[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.