Beyond Sacrifice: A Tahiri/Jacen/Anakin Fic *LOTF/NJO Era AU* Sequel Cover is Up 08/26/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. EvieSolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh, it WAS awful. :eek: But it was Jacen, so [shrugs]... :p

Now I'm just dying to find out what happens to Tahiri and Anakin. Seems I'll have to wait a couple of weeks, though... :(

You're welcome. Will you care for it and feed it and keep me updated on how it's doing? [pets_bunny] ;)
  2. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    All caught up. Totally floored by Anakin and Jaina both going off after Jacen. That puts a monkey wrench in the whole plan. [face_frustrated] And wouldn't it be weird and ironic if Jaina became the ... annihilator? [face_thinking] Then, the future will happen all over again, just with a different villain? Yuck!! Brilliant plot so far!! I'm sure the sequel will be amazing!!
  3. star_writer24 Jedi Master

star 4

That's not even funny to joke about! [face_shame_on_you]

J/K...it is your story after all...pout[face_not_talking] :D

4. DancerPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    These may be a little random. I realized halfway through typing this I was no longer in control of what my fingers were typing. :) 8-}

The two Dark Jedi had been more than a little shocked when a half-eaten voxyn carcass had been thrown their way, and as they?d re-started the sword fight from earlier, their evil eyes had narrowed and their jaws had set menacingly.

That was awesome. :p Sick but still awesome. I could see "American Bad***" being played in the background. GO GANNAR!

Until he gave in to his anger.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [face_shame_on_you]

?NOOOO!!!?

Thank you. That's what i was trying to say before :p No SW story is complete without this line :D

She was a woman on a mission. She was a woman with revenge on her mind.

Hell hath no fury...

?You?re going to regret that, Jedi scum!? she growled, tossing her stolen lightsaber to the side like it was a useless commodity and rasing her hands to chest height, her fingers bent in an appalling manner.

This really took me back to when Luke in the Emperor's throne room tossed down his saber at the end of ROTJ saying "You'v failed your highness, I'm a Jedi like my father." I thought it was a nice juxtaposition. Luke was becoming a Jedi turning away from the darkness, while Lomi was becoming a Sith, turning away from the light. =D= (or I could have read too much into that :p)

The vivid cerulean of the lightning waves travelling sporadically around the area reflected ominously in the chocolate brown eyes of the young Jedi who was taking the life of Lomi. Ganner?s breath caught in his throat at the sight of Jaina Solo, his comrade, using such a dark technique to kill another, without the hint of remorse in her eyes.

Ok, so I'm borrowing this from my previous post: *cues Imperial march and Vader breathing* No becoming a Lumiya the 2nd Jaina.

I need you to go back to the Flier for me, and if Jaina and I don?t make it back, I need you to take the others and go.?

?Of course,? the older Jedi answered. ?But you don?t need to worry about that. You?ll come back, right??

?Right.? If Ganner was basing his observation on the confidence in his leader?s tone alone, then this would likely be the last time they?d see each other. In true soldier form, the second-in-command saluted his brave leader once more. ?It?s been an honour, Anakin.?

This reminded me of that scene between Lando and Han, when Han thought it was going to be the last time he sa the Falcon. I'm going to hope that this is also a false forshadowing and that everyone comes out alive :)

?I find that extremely hard to believe, Alema. I would?ve thought you?d want to make sure the creature that had butchered your sister in front of you was destroyed.?

Ouch. Poor Alema. (Now who woulda thought I would be saying that! Ant look what you've done!) But as That 70's show would say, "ah BURN!"

?For what?? she scoffed, wiping at her tear-stained cheeks with the back of her shaking hands. ?For that heartless comment??

Jacen doesn't have a heart by now, so that should be expected Alema

?No,? Jacen replied. ?For this.? Lifting his hands towards the blue-skinned alien, he called upon all the pent-up force energy in his body, closing his eyes against the pain as more than one thousand volts of electricity coursed through his fingers. Long, jagged lines of dark green force lightning shot out from his fingertips, lacing across the grashal and hitting Alema hard in the centre of her chest.

:eek: Did the Force have a sale on a trip to the Darkside for the Solos? Buy one get one free perhaps? Leia would be so proud [face_plain]

Tears streamed down Jacen?s face as he continued to hold his comrade against the hedge, his fingers curling with the strength required in keeping such a brutal attack going. As her shaking increased to something close to a seizure, Jacen turned his head away from the scene in disgust.

So Jacen does have some limits? He ca
  5. shahid_chestro Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    AWESOME!!!!
    i hope you show the strike team's reaction to Jacen's death and also that of his parents and other prominent jedi.
    also..... i hope that Jaina or Anakin dont take up Jacen's sith destiny.....
  6. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    Thank you very much for sending me a PM! I certainly would like to continue to receive them; this story is so much fun to read.

Chapter 34: A Hero?s Death

Just from the title of the chapter, I could tell that it's going to be very sad ... but also very good.

This was all a game to them. They were toying with him, because this was the first time in a long while that they?d had any prey to play with. Ganner could see the joyous sparkle in their dark eyes as they slowly wore him down to nothing. It was enough to turn even the strongest of stomaches.

For some reason, it seems like those who try to milk too much pleasure out of a kill never actually get the kill in the end. I have a funny feeling that Lomi and Welk are about to find out what that's like.

He?d just done the worst possible thing ? he?d shown Lomi and Welk where his weaknesses lay. Now, they?d continue to use those weaknesses against him until he couldn?t take anymore.

Until he gave in to his anger.

Dark Jedi never learn, apparently. They kick the dying horse over and over again, and sooner or later it kicks them back ... hard.

?First, I think I?ll fry her insides with some force-lightning? then, I?ll cut off her airways just enough so that she almost passes out from the lack of oxygen. Then, when she?s on the edge of death, I?ll cut off each and every appendage very slooowly, and when she starts screaming for mercy, I?ll tell her it was you, Ganner Rhysode, who let this happen to her.?

?NOOOO!!!?

With an almighty scream that shook the ground beneath his feet, Ganner launched himself at Welk, his golden blade blazing like the fire of a thousand suns. The Dark Jedi had expected the threat of Tahiri?s torture to crack him, but Ganner doubted Welk had foreseen the tip of his enemy?s sword protruding from his chest.

Wow ... case and point. :D

The force-lightning that hit Lomi before she could muster the strength to shoot off her own blast at Ganner was blue in colour, the same hue as the lightsaber crystal that was imbedded in the attacker?s blade. Lomi shrieked like a banshee as the force of the current pushed her backwards, the electric fire coursing through her body and frying her from the inside out.

The vivid cerulean of the lightning waves travelling sporadically around the area reflected ominously in the chocolate brown eyes of the young Jedi who was taking the life of Lomi. Ganner?s breath caught in his throat at the sight of Jaina Solo, his comrade, using such a dark technique to kill another, without the hint of remorse in her eyes.

I was expecting something like this, but it still came as a shock when it happened. Like the poor soul see just fried, Jaina Solo is definitely a woman with revenge on her mind.

?Jaina! What in Sith...?

Ahhhhhh ... irony. ;)

?Save Jacen?? Ganner repeated. ?But you can?t save Jacen.?

That won't stop them from trying, though.

?Tell Tahiri and my parents that I?m sorry, and that I love them.?

?Only if you don?t make it back, though, right??

?Right.?

I would be feeling optimistic, but the last line of the last chapter makes me think that more than one Solo will not be leaving Myrkr alive.

(Unless its Tahiri who dies ... so many different outcomes!)

?You?ve probably already worked out by now that what you want doesn?t matter to me, so to save us both from the subsequent screaming match and headache that would no doubt follow such an explanation from me, why don?t you just hand me those thermals and get out of the way so I can finish this??

Brutal, but necessary. It's hard to feel sad for Alema, knowing how selfish and twisted she becomes later.

?I?m sorry, Alema,? he said, his sorrowful voice barely above a whisper.

?For what?? she scoffed, wiping at her tear-stained cheeks with the back of her shaking hands. ?For that heartless comment??

?No,? Jacen replied. ?For this.? Lifting his hands towards the blue-skinned alien, he called upon all the pent-up force e
  7. JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost

star 4
    Jacen Solo was gone, but his legacy would live on for generations. He?d died a hero, just like he?d always wanted, and no one would ever find out the horrors he would have caused, had he lived like he was supposed to.

Terrific chapter. =D= I just hope Jacen's sacrifice doesn't send Jaina plumeting into the dark side, where she becomes something even worse than he would have been.

8. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Charlemagne19:

I've only recently started reading this.

Great job!

Thank you very much! :) There?s only one more post to go, so I hope you enjoy the rest of the story. Thanks for stopping by.

Jedi_Scribe:

*Scribe picks jaw up off the floor, and stops reading in mid-post*

That was completely hardcore.

It was nearly the best Ganner scene I have ever read! (checks signature)

Wow! [face_blush] Thank you very much, that is quite a compliment!! [:D]

Dark! Jaina is not to be trifled with.

Anakin will learn the truth of all this...

Yes, he will indeed. ;)

*snaps out of dazed fascination and returns to reading*

I hope you enjoy the rest! Thanks for reading! :D

PHGS_Weyr:

oh my god, you killed Jacen!!!!! you *******!

Sorry south park moment.....

LOL! That?s ok. I appreciated the South Park moment.. I love that show.

That was an amazing post but you killed Jacen.... you you killed him!

No, no thats not possible, i don't beleive you..... NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*nods* Yes, I did kill Jacen.. sorry, but his death was always on the cards, I?m afraid.

But just because he?s dead, doesn?t mean you won?t see him pop up again somewhere [face_mischief]

Great post, just one question..... is Tahiri still alive? *points blaster at Jag*

Yes..

Thanks for reading & reviewing!! [face_peace]

Jedi_Scribe:

Welcome back..

You know what the worst part of that is? It's actually a less cruel fate than her profic counterpart has endured.

Yes it is.. only slightly, but.. no, you?ll just have to wait and see [face_devil]

I kid you not - right here I actually starting hearing the crescendo of John Williams' score in my head, clear as day.

Awesome!! :cool: Wow, I?m so glad I could make this chapter work so well for you!

Ouch!

Yeah.. [face_worried] I wondered whether I went a little OTT with the descriptions here..

As it should be.

*nods*

Wow. That was sensational. I am at a loss for words.

*Standing ovation*

*blushes*

*takes a small curtsy*

Thank you so much for your very kind words, Scribe! :*

YodaKenobi:

I really like the title

Thanks. :) Titles are hard for me, so I?m glad you liked it.

Ganner's such a badass

Oh, isn?t he just? I love the guy! [face_love] Expect to see more of him in the ones to follow..

Just when I thought I couldn't hate them any more But I guess, whatever keeps them alive long enough for Anakin to get their and kick their butts is a good thing.

Yes, I tried to make them as detestable as possible.. that way it makes their deaths so much sweeter, IMO. And as you now know, Anakin didn?t get to kick their butts.. but I hope Ganner made up for that. ;)

I hope Anakin hears that

That would have been a sight to see.

Go, Ganner! Like I said, he's a badass

He?s so great!

Holy smokes! Blue like the blade?!

Exactly. [face_devil]

Try as Jacen and Tahiri might, I guess some things just can't be changed...

That?s what I was aiming for, yeah.

That was awesome though Lomi deserved it.

She totally deserved it! I?m glad you enjoyed it, it was great to finally kill those two off! [face_dancing]

Very nice little AU joke there, Ant

Thank you. :D

I really like Jaina's anger here towards Tahiri. Very in-character, IMO.

Thanks again. I tried really hard to keep them as in-character as possible, and like you said, I really think that?s how the Jaina in canon would act, so thanks for that. :)

That's going to be tough for him to take

You?ll get a bit of insight into just how he?s taking that news in the last chapter.

9. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Yes, I tried to make them as detestable as possible.. that way it makes their deaths so much sweeter, IMO. And as you now know, Anakin didn?t get to kick their butts.. but I hope Ganner made up for that.

Oh yeah, it was great :D

No comment.
    Sorry, I hate doing that, but I have to at this point.

S'okay, I understand.

Yes, he is. Although, ridding the world of Alema can only be a good thing.. right??

Not in my opinion :( No one even tried to reach out to her in canon even though they knew she was slipping. Luke and the others treated her very shabbily, IMO, and I don't think she was destined for evil.

I'm sure to Jacen it was one more person he could take with him though, and someone he saw as evil.

LOL! Well, we know he died a villain, but the others think he was a hero, because they didn?t know about Alema.
    He?s figured it all out, Jacen.. very cunning..

I hope someone's smacking him in the after life!

It was pretty graphic, I must admit, and reading it again now, I kinda wonder whether I?ve gone a little far for these boards. I?m sure someone will tell me if I have.

Nah, it seems all right. It's brutal, but no more than SBS really, and that's what this is about after all. Also, it's not really as graphic as what the mind conjures up on its own when reading it. You didn't go over the line in graphically describing it or anything.

LOL! I actually hadn?t thought about that possibility, to be honest.
    That?s an interesting theory.. I wonder, should it be explored more? Oh, now you?ve just given me ideas!

I don't know, I don't want to affect your creative process. You obviously have something in mind already. Just go with your gut :p

Hopefully the last post won?t be too far away, though it is taking a while to get my head around the ending, and keep focus.

No worries, we'll all be waiting until it's ready :D
  10. Jedi_Scribe Jedi Master

star 1

Over the top? Heck, no. I thought you did an awesome job with the action throughout the fic. Absolutely no reason to hold back in the finale. Besides, it made Jacen seem more genuine, knowing what he endured like that. =D=
  11. Earthknight Jedi Master

star 4
    Great update, Ant =D= . Very intense and very graphic death for Jacen. In a way a feel sorry for him, but I knew he was going to make the sacrifice. Oh and I also loved the Welk/Lomi/Ganner showdown. That was very well done.
  12. shahid_chestro Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    one more thing.... since before knowing about his future, Jacen was the most passive Jedi and now that he's died like he wanted to die.... i hope you show that luke and all jedi feel his passing and hear his voice reciting the Jedi code.
    i hope you incorporate it in this fic.
    Plz update soon.
  13. shahid_chestro Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    one more thing.... since before knowing about his future, Jacen was the most passive Jedi and now that he's died like he wanted to die.... i hope you show that luke and all jedi feel his passing and hear his voice reciting the Jedi code.
    i hope you incorporate it in this fic.
    Plz update soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no emotion; there is peace.
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    There is no passion; there is serenity.
    There is no chaos; there is harmony.
    There is no death; there is the Force.
  14. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    She was only trying to protect those she loved most, and those same actions that had kept her loved ones safe were going to make her look like a liar.
    That is sadly often the case. Poor Tahiri. Poor Anakin for being such a twit.

The ever-emerging Sith in him wanted to turn back, to save himself and leave the task of killing the voxyn to someone else; someone less powerful and much more expendable. However, the hate he harboured for the person he?d become ? for himself ? was so great that it suppressed every other feeling in his soul, so he didn?t turn back.
    Great description of his inner conflict. :)

Have to rush off to catch the bus - will post the rest later. Bother DRL. ;)

Back again. :)

Jacen's determination has to be admired in the light of the fact he had to war against his own "demon" in the form of his Sith self. I guess the question is - is he truly a hero when he orchestrated it so he could be a hero, if you get what I mean. Kind of like the dilemma of the hero in Lord Jim.

Or maybe I just read too much psychology. :D

Anyway he sure went out with a bang. ;) And, more importantly from his point of view, he has achieved peace for himself.

Great to see Anakin beginning to think straight, but I'm worried about Jaina. Looking forward to see how it all resolves itself. :) Which I see I can now do becasue you've posted the finale. Yay. :)
  15. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Here?s the rest of the replies I promised about a week ago? [face_blush]

EvieSolo:

Oh, it WAS awful. But it was Jacen, so [shrugs]...

LOL!

Now I'm just dying to find out what happens to Tahiri and Anakin. Seems I'll have to wait a couple of weeks, though...

Yeah, sorry about that. :( I didn?t plan on a wait this long, but I?ve been terribly busy with projects of my own, so have been neglecting fanfic a little more than I?d like.

You're welcome. Will you care for it and feed it and keep me updated on how it's doing? [pets_bunny]

Of course! And it?s doing great! Kidan just came up with an idea similar to yours for part of his Anime Challenge, so I?ll be sure to write something for that. :D When I can find time? [face_frustrated]

Jade_eyes:

All caught up. Totally floored by Anakin and Jaina both going off after Jacen. That puts a monkey wrench in the whole plan. And wouldn't it be weird and ironic if Jaina became the ... annihilator? Then, the future will happen all over again, just with a different villain? Yuck!! Brilliant plot so far!! I'm sure the sequel will be amazing!!

Firstly, thank you very much for reading this! :D I?m so glad you?re enjoying it all so much. :)

As for Jaina turning into the villain? hmmm? I won?t say I haven?t given the idea some thought, but other than that, I fear a ?no comment? is on the tip of my tongue. :p

star_writer24:

That's not even funny to joke about!

Sorry! :( Hubs??

J/K...it is your story after all...pout

Yeah.. but hopefully you won?t dislike the ending too much.. [face_worried]

DancerPadme:

These may be a little random. I realized halfway through typing this I was no longer in control of what my fingers were typing.

Awesome! :cool: I love random responses! [face_dancing]

That was awesome. Sick but still awesome. I could see "American Bad***" being played in the background. GO GANNAR!

[face_dancing] Yay! I?m glad you loved it!

*holds up banner that says ?GANNER ROCKS? in big gold letters*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL!

Thank you. That's what i was trying to say before No SW story is complete without this line

I agree. :D The same as no story with Palpy in it is complete without his trademark: ?Gooooood? [face_laugh]

Hell hath no fury...

?like a woman scorned. ;) That is so true!

This really took me back to when Luke in the Emperor's throne room tossed down his saber at the end of ROTJ saying "You'v failed your highness, I'm a Jedi like my father." I thought it was a nice juxtaposition. Luke was becoming a Jedi turning away from the darkness, while Lomi was becoming a Sith, turning away from the light. (or I could have read too much into that)

No, no, you didn?t read too much into it. All the SW movies of course play a part in inspiring us all in our writing, so similarities slip in sometimes. ;) I?m impressed that you picked it up. =D=

Ok, so I'm borrowing this from my previous post: *cues Imperial march and Vader breathing* No becoming a Lumiya the 2nd Jaina.

LOL! What about the third time?? [face_batting]

This reminded me of that scene between Lando and Han, when Han thought it was going to be the last time he sa the Falcon. I'm going to hope that this is also a false forshadowing and that everyone comes out alive

No comment.. [face_devil]

Ouch. Poor Alema. (Now who woulda thought I would be saying that! Ant look what you've done!) But as That 70's show would say, "ah BURN!"

LMAO!!! [face_laugh]

Sorry, for a second there I almost felt sorry for Alema, too. [face_skull] I was just sad to see a good villain bite the dust? or, the thorn hedge, as it were. :p

Jacen doesn't have a heart by now, so that
  16. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Chapter 35: Grief?s Fury.

All Jaina could do was stand and stare as the mighty wall of golden flames rose high into the air through the nonexistent roof of the voxyn grashal, the molten yellow of the twisting tongues turning a vivid scarlet as they collided with the intensity of the setting sun, casting an eerie, fiery glow over the surrounding landscape. The darkening trunks of the trees bordering the smouldering thorn hedge illuminated in a sudden flash of amber light, the shadows cast from their overhanging branches dancing wildly over the hard earth with each sporadic flicker of fire.

The feeling inside Jaina?s heart matched that of the dazzling display in front of her: each tiny crevasse in her petite frame alive with the red-hot fury of pain, loss, and revenge. This was her fault - Tahiri?s. The little blonde girl who?d spent so much of her life being treated like an extension of the Solo family had betrayed them all, giving up Jacen?s life to save her own.

And now he was dead, her twin brother?s body lost somewhere in the blaze that had already consumed most of the grashal by the time she?d made it over the last hill. She?d heard the reverberating boom from the thermal detonators as she?d raced over the rugged ground; felt the short stab of pain that had clutched at her heart as Jacen?s life was taken from him, and the overwhelming hollowness that had followed thereafter. Jaina had heard, as she?d thrown herself over the crest of the hill in desperation, the gut-wrenching scream that had escaped her lips, the strings of profanity that had pursued, and then the echoing sound of her own strangled cries as she sobbed, hysterically, into the dead of the evening.

She?d been too late to save him; that much was certain. There was no physical way she could have run any faster, or taken down Lomi Plo any quicker. Yet Jaina would not believe that Jacen had been destined to die here today. She knew, deep inside her twisted mind, now filled with anger and unrestrained aguish, that if she and Anakin hadn?t stayed so long at the Flier, if they?d just left instead of listening to Tahiri?s tales of treachery, then they would have arrived in time.

They would have been able to prevent Jacen?s death.

Tahiri had ruined everything. She?d used them all: Jaina, Anakin, Tesar, Lowie, but especially Jacen, and now her twin was dead.

Because of her.

Because of Tahiri.

It was strange; how quickly one could turn on someone they once considered a friend. Only hours earlier, Jaina would have given her life to save her little brother?s girlfriend, but not anymore. Now that she knew the truth of what the young Jedi had done, she?d no sooner risk her neck for the likes of Welk or Lomi Plo.

Lomi Plo?

For the first time since her brief, tumultuous encounter with the Dark Jedi on the outskirts of the strike team?s current hideout, Jaina comprehended exactly what she?d done. She held up her now shaking hands in front of her face, gazing at them with widened, glazed eyes. These two hands, attached to her body, had been responsible for the death of someone very evil, but also, very human. She?d killed Lomi using power only a Dark Jedi could tap into, and even now, as she continued to stare at her long, pale fingers, Jaina could feel the pent-up energy pulsing through her flesh.

Jaina clenched her throbbing hands into tight fists, as if by doing so, she?d be able to prevent a similar attack from occurring. It was a futile effort, and one she still carried out, even if she were only humouring herself; hiding from the truth of the matter. The anger she?d felt after seeing her brother?s fiery grave still swirled inside her, her rage towards Tahiri increasing every extra second she stood, rooted to the spot. Jaina knew that dwelling on such thoughts was destructive, but she couldn?t help it. She wanted revenge; she needed revenge. Someone had to pay for what had happened today, so that Jacen?s dead wasn?t in vain.

Her mind made up, the distraught Jedi turned away from the bu
  17. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6

I don't like the sound of that [face_worried]

All Jaina could do was stand and stare as the mighty wall of golden flames rose high into the air through the nonexistent roof of the voxyn grashal, the molten yellow of the twisting tongues turning a vivid scarlet as they collided with the intensity of the setting sun, casting an eerie, fiery glow over the surrounding landscape. The darkening trunks of the trees bordering the smouldering thorn hedge illuminated in a sudden flash of amber light, the shadows cast from their overhanging branches dancing wildly over the hard earth with each sporadic flicker of fire.

Wow, wonderful! =D=

The feeling inside Jaina?s heart matched that of the dazzling display in front of her: each tiny crevasse in her petite frame alive with the red-hot fury of pain, loss, and revenge. This was her fault - Tahiri?s. The little blonde girl who?d spent so much of her life being treated like an extension of the Solo family had betrayed them all, giving up Jacen?s life to save her own.

:eek:

Holy smokes! Jaina's wrath is going to be aimed at Tahiri!

Not that I can really blame her. This is kind of Tahiri's fault [face_thinking] Though Jacen was just as culpable for keeping information from everyone, and even more responsible for it all.

Still, I didn't see this coming. Jaina can fall to the dark side hell-bent on killing Tahiri! :eek:

And now he was dead, her twin brother?s body lost somewhere in the blaze that had already consumed most of the grashal by the time she?d made it over the last hill.

I feel so bad for her :(

But... *dances on Jacen's grave* [face_dancing]

Yet Jaina would not believe that Jacen had been destined to die here today

She's right about that...

that if she and Anakin hadn?t stayed so long at the Flier, if they?d just left instead of listening to Tahiri?s tales of treachery, then they would have arrived in time.

Then they'd both probably be dead too :(

She wanted revenge; she needed revenge. Someone had to pay for what had happened today, so that Jacen?s dead wasn?t in vain.

It's hard to think Jaina's wrong here [face_thinking] Tahiri did probably cost a lot of lives with her deceit, but obviously, revenge isn't the answer for a Jedi.

There was a gentle tugging on one balled fist, and then Anakin?s hand slipped silently into hers, their clammy fingers lacing together as they had done so many times in their youth. It was almost automatic, they way they clung together, more for Anakin?s reassurance than Jaina?s.
    For the longest time, the pair stood together, side by side, linked both through their invisible force tether, and the physical one at their hands. Neither one spoke, though Jaina knew that Anakin was still crying; she could feel his intermittent trembling travel from down his arm to their connected wrists, his clamped fingers twitching every now and then as his shoulders heaved from yet another wracking sob.

:_|

I think this is my favorite moment of the entire fic. Beautiful, Ant =D= It seems like a lot of people forget about the relationship between siblings in favor of more exciting relationships, but you've done a great job here.

She knew Anakin was aware of at least part of what she was dwelling on: his grip on her hand had tightened behind comfort, and was actually starting to hurt. As she glanced down, she could see the tops of both of their knuckles turning a brutal white against the strain he was placing on their hold, and Jaina had to grab at her brother?s hand with her free one in order to prize him away from her.
    She flexed her crippled joints slowly as the blood flow returned to her aching fingers, scowling at the ground as Anakin softly told her, ?You can?t think like that, Jaya, Jacen wouldn?t have wanted it.?
    ?Jacen wouldn?t have wanted to die for her, either!? she spat back, unable to contain the vicious retort that had slipped from her pursed lips.

I'
  18. Earthknight Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa! Just Whoa:eek: !! I did not expect that ending. Very emotional and well done, Ant!

This story was....INCREDIBLE! Great action, great characterizations, great descriptions, and just overall well done=D= .

P.S- Good luck at the Awards, Ant[:D] .
  19. Aiel Jedi Master

star 4
    Wowies. Great ending to a great story. Well done and good luck at the awards sweetie! (Bring it home for the Aussies. [:D] )
  20. PHGS_Weyr Jedi Master

star 4
    That was so cool... whens the sequel? :p

Very, very, very good =D=

Does Jaina become the one trained by Vergre now? Or Anakin?

Either way the destiny of the sith will come about.... [face_clown] <-(the most evil image on the boards)

I can't beleive that its over... :_|

Great Job Ant, see you in the next fic! and it had better be 'Hidden Desire' [:D]

*again holds Jag hostage, puts on the Dallas marathon*

PHGS Weyr
  21. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Wowsers. Looks like Anakin was Jaina's redemption. It would have been tragic if she'd undone everything Jacen's sacrifice was supposed to make happen, as to avoiding a tragic future, etc. Now, what??? [face_worried] [face_worried] Vivid, poignant, real. I'm absolutely amazed and stupefied at your talent. You got serious game. =D= [:D] Can't wait for the sequel. :)
  22. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There was a gentle tugging on one balled fist, and then Anakin?s hand slipped silently into hers, their clammy fingers lacing together as they had done so many times in their youth. It was almost automatic, they way they clung together, more for Anakin?s reassurance than Jaina?s.

For the longest time, the pair stood together, side by side, linked both through their invisible force tether, and the physical one at their hands. Neither one spoke, though Jaina knew that Anakin was still crying; she could feel his intermittent trembling travel from down his arm to their connected wrists, his clamped fingers twitching every now and then as his shoulders heaved from yet another wracking sob.

I liked that bit - it harks back to that special bond between Jaina and Anakin that they've had since kids.

With their lightsabers poised above their heads, and their bodies glowing white gold with the strength of the force flowing through them, Anakin and Jaina charged into the fray.
    Loved that image. I get the feeling that Anakin's "light" side is cleansing her of that darkness. I hope that's the case for her sake. :)

But then I worry about Anakin becasue he really needs Tahiri's strength to bolster him. Which makes the cliffie even more of a cliffie. :)

Exciting ending - these Solos and their last stands! Looking forward to the continuation. :)
  23. Jedi_Scribe Jedi Master

star 1
    No kidding!

Author! Author!
    Wow. That was one heck of a poignant paragraph. Vivid wordplay and stunning visualization.

This can?t be good, but I can totally see Jaina thinking this way right now.

And now he was dead, her twin brother?s body lost somewhere in the blaze that had already consumed most of the grashal by the time she?d made it over the last hill. She?d heard the reverberating boom from the thermal detonators as she?d raced over the rugged ground; felt the short stab of pain that had clutched at her heart as Jacen?s life was taken from him, and the overwhelming hollowness that had followed thereafter. Jaina had heard, as she?d thrown herself over the crest of the hill in desperation, the gut-wrenching scream that had escaped her lips, the strings of profanity that had pursued, and then the echoing sound of her own strangled cries as she sobbed, hysterically, into the dead of the evening.
    Brilliant description of her emotions and the scene before her. It feels so?real. [face_worried]

She?d been too late to save him; that much was certain. There was no physical way she could have run any faster, or taken down Lomi Plo any quicker. Yet Jaina would not believe that Jacen had been destined to die here today. She knew, deep inside her twisted mind, now filled with anger and unrestrained aguish, that if she and Anakin hadn?t stayed so long at the Flier, if they?d just left instead of listening to Tahiri?s tales of treachery, then they would have arrived in time.
    Maybe, but this wasn?t about her, it was about Jacen; Tahiri was only doing what she thought was right based on knowledge of future events that Jaina does not have. If Jaina doesn?t just cut her head off, maybe Tahiri will be able to make her see reason. Not!

They would have been able to prevent Jacen?s death.
    Tahiri had ruined everything. She?d used them all: Jaina, Anakin, Tesar, Lowie, but especially Jacen, and now her twin was dead.
    Because of her.
    Because of Tahiri.
    It was strange; how quickly one could turn on someone they once considered a friend. Only hours earlier, Jaina would have given her life to save her little brother?s girlfriend, but not anymore. Now that she knew the truth of what the young Jedi had done, she?d no sooner risk her neck for the likes of Welk or Lomi Plo.
    Again, she only knows part of the truth, and she is jumping to conclusions based on assumptions and her own torment. It should be quite interesting to see how (or if?) this is resolved.

Lomi Plo?
    For the first time since her brief, tumultuous encounter with the Dark Jedi on the outskirts of the strike team?s current hideout, Jaina comprehended exactly what she?d done. She held up her now shaking hands in front of her face, gazing at them with widened, glazed eyes. These two hands, attached to her body, had been responsible for the death of someone very evil, but also, very human. She?d killed Lomi using pow
  24. DancerPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome! I love random responses!

I love typing them as well! Glad to hear that you enjoy them as well

*holds up banner that says ?GANNER ROCKS? in big gold letters*

*holds up sign right next to it saying "my socks off" in big silver letters* :p

I agree. The same as no story with Palpy in it is complete without his trademark: ?Gooooood?

Very good point. Last night my bf brought up the "NOOOO" at the end of ROTS as the worst acting ever, and it made me think of this story. Is that weird? Probably :p

?like a woman scorned. That is so true!

Very true indeed! Now I wonder if the force is female or male? Hmmmm

No, no, you didn?t read too much into it. All the SW movies of course play a part in inspiring us all in our writing, so similarities slip in sometimes. I?m impressed that you picked it up.

Well that's a first. I tend to overanalyze things to death. Was it impressive, most impressive? :p But I've been told even by English teachers that I'm reading too much into it :p

LOL! What about the third time??

I think I meant Jaina becoming Lumiya redux...but even when I reread what I said in your reply I was confused by what I meant :p Sometimes random posts came be confusing.

This reminded me of that scene between Lando and Han, when Han thought it was going to be the last time he sa the Falcon. I'm going to hope that this is also a false forshadowing and that everyone comes out alive

No comment..

Sorry, for a second there I almost felt sorry for Alema, too. I was just sad to see a good villain bite the dust? or, the thorn hedge, as it were.

It's quite ok. I don't quite understand Alemea that much. IDK maybe it's me. (not in this fic, but in profic) *cues "every rose has it's thorn" (I thought of that song when you typed that, and I just finished watching "rock of love" which is an awesome show, although not as good as flavor of love :p i know i know....)

He?s got a black heart, filled with coal.

Why did I just get an image of Jacen as an evil Vader/ Clause hybrid? aaaaah!

LOL! LOL! Oh, that was hilarious!! Thank you for having me laugh so hard!!

How about buy one get two free?? Now, that thought?s just too evil to contemplate? forget I said anything at all?

I try, I try. I have to share my random thoughts with someone :p But you're welcome. Always glad to hear I can make ppl laugh :) And yes that is too evil to contemplate.....but if that is true I guess the Force must be a woman bc only a female could appreciate such wonderful sales.

LOL! You are hilarious!!

[face_blush] That quote actually came about when me and a friend were arguing as far back as the end of the NJO about if Jacen is evil or not and I said the Sithland quote and he just couldn't stop laughing, so I therefore won. :D

I?m glad you enjoyed it, and I agree, it?s for the best I think.. although, you might not be saying that after the last update

And I laughed so hard that when you read Jacen?s death, you thought of a cooking chicken!!! He?ll be so pleased!

I'm def. saying that now after reading it! :( This is what happens when you try to change the past. And I'm sure he would be pleased. At least chicken is yummy, it could be something nasty, like tomatoes. It's AB's fault! :p

But thank you so much for reading, and for your wonderful review!! I?m so happy you?re enjoying the ride, and hope to impress you with the last chapter, which is about 1/2 complete as I type this now.

Thanks again!

You're welcome x 2!! I've enjoyed the ride all the way through and can't wait for the next!

Chapter 35: Grief?s Fury

I loved the title. I think you could have just posted that and I would have been happy :p Well not really, but yeah. It was very fitting!

All Jaina could do was stand and stare as the mighty wall of golden flames rose high into the air through the nonexistent roof of the voxyn grashal, the molten yellow of the twisting tongues turn
  25. star_writer24 Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]
    If I don't laugh I'll cry...and I just might anyways!
    :_|:_|:_|

Honestly...a very well written story, I admire the depth of your characters particularly Jaina and Tahiri I thought were very well written. =D=

I still can't believe you killed all three Solos though...or did you?:confused:... still laughing...[face_laugh]

You are definitely going to have to sign me up for the sequel...I wince as I write that[face_worried] .

Thanks for entertaining us![:D]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.