main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sacrifice: A Tahiri/Jacen/Anakin Fic *LOTF/NJO Era AU* Sequel Cover is Up 08/26/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I remember betaing this chapter . . .

I'm trying to forgett. It was a difficult read. Hope things lighten up. Kind of dark, you know.

2. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    star_writer24:

Ummmm...I don't even know where to begin...I really want to strangle both Jaina and Anakin at this moment...particularly Anakin...I hope he survives this...Tahiri dies...and he finds out the truth from Jacen...and than he can live a long lonely miserable life riddled with guilt for being such an @#$! to Tahiri. He doesn't deserve the second change they've given him..nope...okay...beyond that...great job with the writing...and I can't wait to see what happens next on this little field trip.

Thank you very much. I?m glad the chapter aroused such emotion in you! :D It means I did a good job with it.

Yes, Anakin and Jaina were pretty harsh on Tahiri, but she, Jacen and Ganner had been keeping a pretty big secret from everyone, and because of that, their brother is going to die. I?d be a little pissed if that was the case, but of course, they don?t know the whole story, and I?m sure if they did, they?d be less inclined to treat Tahiri so badly.

iamobiwan1970:

OK, this is unbelieveably good!!!!!

Wow! [face_blush] Thank you very much!! [:D]

Jacen is doing the right thing and Jaina and Anakin are going to mess it up royally. Just priceless. You have created great tension and let me just say I have no idea how it will end. And i like that!!!! Excellent!!!

Thanks again! :D And I?m glad you have no idea how it will end? that means I?ll be able to surprise a few people [face_mischief]

Here are my favs with commentary:

Ohhh darkside Jacen! Exciting. But in this circumstance it is probably not the worst idea out there. Those two need to go down. Here's hoping Zekk gets them in the next scene.

Yeah, Jacen?s well and truly dark now. Just wait until you see what he does next! :eek:

Well in her defence i don't think she has the inside info that Jacen has.

No, she doesn?t, and I said the same thing to star_writer24 above about Anakin and Jaina. The inside info on all this would really help the others see from their POV?s.

Same Ganner different situation

*nods*

But will it be the same ending? [face_thinking]

I love the urgency here and that only Jacen knows that those left behind are all destined to die anyway!

Thank you!

What a poetic line!!!

Hehe :p Yeah.

OK, this is why a 17 year old leader might not be the best choiose. Ganner, understands what has to be done. Will Anakin????

That?s the million-credit question, isn?t it? [face_thinking]

Well I guess he does get duty! I like that Anakin is being mature and rational. So it is Jaina who still cannot handle duty. Makes sense given her canon character.

Yeah, that?s what I thought, too. :D This was a fun chapter to write, because it was one that had been planned since the beginning, and Jaina?s reaction to Jacen?s news was the only thing that stayed the same through all the re-writes. Given her reaction to Anakin?s death in SbS, and her refusal to leave him die, I made sure she had a similar reaction here.

The only difference this time is that there?s no Jacen to be her rock and keep her from doing something stupid. Anakin is too similar to Jaina to have the balls to stop her (so to speak), and would much rather chase after her. At least, IMO, anyway.

'Bout time she tells the truth!

I thought so. :)

Smart boy! Be sensible save the team!

Or not? [face_mischief]

Ut oh??if Jaina is changed, geez even Kyp might be changed since helping her on Hapes saved his sorry soul! If she died...Repercussions I scream!!!!!!!

Exactly! It?s what the sequel?s all about!! [face_devil]

That line calls for a GIANT OMG !!!!!!

Hehe ;) It does, indeed!

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! More will be on the way shortly? I?ve almost finished the update.

Thank you so much for reading and for your wonderful review!!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Okay, major confession time. [face_laugh] I said I'd never touch anything even remotely LOTF related, but since this is an AU, I got curious. Blown away by the tight plotting, excellent characterizations, smoking action. :) =D= I just started, so I won't ask for PM's until I catch up. [face_laugh] @};-

4. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Their senses were overwhelmed with the stench of rotting flesh from the numerous carcasses of both slave and Yuuzhan Vong, and the further they got to the voxyn lair, the greater the number of bodies in their path.

Reminds me of every time I have to go to the market around here.

They'd stolen these particular lightsabers way back at the slave city, when everyone had been too preoccupied with the deadly battle to notice any hint of such treachery.

Such naive fools.

And the Jedi had just believed them.

Simpletons. They don't know anything about being suspicious and it cost them big time.

and the only desire that remained in his heart was that of cold-blooded murder.

All right! Soon he won't want to die. [face_devil]

He was ready to die for those people... right now.

Such arrogance, lol. Or boldness, perhaps? o_O

Frantic scuffling followed the scream and thud, the telltale sign of two cowardly beings bidding a hasty retreat.

Running doesn't make one a 'coward'. They're smart, lol.

"What are you saying? That we should leave you all to die?"

Or else bring back more Sith than you started with.

If he survived, he'd be the death of them all.

Now you're talking, Jace!

It was his young brother... crying.

Oh boo-hoo-hoo little boy's gotta grow up. :p

"But I can't leave - not without you, Alema and my brother!"

He's so naive, and it could be at the cost of the galaxy.

I have foreseen it.[/Palpy] *evil grin*

She was barely conscious, her appearance a mixture of nonchalance and bleariness, mostly due to her fragile state.

Sounds like she's drifting away toward bliss in the Force. *grin*

Her fists were clenched so tightly that the skin over her knuckles had turned white, and Anakin wasn't sure whether she was about to punch something or break down in tears.

No, she's about ready to do something really stupid.

"We can stay and save him, that's what!

Excellent!

Twice the pride, double the fall.[/Dooku]

Jacen's not dead yet, little brother.

No, but perhaps soon you will be. [face_skull] Or else you'll join Jace.

"How do you know that, Tahiri?" he asked, taking a step closer to the little blonde.

She's all too eager to keep her mouth shut and that's not good for explaining and making them realize she's right to want to leave dear old Jacen.

"Then what was it like, Tahiri? Ever since you got that injury at the slave city, Jacen's been so quiet and strange. Now, we know why."

You have no idea because you're too stupid to put two and two together. 8-}

"I've had just about enough of this! I'm not going to let my brother die for this lying little Sith!"

Takes one to know one. [face_devil]

So, either Ani's going to die or Tahiri's going to die if Ani doesn't ever say anything more to her. o_O I wonder which one it will be. [face_whistling] All the Solo children are now headed toward [face_skull] or [face_devil]

5. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    :eek:

NO KRIFFING WAY!!!!!!!!!!

After all that! Anakin id going to go after Jacen and Jaina!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Why didn't Tahiri tell them?!?!?!?!

:_|

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I really loved this update, and I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to find out how this ends up...The Vong can't capture both of the twins...because then we'd end up with the twin sacrifice we were sparred in the NJO...

At least you seem to have alleviated our doom of the DNT...for which I will be eternally grateful...and the 'ships for sperm deal between Tenel Ka and Jacen, because you've beautifully ruined Jacen in Teeka's eyes before she was able to sink to go completely Hapan and reduce Jacen to being a sperm donor...

Wow again.

Sorry this is a short response...I'm working like a mad woman and am barely making it to the boards these days.

Preggers

6. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    :_| I guess I'll try to cope. At least I got a hug. ;)
    I'm also sure you'll do plenty of A/T mush in the future, right? *drags [I DEMAND A MUSHY SEQUEL] sign over from the ~Practice Makes Perfect~ thread* :p

Update:

:eek:

Still, I trust you will not do anything too drastic... right? [face_worried] *tries to resist the urge to crawl into a corner and start rocking herself in a fetal position*

Should you have chosen to kill Anakin off, however, you could just write a spin-off series to this one: 99 Attempts to Save Anakin Solo. :D

7. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Wow. Just wow:eek: . I can feel the climax approaching and man was this chapter intense. Will Jaina die? Will Jacen die? Will Anakin die? Or will all four perish? Man, you know how to make a cliffhanger, Ant.

8. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    I'm so sorry I've been slack with this fic, guys! I know you're all waiting patiently for the next installment, and it's almost ready, but DRL has been dreadful to me the last few weeks, and I've been struggling to even get online at all of late. :(

Right now I don't even have time to catch up on answering the replies from you all for last time, but I'll be sure to get them done before the next chapter is posted.

This is just a quick note to let you all know that I haven't forgotten, and also, to say thankyou to whoever nommed me, and this fic, for the fanfiction awards! :D [:D] [face_blush]

Thanks so much! [face_love] You guys rock!

Ant. ]-}

9. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    So was this foreshadowing to how the story would end? :_|

10. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Not necessarily... everything I've written has served some sort of purpose, but I won't say what exactly.. don't want to give away the ending, or any secrets or speculation for the ones to follow.. ;)

11. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Ok, seeing as I haven't got the update finished yet [face_blush] I thought I'd give you all a bit of a sneak peek on what's to come...

?I find that extremely hard to believe, Alema. I would?ve thought you?d want to make sure the creature that had butchered your sister in front of you was destroyed.?

?You?re fine now, but you?d be far from fine if it wasn?t for Tahiri,? he pointed out. ?That injury she sustained at the slave city? that was meant for you.?

?Excuse me,? Jaina interjected, ?But we?ve done all this before - with Tahiri - and I don?t plan on listening to the whole sob story again. Forgive me if I don?t leap for joy at the prospect of hearing you try and make your actions sound more plausible, and less like you were stabbing us all in the back.?

The smell of searing flesh wafted through Ganner?s flared nostrils...

She was a woman on a mission. She was a woman with revenge on her mind.

...In no particular order, of course! ;)

Enjoy!

Ant. ]-}

12. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Oh, yikes [face_worried]

Nice teaser, Ant :D I'm glad to see Ganner is still alive, but even that little snippet was pretty ominous [face_worried]

13. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    gah gah gah!!!!

14. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    The rest of the replies? [face_blush] Sorry, I?ve been awfully slack with these. :( Work has been hell lately.

JediMaster_Jen:

I think Jaina and Anakin should leave well enough alone. Jacen knows what he's doing.

Yeah, you?re right, he does know what he?s doing, but remember how Jaina was in the original SbS? Not wanting to let Anakin go and do what needed to be done? Jacen was the only thing that stopped her from doing something stupid like going after Anakin, and because Jacen wasn?t there to stop her this time, I took that into consideration when writing this part.

My reasoning is that Anakin is too similar to Jaina, and not so detached from emotion like his older brother, that he wouldn?t try to hard to stop his sister, and would just as rather go after her than help her see reason.

Terrific update.

Thank you very much! [:D] Thanks for reading, and sticking with this from the very beginning. It means a lot to me.

YodaKenobi:

Sequel?!

Yeah.. there?s a few, in fact. :) Glad to see you?re so excited about that. I have the first two chapters already completed for the sequel, so hopefully I won?t get so behind with that when it gets posted.

*fingers crossed*

I?m hoping for a tentative post-date of about one month after the completion of Sacrifice, but that?s open for opinion.

I think I'm the same way, actually

Oh well, then we can both be strange together. :p

It definitely shows Very well thought out.

Thanks. [face_blush] That?s ? wow ? it?s wonderful coming from you, who I consider to be one of the best planners on these boards.

It sounds lovely

A wonderful vacation spot. 8-}

Love the description

Danke.

So much compassion

Yeah, he?s just your average S.N.A.G, our Jacen.

I'm glad he was able to put that together. Time to kill them

Oh, definitely! I?ve been looking forward to killing them from the very beginning of this fic ? NO MORE DARK NEST!! [face_dancing]

*ant celebrates*

Geez. He's leaving Ganner to do his dirty work again

Can you hear the strains of ?Ganner?s last stand??

Is he going to rip off his shirt now and do the whole, "None shall pass" thingy?

I wish I?d thought of the ?no shirt? thingy when I was writing the next post. =P~

Sithpiss

Don?t curse just yet [face_mischief]

I hope it was formed in a way that it was giving Jacen one particular finger.

LMAO!! [face_laugh] You are hilarious!!

At least it wasn't "kiss Jaina for me"

Yeah, that would be Luke/Leia sick. I think there?s already enough incest in the SW universe. :p

That was a really powerful scene. So well written I really hope Anakin doesn't abandon them. If someone can find another way, I know it's him

Thank you very much! :D I can?t comment on Anakin [face_shhh] but you?ll see what happens soon enough.

Probably the best tactic when dealing with Jaina right now. Appealing to her sense of duty.

Yeah, that?s what I thought.

I'm really hoping Anakin is going to trick them into leaving while he goes after everyone himself

;)

I'm disappointed in both of them

It hasn?t exactly been the trip of a lifetime. :(

I know it's not funny, but I had to laugh at Jaina's choice of words here

Yeah, me too. 8-} Does that make us both a little sick? :confused:

Well, it's finally come out

I just couldn?t have one of them die without the truth being let out of the bag :eek:

Did I just say that??

Yes!!!

You?re excited he?s leaving them all to go after Jaina and his psychotic Sith of a brother? o_O :p

You were really making me nervous there . I was afraid Anakin really would leave the team behind, but I'm so glad you didn't let that happen. I j

15. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    And the last of the replies before the new postie...

Darth_Vastor:

Yay! A new reader!! [face_dancing]

Amazing, amazing chapter

Thank you very much! [:D] And thanks for jumping aboard, also. :)

So no pressure, right?

Only a wee bit :p

I love the echoes of Traitor here. Ganner may not get the chance to go out against ten thousand Vong, but at least he'll have the chance to be the hero he's always wanted to be.

Thank you. But hold that thought? [face_mischief]

The shadow of Darth Caedus stirs ... but this time Jacen won't let himself be consumed.

It does, indeed. I hope the next chapter does his character in this fic justice.

A very strange and powerful parallel to the events earlier in the story, where Jacen was willing to sacrifice everyone he cared about for the sake of his mission. His character has really evolved.

You?re right, it has. He might be evil, but it?s a different kind of evil to the one at the start of the fic. :D Thanks for picking that up.

This is one of the most powerful parts of the story so far. So well written.

Thank you so, so much! [face_blush] [:D]

That has to be the hardest thing Anakin has ever had to hear in his life.

Yeah. :( I can?t even begin to imagine what he would be feeling right now.

If he can maintain that sort of conviction, then no one, be it Vergere, Anakin, or the voxyn, is going to be able to stop him.

:D

What a time for everything to hit the fan ...

Yeah. :(

If this ends how it looks like it's going to, it will be supremely ironic, but that doesn't take away anything from how much I've enjoyed this story. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Thank you very much for your kind review, and for reading! [:D]

Jedi_Scribe:

God Damn.

That was awesome.

Thanks! :D

Maybe after my brain starts working again, I'll be able to come up with something more substantial, but right now all I can say is damn. Damn, damn, damn.

Hehe.. I?m just glad you enjoyed it so much. :) Thanks for reading!

Courtney_Solo:

WOW.
    *sniffles*
    I'm practically in love with this 'fic. *nods*

Excellent update!

Thank you very much for your kind words, Courtney! :*

And thanks for the continued support. [face_peace]

Laurie:

Hey, sweetie! :D

Very nasty description, but in a good way.

Thanks.

Evil Jacen.

Yeah.. he gets worse, I?m afraid..

And now they've struck!

They have!

This is so not good!

No, it?s not. :(

He's so arrogant.

Yeah, he?s always been a little arrogant, though, IMO. Even more so since Myrkr and his ?escape? from the Vong.

I can only hope.

LOL! You might not need to hope for too long. ;)

Oh no! Ganner!

Yeah, he?s hurt pretty bad. :_|

Yay Ganner!

SQUEE! Isn?t he amazing? [face_love]

Oh no, she just can't die!

Not yet, at least. I have big plans for Tahiri. [face_devil]

You don't know what your doing, Jaina!

She?s a very impulsive girl.. much like her younger brother, really.

Oh no! She's not going to turn too, is she?

Well, she did in the original Myrkr mission? [face_whistling]

Yes, yes! Get out of there!

[face_skull]

You don't know that Ani! And what about Tahiri! Your parents love her like a daughter too! You're giving up one Solo daughter to try to save a Sith and a possible future Sith Solo! cry *grabs tissues*

*cries with Laurie*

You'd better not kill her Jedi-Ant or- or, I don't know!

I?ll try not to..

Thanks for reading, mate! :D

The_Slilent_One:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! dont stop the

16. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    A/N: In order to get this belated post up for you all (so I can go back to writing notes for the sequels!), I've decided to put this up "pre-betaed." Because of this, any mistakes are my own, so please point them out if you see any.

I'll edit this post as soon as it comes back from the betas, should any changes need to be made.

I hope you all enjoy it, and sorry once again for the delay! [face_peace]

Ant. ]-}

[b][u]Chapter 34: A Hero?s Death. [/b][/u]

Ganner Rhysode had put up quite a fight. He?d had his hand severed at the wrist during the battle at the grashal, but in true Jedi spirit, he?d persisted, chasing after the treacherous Lomi and Welk, and eventually catching up with them just a few clicks away from where the [i]Tachyon Flier[/i] was hidden.

The two Dark Jedi had been more than a little shocked when a half-eaten voxyn carcass had been thrown their way, and as they?d re-started the sword fight from earlier, their evil eyes had narrowed and their jaws had set menacingly.

At first, Ganner had held his own against them, despite being outnumbered two to one and disadvantaged due to his fresh wound; however, calling on the force to bring the pain down to a manageable level was taking its toll on his energy resources, each lung and parry getting slower and more sloppy by the second.

He?d dropped his guard completely more than once, yet the Dark Jedi had failed to take advantage of those moments. One small flick of their arms would have silenced the mighty Ganner forever, but instead, they?d hit him with a telekinetic blast, watching with sick pleasure as he?d struggled to get back on his feet.

This was all a game to them. They were toying with him, because this was the first time in a long while that they?d had any prey to play with. Ganner could see the joyous sparkle in their dark eyes as they slowly wore him down to nothing. It was enough to turn even the strongest of stomaches.

?Give it up, Jedi!? Welk snarled, as he lashed out at the man?s left hand side. ?Your petty skills are no match for ours!?

Even though it was tempting to bite back with a cutting remark of his own, he held his tongue. Reacting to their taunts would only serve to satisfy their insatiable appetites for inflicting pain on another being.

?That merry band of Jedi or yours, and your ticket off this dump, will be ours, not matter what!? Lomi rasped teasingly. ?The best thing you can do at this point is to step aside. In fact, we might even let you live if you do.?

The hum of light particles flying through the humid air echoed in Ganner?s ears as he increased his attack speed, grunting along with each crackle of static as his blade met its evil counterparts. It was upsetting that the very weapons trying to destroy him had once belonged to his friends ? one lost, and one now on the verge of death.

?The longer you delay us in getting what we want, the more we?ll make your friends back at the ship suffer before we kill them,? Welk said.

Raucous laughter filled the surrounding area as the Dark Jedi reacted to the flash of anger that had lit up Ganner?s face after that last statement. They were breaking him. His steely resolve, the one thing he?d always prided himself on, was cracking under Welk?s horrendous threats.

He?d just done the worst possible thing ? he?d shown Lomi and Welk where his weaknesses lay. Now, they?d continue to use those weaknesses against him until he couldn?t take anymore.

Until he gave in to his anger.

Gritting his teeth, Ganner strengthened his grasp on his lightsaber and took a long, purposeful swing at Welk?s legs, causing the Dark Jedi to leap three feet in the air to avoid losing both lower limbs in the attack.

Lomi knocked the blonde Jedi over the back of the neck with the hilt of her weapon in retaliation to his assault on her partner, and Ganner was forced to stumble back blindly as he fought to regain his focus. Black spots blurred his vision, as the nerves in his upper spine were set alight in excruciating pain. The

17. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    :eek: Wow!

You?re fine now, but you?d be far from fine if it wasn?t for Tahiri,? he pointed out. ?That injury she sustained at the slave city? that was meant for you.?

?Me?? Anakin asked, his mouth agape. ?Are you sure??

?Well, Tahiri was so sure that she was ready to stake her life on it, so I?d say that?s a pretty good indication that it?s true, wouldn?t you??

The young leader just nodded meekly,

Yeah...dummy you better be ready to do some serious groveling when you get back! :mad:

He could hear the harsh grating noise as the creature gnawed through his backbone, the jagged edges of its canines ripping through his abdominal muscles with each pass they made like he was made of nothing more than flimisplast. It took all the strength and resolve in the galaxy to keep hold of the detonator gripped in his right hand.

Ten seconds.

He couldn?t hold it any longer. In a few seconds, the queen would have managed to cut him completely in half, and the dark shadow of death had fallen upon him. There was a resonating beep from the thermal detonator as the last few seconds of the countdown ticked away.

It was time to let go.

Poor Jacen! :_|

That was an amazing death scene! I can't wait to see were you take this next...I have to admit I am a little concerned for Jania, she was already throwing force lightening, and no one had even died yet, something tells me Anakin is going to have is hands full in a few seconds.

Great job as always! =D=

18. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    That was an incredible post. Once again, Jacen changes history without probably meaning to. =D=

But force-lightning, Jaina?? Anakin replied cynically. ?You know what Zekk would have said if he?d seen that.?

?Well, then it?s lucky Zekk wasn?t here,? she answered smartly.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing! All I can think is since Jacen won't be Sith now Jaina or Anakin will! (It's a family thing you know.)

I?m sorry, Alema,? he said, his sorrowful voice barely above a whisper.

?For what?? she scoffed, wiping at her tear-stained cheeks with the back of her shaking hands. ?For that heartless comment??

?No,? Jacen replied. ?For this.? Lifting his hands towards the blue-skinned alien, he called upon all the pent-up force energy in his body, closing his eyes against the pain as more than one thousand volts of electricity coursed through his fingers. Long, jagged lines of dark green force lightning shot out from his fingertips, lacing across the grashal and hitting Alema hard in the centre of her chest.

wonderful dialogue and poor Alema. At that point she had no way of knowing she would go dark. she had to wonder why Jacen was picking on her. Yet, his decision was not unwise, given what he knew she'd do! [face_frustrated] Still it was sad.

The ever-emerging Sith in him wanted to turn back, to save himself and leave the task of killing the voxyn to someone else; someone less powerful and much more expendable. However, the hate he harboured for the person he?d become ? for himself ? was so great that it suppressed every other feeling in his soul, so he didn?t turn back.

I really liked how you discribed Jacen's conflicting thoughts here. I'm glad he made the right choice. Talk about sacrifice. his was the one needed. I only hope the rest of the team makes it out alive.

The thermal detonator was still clasped in Jacen?s lifeless hand when it blew.

Amen! =D=

19. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 33: Sacrifice

Anger and hate blazed inside him as he fought the evil beings, and the only desire that remained in his heart was that of cold-blooded murder. He wanted to kill Lomi and Welk so badly that his once coffee-colored eyes burned vivid gold, the flames of his inner fury visible in his irises. Jacen knew what they were going to do if he let them escape now, and there was no way he was going to allow that to happen.

Again Anger and Hate! He really should start to learn! And golden eyes :eek: :eek:

?Anakin! Listen!? he interjected, pushing his apprehension into the force in the hope that his younger sibling would recognize the urgency of the situation. ?They?ve stolen lightsabers somewhere along the way, and they?ve taken out Ganner. They?re strong, and they won?t let anything stand in their way. There?s no time ? you have to get out of here now!?

And since when is he the boss? o_O

?Tell mum and dad that I?m sorry, and I love them,? he replied shakily, wiping at his blurred vision with the back of one hand. ?Take care of Jaina for me.?

? [face_thinking] Somehow like Anakin?s words

?Because?? she began anxiously, ?he?s had it all planned out for ages now.?

?Jacen?s been planning on dying this whole trip??

?Yes.?

?That?s a lie!? Jaina growled, unclipping her lightsaber from its hook on her utility belt and flicking on the ignition switch. ?Why would he kill himself when he doesn?t have to??

Because he has to?

?Then what was it like, Tahiri? Ever since you got that injury at the slave city, Jacen?s been so quiet and strange. Now, we know why.?

No you do not! [face_not_talking]

Anakin took one final look over his shoulder at the dying form of his beloved companion, before igniting his violet blade and taking off after his sister. ?I?m sorry, Tahiri,? he whispered.

Gah ? Solos! [face_frustrated]

That was the last thing he ever said to her.

What the heck!?!? :eek:

Chapter 34: A Hero?s Death.

[With an almighty scream that shook the ground beneath his feet, Ganner launched himself at Welk, his golden blade blazing like the fire of a thousand suns. The Dark Jedi had expected the threat of Tahiri?s torture to crack him, but Ganner doubted Welk had foreseen the tip of his enemy?s sword protruding from his chest.

[face_thinking] He gets no chance to show up in Dark Nest huh? :p

?Jaina! What in Sith...?

[face_laugh] perfect choosing of words =D=

?Save Jacen?? Ganner repeated. ?But you can?t save Jacen.?

Too fast they had been! Not listen they can! Stupid kiddos they are!

?No,? Jacen replied. ?For this.? Lifting his hands towards the blue-skinned alien, he called upon all the pent-up force energy in his body, closing his eyes against the pain as more than one thousand volts of electricity coursed through his fingers. Long, jagged lines of dark green force lightning shot out from his fingertips, lacing across the grashal and hitting Alema hard in the centre of her chest.

:eek: holy sith! Jacen?! :eek:

Jacen Solo was gone, but his legacy would live on for generations. He?d died a hero, just like he?d always wanted, and no one would ever find out the horrors he would have caused, had he lived like he was supposed to.

There was enough time for the voxyn queen to let out one last anguished howl, before its colossal was consumed in a fluorescent ball of liquid flames.

What an end for him :( you could nearly feel sorry if you haven?t read what he has done previously :p

=D=

Mags

20. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    star_writer24:

Wow!

Thank you. :)

Yeah...dummy you better be ready to do some serious groveling when you get back!

If he gets back.. ;)

Poor Jacen!

Yeah. :( I kinda feel sorry for him, even if he was going to turn all Sith. [face_plain]

That was an amazing death scene! I can't wait to see were you take this next...I have to admit I am a little concerned for Jania, she was already throwing force lightening, and no one had even died yet, something tells me Anakin is going to have is hands full in a few seconds.

Thank you very much! [:D] You make a good point about Jaina.. I?d been concerned, too. [face_devil]

Great job as always!

Thank you, dear! :D Thanks for reading.

iamobiwan1970:

That was an incredible post. Once again, Jacen changes history without probably meaning to.

He does indeed, and thank you so much! I worked hard on this one, so it?s nice to know it works. :D

LOL! I was thinking the same thing! All I can think is since Jacen won't be Sith now Jaina or Anakin will! (It's a family thing you know.)

Yeah.. [face_devil] It is a family thing, and someone has to fill his boots, so to speak? but who?? [face_thinking]

wonderful dialogue and poor Alema. At that point she had no way of knowing she would go dark. she had to wonder why Jacen was picking on her. Yet, his decision was not unwise, given what he knew she'd do! Still it was sad.

Thanks. I?ve always had a soft spot for Alema, and especially dark Alema, so it was hard for me to eliminate her so early on in the series?

I really liked how you discribed Jacen's conflicting thoughts here. I'm glad he made the right choice. Talk about sacrifice. his was the one needed. I only hope the rest of the team makes it out alive.

Thank you again! :D And most of the strike team will get out alive, but you won?t find out exactly who definitely survived until the start of the next ?fic. [face_mischief]

Amen!

:D

Thanks for reading and reviewing, obi! :*

Maggy:

Hey, there.. :)

Again Anger and Hate! He really should start to learn! And golden eyes

Yeah, gold eyes.. they?re a preview of what?s to come 8-}

And since when is he the boss?

Now?

? Somehow like Anakin?s words

That?s what I was going for, yeah, except for the whole ?kiss? thing. :p

Because he has to?

Yeah, but she doesn?t know that, and wouldn?t want to believe it, anyway, because she?s so stubborn. [face_plain]

No you do not!

She?s too stubborn to believe the truth.

Gah ? Solos!

I know! They?re all frustrating at times! [face_frustrated]

What the heck!?!?

[face_devil]

Yes.. am I evil or am I evil? :p

He gets no chance to show up in Dark Nest huh?

There is no Dark Nest [face_shhh]

perfect choosing of words

LOL! Thank you.

Too fast they had been! Not listen they can! Stupid kiddos they are!

Yeah, and they?ll pay for that, too.. ;)

holy sith! Jacen?!

You don?t feel sorry for him now, do you? o_O

What an end for him. you could nearly feel sorry if you haven?t read what he has done previously

Yeah? almost feel sorry for him. :p Glad you liked his ending.. I tried to make it as ?fitting? as possible.

Thanks for reading and reviewing, darl! [:D]

Thanks guys! I?m working on the LAST chapter now, so I?ll try and have it up in the next two weeks.. fingers crossed.

Thanks for reading and reviewing, everyone!
    [face_love]

Ant. ]-}

21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I've only recently started reading this.

Great job!

22. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    Ganner Rhysode had put up quite a fight. He?d had his hand severed at the wrist during the battle at the grashal, but in true Jedi spirit, he?d persisted, chasing after the treacherous Lomi and Welk, and eventually catching up with them just a few clicks away from where the Tachyon Flier was hidden...

...With that last tense word, Anakin Solo disappeared into the fog, leaving Ganner Rhysode alone with the bodies of the two Dark Jedi, one slain by his own blade, and the other killed in cold blood by Jaina?s aggression.

*Scribe picks jaw up off the floor, and stops reading in mid-post*

That was completely hardcore.

It was nearly the best Ganner scene I have ever read! (checks signature)

Dark! Jaina is not to be trifled with.

Anakin will learn the truth of all this...

*snaps out of dazed fascination and returns to reading*

23. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    oh my god, you killed Jacen!!!!! you *******!

Sorry south park moment.....

That was an amazing post but you killed Jacen.... you you killed him :_|!

No, no thats not possible, i don't beleive you..... NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Great post, just one question..... is Tahiri still alive? *points blaster at Jag*

PHGS Weyr

24. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    The Twi?lek slammed into the remaining section of the protective thorn hedge, crying out in agony as the razor-sharp spikes penetrated her perfectly toned dancer?s physique. Blood oozed from more than a dozen wounds as she slipped further into the bush, each hole opening up to wide slits from the violent shuddering of her electrocuted body.
    You know what the worst part of that is? It's actually a less cruel fate than her profic counterpart has endured.

Twenty seconds.
    I kid you not - right here I actually starting hearing the crescendo of John Williams' score in my head, clear as day.

He could hear the harsh grating noise as the creature gnawed through his backbone, the jagged edges of its canines ripping through his abdominal muscles with each pass they made like he was made of nothing more than flimisplast. It took all the strength and resolve in the galaxy to keep hold of the detonator gripped in his right hand.
    Ouch!

As it should be.

Wow. That was sensational. I am at a loss for words.

*Standing ovation*

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

25. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Yeah.. there?s a few, in fact. Glad to see you?re so excited about that. I have the first two chapters already completed for the sequel, so hopefully I won?t get so behind with that when it gets posted.

Cool :D

Chapter 34: A Hero?s Death.

I really like the title ;
    Ganner Rhysode had put up quite a fight. He?d had his hand severed at the wrist during the battle at the grashal, but in true Jedi spirit, he?d persisted, chasing after the treacherous Lomi and Welk, and eventually catching up with them just a few clicks away from where the Tachyon Flier was hidden.

Ganner's such a badass :cool:

He?d dropped his guard completely more than once, yet the Dark Jedi had failed to take advantage of those moments. One small flick of their arms would have silenced the mighty Ganner forever, but instead, they?d hit him with a telekinetic blast, watching with sick pleasure as he?d struggled to get back on his feet.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate them any more [face_plain] But I guess, whatever keeps them alive long enough for Anakin to get their and kick their butts is a good thing.

?You know, I think I?ll kill the little girl first,? Welk mused, the hollow sound of his boots slamming into the earth travelling around Ganner?s crumpled form in a tight circle as he spoke. ?Not quickly, of course,? he added, laughing hoarsely.

I hope Anakin hears that [face_plain]

?First, I think I?ll fry her insides with some force-lightning? then, I?ll cut off her airways just enough so that she almost passes out from the lack of oxygen. Then, when she?s on the edge of death, I?ll cut off each and every appendage very slooowly, and when she starts screaming for mercy, I?ll tell her it was you, Ganner Rhysode, who let this happen to her.?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

With an almighty scream that shook the ground beneath his feet, Ganner launched himself at Welk, his golden blade blazing like the fire of a thousand suns. The Dark Jedi had expected the threat of Tahiri?s torture to crack him, but Ganner doubted Welk had foreseen the tip of his enemy?s sword protruding from his chest.
    The smell of searing flesh wafted through Ganner?s flared nostrils, as the Dark Jedi?s writhing body slipped down the length of his glowing shaft. It was a slow, painful death, and one that the Jedi felt was fitting for such an evil being.

Go, Ganner! [face_dancing] Like I said, he's a badass [face_beatup]

The force-lightning that hit Lomi before she could muster the strength to shoot off her own blast at Ganner was blue in colour, the same hue as the lightsaber crystal that was imbedded in the attacker?s blade. Lomi shrieked like a banshee as the force of the current pushed her backwards, the electric fire coursing through her body and frying her from the inside out.

Holy smokes! Blue like the blade?!

The vivid cerulean of the lightning waves travelling sporadically around the area reflected ominously in the chocolate brown eyes of the young Jedi who was taking the life of Lomi. Ganner?s breath caught in his throat at the sight of Jaina Solo, his comrade, using such a dark technique to kill another, without the hint of remorse in her eyes.

Try as Jacen and Tahiri might, I guess some things just can't be changed... :eek:

That was awesome though [face_mischief] Lomi deserved it.

?But force-lightning, Jaina?? Anakin replied cynically. ?You know what Zekk would have said if he?d seen that.?
    ?Well, then it?s lucky Zekk wasn?t here,? she answered smartly.

[face_laugh]

Very nice little AU joke there, Ant :D

?Oh, yeah, she told us everything!? Jaina responded sarcastically. ?Right up until the part where she screwed my brother over and made him believe he had to sacrifice himself to save her life!?

I really like Jaina's anger here towards Tahiri. Very in-character, IMO.

?You?re fine now, but you?d be far from fine if it wasn?t for Tahiri,? he pointed out. ?That injury she sustained at the slave city? that was meant fo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.