Beyond Sacrifice: A Tahiri/Jacen/Anakin Fic *LOTF/NJO Era AU* Sequel Cover is Up 08/26/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Darth_Vastor Jedi Master

star 1
    Okay, I put off my review of the last chapter of your magnificent story for far too long, to the point where the sequel starts in three days! I really have no excuse, but after closing out the story so well and setting a great stage for the sequel, you deserve all due credit!

The feeling inside Jaina?s heart matched that of the dazzling display in front of her: each tiny crevasse in her petite frame alive with the red-hot fury of pain, loss, and revenge. This was her fault - Tahiri?s. The little blonde girl who?d spent so much of her life being treated like an extension of the Solo family had betrayed them all, giving up Jacen?s life to save her own.

And now he was dead, her twin brother?s body lost somewhere in the blaze that had already consumed most of the grashal by the time she?d made it over the last hill. She?d heard the reverberating boom from the thermal detonators as she?d raced over the rugged ground; felt the short stab of pain that had clutched at her heart as Jacen?s life was taken from him, and the overwhelming hollowness that had followed thereafter. Jaina had heard, as she?d thrown herself over the crest of the hill in desperation, the gut-wrenching scream that had escaped her lips, the strings of profanity that had pursued, and then the echoing sound of her own strangled cries as she sobbed, hysterically, into the dead of the evening.

Wow ... that really conveys the magnitude and the raw emotion of Jaina's loss. Metaphorically, she's just had half of herself ripped away. That kind of loss is not easy to convey, but you did a great job.

And her anger at Tahiri ... justified, but undeniably savage.

His voice broke off sharply then, and an agonized sound met her ears. Jaina drew out of his embrace, whipping around so that her face was now inches from his. The first thing she noticed was the painful scrunching of his brow, his eyes creased to almost nonexistent slits, and his mouth contorted in some sort of cruel smirk. She?d never seen her little brother cry like this in all her life; never seen him so distressed in all his seventeen years of existence.

Jaina stretched out a hand and patted his back soothingly, the loving gesture seeming to bring back his resolve. Clearing his throat, he finished the sentence from before, somewhat meekly. ?H-he died to save? me.?

At least Anakin understands and has come to grips with the terms of Jacen's sacrifice. Given the way his brother suffered for him, this feels like a kind of vindication of everything Jacen did.

?It?s too late for us.?

The words echoed around Jaina?s mind as she struggled to come to terms with what they actually meant. Too late. It?s too late.

For us.

Wow ... that takes some serious resolve to comprehend. Jacen sacrificed himself to save his family, and now they must sacrifice themselves to save the others in turn ...

?I knew I could count on you, Ganner. Promise me you?ll take care of them all??

?I promise. We?ll come back for you, you know. ?

Anakin nodded and swallowed thickly, the lump of emotion traveling down his throat and into the pit of his stomach, a place Jaina knew from past experience was much easier to manage pain than anywhere else. On impulse, she leant her own face towards the small device in her brother?s hand and whispered something she wasn?t even sure Ganner would be able to hear.

?Tell mum and dad we?re sorry.?

I had forgotten for a moment about Han and Leia. Words can't even begin to describe the devestation that awaits them. I can't see how they will ever be able to live this down.

Her brother?s statement was so clear and concise that you wouldn?t have known he?d been crying so violently only seconds before. She flashed him a small grin in return, one that always reminded her so very much of her father whenever she bestowed it upon someone. Anakin must have thought the same thing, as he smiled back, taking her free hand in his for what was probably the last time, and clutching it like he was never letting go.

And then they t
  2. SithGirl132 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi! Just thought I'd drop in and say your cover is amazing! I will have to read both Sacrifice and Holocaust when it is up. Looks great!
  3. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Wow, great cover art! :eek: You've definitely got some photoshopping skills =D= I love it!
  4. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Darth_Vastor:

*reply to be inserted here after I finish work*

EDIT:

Okay, I put off my review of the last chapter of your magnificent story for far too long, to the point where the sequel starts in three days! I really have no excuse, but after closing out the story so well and setting a great stage for the sequel, you deserve all due credit!

Aww, thanks. [:D] But I don?t mind waiting, really. I?m just glad you read and enjoyed the post. :)

Wow ... that really conveys the magnitude and the raw emotion of Jaina's loss. Metaphorically, she's just had half of herself ripped away. That kind of loss is not easy to convey, but you did a great job.

[face_blush] Thank you very much! :D I actually had a lot of fun getting into Jaina?s head in this one, so I?m glad it worked so well for you.

And her anger at Tahiri ... justified, but undeniably savage.

*nods*

Very savage indeed. :(

At least Anakin understands and has come to grips with the terms of Jacen's sacrifice. Given the way his brother suffered for him, this feels like a kind of vindication of everything Jacen did.

Yeah, Anakin?s always been a lot more grounded than his sister, I think, at least in the emotional stakes, so if anyone could understand Jacen?s sacrifice, I think it would be him.

Wow ... that takes some serious resolve to comprehend. Jacen sacrificed himself to save his family, and now they must sacrifice themselves to save the others in turn ...

Ironic, and also very sad. :(

I had forgotten for a moment about Han and Leia. Words can't even begin to describe the devestation that awaits them. I can't see how they will ever be able to live this down.

Yeah, Han and Leia were always at the back of my mind during the writing of this story (particularly the Myrkr scenes), because I knew at the start how it was all going to end, and just felt so, so bad for them. :( Losing Anakin in the original mission was bad enough, but all three kids not coming home? That?s gotta be the worst thing, and I agree, something they?ll never, ever get over. It could even be their breaking, and I?m going to have a big challenge in conveying their feelings in the scenes coming up in the sequel.

What an amazing ending! I have to say that I never suspected that all three Solos would sacrifice themselves. This was a complete surpise, one whichleft me staring enthralled at the last few words, picturing the two beacons of light standing against the onrushing tide of darkness sweeping in to consume them. I love that you weren't afriad to go for the shock factor - it all added up to one of the most powerful endings I've ever read.

Wow :eek: [face_blush] Thank you very, very much, that is quite a compliment!! [:D] I really wanted to go out with a bang, and I have to admit, I was a little wary of ending the fic this way, particularly because of the possible backlash of having all three Solos essentially ?die?. But I?m so glad you could appreciate the shock of it all, and I?m ecstatic that you enjoyed this all so much! :D

It seems, at least for now, that the death of Anakin Solo was meant to be all along.

Assuming he?s really dead.. [face_shhh]

This was a great story, Jedi-Ant, the best Legacy of the Force era story that I've read so far and one of my favorite stories on these boards.

Aww, thanks, mate! [:D] I?m truly so happy you?ve enjoyed the journey so much!! Writing is such a joy, and giving others entertainment really makes me so happy. :)

You're a truly gifted writer, beyond deserving of the recognition you have received from so many. I can't wait for the sequel: if the title and the starting point are anything to go by, it will be very, very dark.

Thank you again so much! :* All of your lovely words have made me blush [face_blush]

I?m glad you?re excited for the sequel, and yes, it will be dark ? a lot dar
  5. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a quick post to let all of the old Sacrifice readers and lurkers know that I've now got the sequel thread up and running! [face_dancing]

If you'd like to read more, click here.

Thanks so much for all of your support over the duration of this fic, guys! [:D] I hope you all enjoy the new journey even more than the last! :D

Ant. ]-}
  6. BrentusofGath Jedi Master

star 4
    Five months is a long time, but I'm here. :p

They were toying with him, because this was the first time in a long while that they'd had any prey to play with.

They're stupid. The Dark Side must cut brain power in half while it increases Force power. :p

Now, they'd continue to use those weaknesses against him until he couldn't take anymore.

Yay! Go Dark Jedi!

the electric fire coursing through her body and frying her from the inside out.

Ah well, there'll be more Dark Jedi where they came from.

Ganner's breath caught in his throat at the sight of Jaina Solo, his comrade, using such a dark technique to kill another, without the hint of remorse in her eyes.

And I see one, right now. ;)

The Twi'lek slammed into the remaining section of the protective thorn hedge, crying out in agony as the razor-sharp spikes penetrated her perfectly toned dancer's physique.

:_| and I'll cry too for the demise of such a beauty.

Chapter 35

All Jaina could do was stand and stare as the mighty wall of golden flames rose high into the air through the nonexistent roof of the voxyn grashal, the molten yellow of the twisting tongues turning a vivid scarlet as they collided with the intensity of the setting sun, casting an eerie, fiery glow over the surrounding landscape. The darkening trunks of the trees bordering the smouldering thorn hedge illuminated in a sudden flash of amber light, the shadows cast from their overhanging branches dancing wildly over the hard earth with each sporadic flicker of fire.

Beautiful opening paragraph! =D=

Yet Jaina would not believe that Jacen had been destined to die here today. She knew, deep inside her twisted mind, now filled with anger and unrestrained aguish, that if she and Anakin hadn't stayed so long at the Flier, if they'd just left instead of listening to Tahiri's tales of treachery, then they would have arrived in time.

Such unabased arrogance, lol. I love it!

She wanted revenge; she needed revenge.

But revenge she shall not have. :(

=D= =D= Marvelous ending my friend! Simply marvelous!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.