main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sacrifice: A Tahiri/Jacen/Anakin Fic *LOTF/NJO Era AU* Sequel Cover is Up 08/26/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    =D= OMG! :eek: It's over! What a ride it's been...........pshew i am tired.

Well, what can i say? The emotion at the end (with Anakin in tears) was full. Really well written.

I guess all i can say is, oh good there is a sequel cause there better be some resolution to this cliffie! And please please tell me you did not kill all the Solo children? (I'm guessing that is the point of the sequel?)

Wonderous!!!! =D= =D= :D

2. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    [face_dancing]

500 posts!! :eek: Whoa! I had no idea this would get so big! It's awesome!!

Thanks to all who've responded so far [:D] I'll get to your replies on the weekend so I don't get so behind with them.

As promised, I have some sequel news for you:

It's coming along rather nicely, and I plan to begin posting on Saturday, 1st of September. :D Hopefully I'll have some cover art completed by that day, too.

So I guess you're all going to need a title to look out for, huh?

HOLOCAUST

... coming to a Beyond the Saga thread near you, September 2007.

I'll post the DP next week so you can all speculate, and then following that will be a teaser trailer or two. :p

Ant. ]-}

3. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    HI,

Nice Story.

hmm.... so is Jaina gonna take up Jacen's destiny?????:eek:
    or is anakin ??? hmmmm[face_hypnotized]

anyway... i hope that you include Jacen as a force ghost...... how about ..... :D
    you show that now that Jacen has passed on, he remembers what he became in the alternate timeline, and he also retains his force knowledge and so teaches someone (not gonna say who :D) the various aspects of the force like QuiGON taught Yoda and ObiWan.....hmmm...

also..... remember the request about Jacen reciting the JediCode and the other jedi hearing it. :)

also...plaese add me to your PM list [face_praying]

4. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Hello all!

This is just a short note to thank you all for voting and nominating me for the 2007 Beyond the Saga Awards. [:D] There was some stiff competition, and a lot of brilliant fiction showcased there, so to just be a part of it all was tremendous fun! :D

And a big thank you to all those who voted for me in the category of Best New Author. :* Your support means the world to me! [:D]

Ant. ]-}

5. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    you evil woman have killed them! killed! :eek: evil

:p

=D= congrats for finishing your first 'fic
    congrats to being "Best New Author" =D=

keep the sequel coming [face_mischief] :D [face_batting]

shush you [face_blush]
    it has it's advantages to get all in advance [face_mischief]

:p

[:D] you are very welcome, anytime [:D] :*

superb work, Ant =D= [:D]
    and [face_batting] my pm box is always open [face_batting] :D [face_mischief]

6. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    I'll get to replies tonight... I was going to do them last night, but had to spend it up at the hospital with my partner, who decided he felt like breaking his collarbone during a game of touch footy with the boys. :rolleyes:

I have managed to get the first teaser trailer finished for you all, though, so thought I'd post it now while I have a spare minute at work (and while the boss is in town with a client) ;) :p

Enjoy! [face_devil]

Ant. ]-}

[b][u]Teaser Trailer # 1:[/u] [/b]

*the soft crescendos of twinkling strings and a lone flute play in the background as the glittering green of the Lucas Films logo appears on the screen, the quickly disappears in a flash of blinding white*

*from amongst the bright white comes a voice, loud, desperate and piercing*

?Anakin!?

*the white transforms into a brilliant flash of gold, followed by brief glimpses of various scenes, a single drum beat signalling the change of each scene flash, almost like a heartbeat*

[Opens with a trio of X-wings emerging from a ball of golden flames, the leader shooting straight forward and the other two curving to avoid a searing projectile.]

[Cuts to a Yuuzhan Vong coral skipper colliding with an X-wing and both explode on impact, scattering red-hot debris across the black of space.]

[Cuts to the face of Tesar Sebatyne, his reptilian mouth opened wide as if he were bellowing, his scaled hands clamped down firmly on the yoke of his fighter. The yoke and his hands jerk suddenly to the left.]

[Cuts to Zekk and Raynar running through the Myrkr forest, guns blazing at a shadow speeding close behind them.]

[Cuts to a mass of Yuuzhan Vong warriors charging a group of Jedi with lightsabers raised across their chests, a handful of cowering, crying children sheltered behind them.]

*the drum beating stops and there is silence*

Cal Omas: We cannot win this war.

*cue Imperial March*

[Cuts to Luke Skywalker, Cal Omas and a legion of political advisors striding through a brightly lit corridor in the offices on Mon Calamari, their faces set hard with concentration.]

[Cuts to Nen Yim bowing over a broken body at her feet and lashing out with a quick slice of a coufee.]

*the Imperial March cuts out to a low drone*

Luke: I will not consent to genocide.

Cal Omas: Then the galaxy will die.

*a loud, resonating boom sounds out, then the screen is bathed once more in pure white light*

*the soft strings and flute begin playing again like a whispered hum*

[b][color=firebrick][hl=silver]Holocaust[/hl] [/color] [/b]

[i][b][color=firebrick]a Jedi-Ant fiction[/color] [/b] [/i]

[b][color=firebrick]Coming to Beyond the Saga, September 1st 2007.[/color] [/b]

7. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    interesting promo. o_O
    anyway.... just wanted to say....INCLUDE JACEN!!!!!!! in your fic. :D

8. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    [Kurt_Voice] I'm Scared Loyd [/Kurt_Voice]

That is quite scary Ant...

9. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I'll get to replies tonight... I was going to do them last night, but had to spend it up at the hospital with my partner, who decided he felt like breaking his collarbone during a game of touch footy with the boys.

I've never heard of anyone getting injured at touch football before :p Hope he's okay.

*the soft crescendos of twinkling strings and a lone flute play in the background as the glittering green of the Lucas Films logo appears on the screen, the quickly disappears in a flash of blinding white*

Aww, even the trailer has beautiful descriptions :D

[Cuts to Zekk and Raynar running through the Myrkr forest, guns blazing at a shadow speeding close behind them.]

Interesting [face_thinking]

[Cuts to a mass of Yuuzhan Vong warriors charging a group of Jedi with lightsabers raised across their chests, a handful of cowering, crying children sheltered behind them.]

Still on Myrkr, I wonder?

Holocaust
    a Jedi-Ant fiction
    Coming to Beyond the Saga, September 1st 2007.

=D=

Wow! That was terrific :D Great descriptions! You created a lot of very vivid scenes there and left me with so many questions. Talks of genocide, Tesar in an X-Wing, which implies he gets off Myrkr :p Cal Omas seemingly in charge? :confused: And Nen Yim!

Can't wait for more teasers :D

10. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    The beginning of the replies...

YodaKenobi:

I don't like the sound of that

It?s the beginning of the end? [face_worried] Literally. :p

Wow, wonderful!

Thank you. [face_blush]

Holy smokes! Jaina's wrath is going to be aimed at Tahiri!

It certainly is! [face_devil]

Not that I can really blame her. This is kind of Tahiri's fault. Though Jacen was just as culpable for keeping information from everyone, and even more responsible for it all.

Yeah, Jacen is as much to blame as Tahiri, but he?s about to become mince meat, so it?s all on Tahiri now, unfortunately. :(

Still, I didn't see this coming. Jaina can fall to the dark side hell-bent on killing Tahiri!

If Jaina?s alive? [face_mischief]

I feel so bad for her

Me too? even if she wants to kill Tahiri.

But... *dances on Jacen's grave*

LOL! [face_laugh]

Then they'd both probably be dead too

Or they?d all be one big, Sith happy family?

It's hard to think Jaina's wrong here Tahiri did probably cost a lot of lives with her deceit, but obviously, revenge isn't the answer for a Jedi.

You?re right there. Tahiri did do a lot of bad things for the strike team ? not intentionally, mind you, but they were bad all the same. A lot of people died that could have possibly been spared without the recklessness of her and Jacen. :(

I think this is my favorite moment of the entire fic. Beautiful, Ant. It seems like a lot of people forget about the relationship between siblings in favor of more exciting relationships, but you've done a great job here.

Aww, thanks. [face_blush] :D I agree, the sibling relationships seem to be ignored a lot for more racy ones, and I really wanted to show how close they were, and how they both fed off each other?s strengths to balance out their weaknesses in such a time of need. I?m glad you enjoyed it, because this chapter, with all the interaction between Jaina and Anakin, was really my most favourite to write ? by far.

I'm sad to see that moment become this, but I guess it's inevitable

*nods*

He's mostly right. But will he be able to convince her...

Well, Jaina?s a stubborn one? but then again, so is Anakin? [face_thinking]

Oh Sith

Just when you thought it was plain sailing from here on out?

He's doing the right thing. I hope he gets through and they listen.

I guess you know now that he does get through? a very hard decision to make, staying behind like that. :(

So beautiful!

Thank you!

Wow! Wow! This is amazing, Ant. A perfect way to end this fic. This might be the best ending I've ever read on these boards

[face_blush] Wow, that?s very kind of you to say, thank you so much! [:D]

And you've certainly hooked me in for the sequel. I know Anakin and Jaina won't die, and I expect them to have a Traitor-esque experience in Yuuzhan Vong captivity with Vergere in Holocaust (nice title), but I guess I really don't know what to expect. It will be interesting to see what the galaxy looks like in light of these changes, what happens on Hapes after Coruscant falls, etc.

I?m glad you?re hooked and waiting for the sequel. :D It means the ending did its job :p

As for what to expect? expect anything and everything. ;) I just hope you?ll be surprised by the time the sequel comes around. :) Everyone?s got so many great theories.

Thanks so much for posting this wonderful story. It's been a joy to read and I'm so impressed with you as an author. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves for the rest of the series.

Aww.. thank you so much, Wes! :* It?s been a wonderful journey, and I?ve been so blessed just to be able to share this all with you. I?m so happy you got so much enjoyment out of this fic. Writing is my life and love, and I really can?t imagine ever doing anything else.

11. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    [Saves spot for more replies in a moment.]

[face_peace]

EDIT: Replies...

The rest of the replies to the final chapter and beyond?

Tahi:

I liked that bit - it harks back to that special bond between Jaina and Anakin that they've had since kids.

Thank you. :) The Anakin/Jaina relationship kind of gets ignored somewhat in fanfiction, in favour of Anahiri and Jaina/Jag/Kyp/Zekk? so I tried to put it in here, because it really is a special one.

Loved that image. I get the feeling that Anakin's "light" side is cleansing her of that darkness. I hope that's the case for her sake.

Thanks again. Yes, while she?s with Anakin, the darkness definitely doesn?t consume her in the same way. I wonder what would happen if Anakin wasn?t with her? [face_thinking]

But then I worry about Anakin becasue he really needs Tahiri's strength to bolster him. Which makes the cliffie even more of a cliffie.

Exactly. [face_devil] We all know that Tahiri can make it without Anakin (it was tough, but she did it), but the question remains? can Anakin survive without her? [face_thinking] All things to ponder before the sequel, I suppose.

Exciting ending - these Solos and their last stands! Looking forward to the continuation.

Thank you very much! It?s not long now!

Thanks so much for reading, and for the support, Tahi!!

Jedi_Scribe:

Author! Author!
    Wow. That was one heck of a poignant paragraph. Vivid wordplay and stunning visualization.

[face_blush] Thank you so much, Scribe! That?s a wonderful compliment! It made my day reading that, and I just smiled reading it again now. :)

This can?t be good, but I can totally see Jaina thinking this way right now.

You?re right, it?s not good. I?m glad you could see where Jaina was coming from, too.

Brilliant description of her emotions and the scene before her. It feels so?real.

Thank you! :D And you?re right to be worried? it?s not a good sign, is it?

Maybe, but this wasn?t about her, it was about Jacen; Tahiri was only doing what she thought was right based on knowledge of future events that Jaina does not have. If Jaina doesn?t just cut her head off, maybe Tahiri will be able to make her see reason. Not!

LOL! [face_laugh] You?re right there. It wasn?t all Tahiri?s fault, but I don?t expect Jaina to even bother listening to reason if she ever catches up with her. :(

Again, she only knows part of the truth, and she is jumping to conclusions based on assumptions and her own torment. It should be quite interesting to see how (or if?) this is resolved.

It will be interesting indeed. [face_devil] That is all I will say.

Oh, the irony. Jacen?s death may be a lot of things, but vain wasn?t one of them. In fact, as I?m surprised to admit, it was downright noble of him. Now that she realizes what she has done, let?s hope that she doesn?t turn into something even worse than he was going to be.

Maybe Anakin can save her?

Looks like her mind is made up. Maybe Anakin can snap her out if it? Depends how he feels about it himself.

Yeah, Anakin might be able to help her through it? unless he?s tied up elsewhere? And I?m sure you know by now, having read the cut scene of Anakin?s, just how he was feeling about it all?

I luv the way you are illustrating her thought process through all of this. It does wonders for establishing the credibility of her actions ? as she sees it anyway?

Thank you! [:D] I?m all for character development, and you?ve probably noticed I love playing with emotions, etc, so it?s really important for me to have you all in the character?s heads while they go through the tough choices like this.

*observes moment of silence for Jacen*
    What, no love (or even concern) for Alema? Maybe later?

There?s a reason for that, and it?s subtly weaved into the last

12. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Well, it's getting ever closer to the start of Holocaust, so I thought I'd celebrate another week closer with a new teaser trailer to ponder!! :D

This one's a little more ambiguous than the last, and has a few sneaky little surprises in there to get you all thinking. [face_devil]

Enjoy!

[b][u]Teaser Trailer # 2:[/b][/u]

*There is no music this time, only the intermittent beats of a single drum, pounding away each flashing scene*

[A flash of bright light cuts to the first scene, of a young Valin Horn lying in a large bed covered in white sheets. A girl in tattered robes with dirty blonde hair is at his side, clutching at one of his frigid hands.]

[Another flash, this time of Ganner Rhysode, standing tall on the command deck of a Star Destroyer, his determined gaze staring out to space.]

[Cuts to a scene of Zekk and Tenel Ka, huddled together in a tight crevasse and smiling shyly.]

[Another flash of light, followed by a frantic Jagged Fel in the cockpit of his clawcraft, punching at the control panel and pulling up hard on the stick.]

[Cuts to a scene of a small black ship hurtling towards the earth and exploding into a ball of liquid orange and gold flames upon impact.]

*The pace of the drum beats quicken, and the scenes flash by more quickly*

[Flash ? a battered Tsavong Lah, raising his amphistaff above his head and slicing down through organic armour.]

[Flash ? Han and Leia running through a smoky corridor with Ben Skywalker in their arms.]

[Flash ? Nen Yim bowing before the Supreme Overlord.]

[Flash ? a Yuuzhan Vong skip in the docking bay of a Star Destroyer, surrounded by a squadron of armed guards.]

[Flash ? a blue finger traces lightly over the newly-joined skin on Ganner Rhysode?s mechanical hand.]

[Flash ? Jacen Solo, gently cupping Tahiri?s chin in one hand as he wipes away a single tear.]

*The drum beats to a stop, and there is silence for a split second*

*Cutting through the silence, a lone violin plays one long, eerie string, piercing and scratchy*

*When the violin stops playing, a voice cuts into the stillness; deep and mysterious, yet definitely female*

Mysterious Woman: "The question is, dear girl... how far are you willing to go to save the people you love?"

[A flash of black robes, then nothing but the glow of red light, as the title, [b][color=firebrick]HOLOCAUST[/b][/color], appears in brick red text, golden flames lapping at the base.]

[The tagline appears on the screen after the title drifts away in the dark smoking cloud.]

"Trust no one."

[b]The journey begins, September 1st, 2007.

Expect the unexpected.[/b]

A Jedi-Ant Fiction.

[hr]

[b][color=darkblue]Remember, not everything is what it seems... [face_devil]

Looking forward to seeing you all in the new thread! :) I may have a few more sneak peeks to come before then, so stay tuned. [face_peace]

Ant.[/b][/color] [face_alien_2]

13. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    *jumps eagerly*

=D= awesome Ant :D =D=

and Zekk Tenel? o_O what did you not tell me :p

14. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    [face_devil]

Any more for me to beta?]-}

15. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    :eek: :cool: that's what i call a teaser trailer... especially that last scene.

looks like Holocaust is going to be a good one too =D=

16. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    [A flash of bright light cuts to the first scene, of a young Valin Horn lying in a large bed covered in white sheets. A girl in tattered robes with dirty blonde hair is at his side, clutching at one of his frigid hands.]
    [Another flash, this time of Ganner Rhysode, standing tall on the command deck of a Star Destroyer, his determined gaze staring out to space.]
    [Cuts to a scene of Zekk and Tenel Ka, huddled together in a tight crevasse and smiling shyly.]

o_O

I have no idea what to make of any of these :p

[Flash ? a battered Tsavong Lah, raising his amphistaff above his head and slicing down through organic armour.]

I hope he gets a better death than he did in DW.

[Flash ? a blue finger traces lightly over the newly-joined skin on Ganner Rhysode?s mechanical hand.]

Alema lived? :p

[Flash ? Jacen Solo, gently cupping Tahiri?s chin in one hand as he wipes away a single tear.]

Isn't he also supposed to be like dead and stuff? :confused:

Cool trailer :cool: I'm mostly confused, but enjoying it :p Hoping that stuff wasn't flashbacks ;)

Looking forward to the fic :D

17. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    :eek: Wow...cannot wait to see what happens...only two things worry me...

1. Jacen Alive?o_O
    2. Where's Anakin and Jaina?:confused:

Cannot wait...when's the release date again?[face_batting]

Doing a happy dance until then...[face_dancing]

EDIT: I have to tell you...just reading your trailer inspired me to go work on my stories somemore...that's high praise indeed...instant cure for DWB!!! Your stories get me all excited about Star Wars all over again...wish profic would take a couple of pointers from some of the writers around here...sigh..

18. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Some more replies, and then another little teaser for Holocaust?

Maggy:

you evil woman have killed them! killed! evil

LOL! [face_laugh] Yes, I?m evil ? I love it!

congrats for finishing your first 'fic

Thank you.

congrats to being "Best New Author"

[face_blush] Thank you again!

keep the sequel coming

I will (try, anyway)! :p

shush you
    it has it's advantages to get all in advance

Yes, it does, but you really have been an enormous help to me, so thank you. :*

superb work, Ant

Thanks, dear!

and my pm box is always open

Hehe.. ;) Thank you.

shahid_chestro:

interesting promo.
    anyway.... just wanted to say....INCLUDE JACEN!!!!!!! in your fic.

Thanks. :) And as for Jacen, you?ll have to wait and see. ;)

PHGS_Weyr:

[Kurt_Voice] I'm Scared Loyd [/Kurt_Voice]

That is quite scary Ant...

LOL! [face_laugh] I loved the little voice ? and yes, it is a little scary, isn?t it? Expect Holocaust to be a lot darker than Sacrifice was [face_devil]

YodaKenobi:

I've never heard of anyone getting injured at touch football before Hope he's okay.

Thanks. He?s fine, really. He has to keep his arm in a sling for 6 weeks, and is going back to the fracture clinic this week to see if they need to operate and break it again and put a pin in it. :rolleyes: He always manages to find a way to get hurt in even the most gentle of sports. 8-}

Aww, even the trailer has beautiful descriptions

[face_blush] Thanks.

Interesting

[face_mischief]

Still on Myrkr, I wonder?

We do see Myrkr again, yes..

Wow! That was terrific Great descriptions! You created a lot of very vivid scenes there and left me with so many questions. Talks of genocide, Tesar in an X-Wing, which implies he gets off Myrkr Cal Omas seemingly in charge? And Nen Yim!

Can't wait for more teasers

Thank you, I?m glad you enjoyed the first teaser. I?ve never done one before, so it was kind of difficult to decide which bits to put in without ruining my surprises.

Thanks for your interest in the sequel. :D

Maggy:

*jumps eagerly*

awesome Ant

and Zekk Tenel? what did you not tell me

LOL! [face_shhh] Did I forget to mention them to you? o_O Oops.

Glad you?re excited, thanks for the interest and support. [:D]

G__Anakin:

Any more for me to beta?

Soon? more coming to you soon?

saber_death:

that's what i call a teaser trailer... especially that last scene.

looks like Holocaust is going to be a good one too

Aww, thanks, I sure hope so! :D Thanks for your interest.

YodaKenobi:

I have no idea what to make of any of these

Good. [face_mischief] :p

I hope he gets a better death than he did in DW.

What makes you think he gets a death scene in this one? o_O

Alema lived?

Erm, not telling [face_whistling] ;)

Isn't he also supposed to be like dead and stuff?

Yes, he?s dead. That?s all I?m saying.

? Oh, and that scene there wasn?t a flashback scene, and he?s dead. [face_mischief] Read into that what you will ;)

Cool trailer I'm mostly confused, but enjoying it Hoping that stuff wasn't flashbacks

Looking forward to the fic

It wasn?t. None of that were flashbacks, I can tell you that much now. And I?m glad you?re confused? wouldn?t want you catching on before the fic has even started. :p

star_writer24:

Wow...cannot wait to see what happens...only two things worry me...

1. Jacen A

19. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    And now, it's time to reveal the official cover for Holocaust!!! I've had this done for about a week now, and really had to restrain myself from posting it straight away. :p

[image=http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s318/iamtheant/Holocaust-CoverKopie.jpg]

I hope you all like it. :) Thanks to Maggy for checking the finished product for me. [:D]

Ant. ]-}

20. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
  21. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks, glad you like it. :)

22. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    [face_blush] [:D] :*

great you posted the cover
    it really worked out perfectly =D=

23. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Aww, thanks. :D :*

24. Jedi_Scribe

Jedi_Scribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    Trust No One

Awesome cover, Ant =D=

Cue dramatic score music...

Can't wait for Holocaust to begin...:cool:

25. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007

Thanks, mate. :D Glad you like the cover, and that you're excited for the beginning. :)

Which reminds me... Holocaust starts this Saturday, folks! [face_dancing] Only three more sleeps to go!! ;)

Ant. ]-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.