main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sacrifice: A Tahiri/Jacen/Anakin Fic *LOTF/NJO Era AU* Sequel Cover is Up 08/26/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Yes, Kyle's character in my fic isn't a very good one... [face_mischief]

"all losers like that should die"

Does that include Jacen by any chance???
    ;)

2. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    This is the last update of the day....

Chapter 11: Eliminate the Solo Threat.

Tesar Sebatyne?s forked reptilian tongue tasted the air, as he and the Gamma Squadron took apart the deserted Corellian war room.

?The Rebelz sure knew what they were doing,? Tesar thought. They might have left in a rush, but the place was clean; all their data was gone. Where they?d taken the documents, Tesar didn?t know, but what he did know was that continuing to search here was pointless, and a waste of his skill.

?Gammaz,? Tesar rasped, ?There is nothing here for uz to find. Thiz one thinkz we should destroy their equipment and knock out all communicationz, and then re-group with the Betaz. Thiz one will contact Commander Katarn now and find out where he iz.?

The Gammas saluted their leader, and Tesar broke away from the group as they began blasting terminals, to connect with the old Jedi through the force.

He didn?t get a reading on Kyle straight away, so Tesar closed his beady eyes and concentrated harder on trying to establish a connection.

He got one ? it was weak; Kyle was somewhere on the outskirts of the capital, possibly near the shipping yards, while Tesar and the Gammas were in the Government sector, a fair distance away.

Kyle felt Tesar?s presence in his mind and strengthened their force-connection briefly. He was in the main docking bay, next to the shipping yards, and was in a vicious lightsaber duel with Leia Organa Solo.

Kyle was in trouble. He?d lost the majority of his squadron when their transport had crashed, and the Rebels had just killed his remaining soldiers.

Tesar ordered the Gammas out of the war room, throwing in a few thermal detonators, before shutting the door behind them.

There was a resounding *boom* as the thermals exploded, and the squadron sprinted out of the building as fast as they could.

?Are we re-grouping with the Betas?? one of the soldiers asked.

?No,? Tesar hissed, ?The Betaz are gone. Thiz one iz going to help Master Katarn. He iz having a little trouble with the Soloz.?

As the squadron piled into the landspeeders they had stolen earlier, a middle-aged GAG named Ritter grabbed Tesar?s scaly arm and pulled him to the back of the group.

?The Solos?? Ritter asked in a low voice, his eyes narrowed. ?Aren?t you forgetting what Lord Solo said, sir??

Tesar pulled his arm out of Ritter?s firm grasp and eyeballed him fiercely. ?Thiz one rememberz what Lord Solo said, soldier!? he rasped, ?But Lord Solo is busy, and the Betaz have failed. It iz thiz one?z duty as a GAG commander to take over their mission, and if that meanz eliminating the Solo threat, than thiz one will have no choice but to do it!?

Ritter saluted Tesar. ?I understand, sir. Are you going to let Lord Solo know about this??

Tesar climbed in the land speeder after Ritter and ordered the squadron to head to the docking bay. ?Thiz one will tell him when thiz one knowz the whole situation.? Tesar replied darkly.

Ritter nodded and said nothing. It would not be wise to disagree with his commander again. Besides, if something went wrong, the mistake would be on the Jedi?s head; all the soldiers would be doing was following orders.

It was what they were trained to do, after all.

--------------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoy the little updates!!! There will be more in a couple of days!!!

Thanks for reading!

Ant.
    ]-}

3. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Ritter nodded and said nothing. It would not be wise to disagree with his commander again. Besides, if something went wrong, the mistake would be on the Jedi?s head; all the soldiers would be doing was following orders.

Do I detect something similar to a numeric valued order we saw in RotS? :confused:

Loved the double update and thanks for the PM! [:D]

4. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Nice update! :)

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003

But if he knows it's contradicting something Jacen said, I wouldn't count on him to be all that forgiving o_O We've seen how Jacen Solo treats his underlings.

Good post, Ant :D I wonder how Leia and co. will handle it if these reinforcements arrived before she's dispatched Kyl [face_thinking] Can't wait to find out :D

6. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Hmmm.... [face_mischief]

No problem about the PM...glad you liked the updates!!!

Thanks, Aiel!
    [:D]

Thanks, Courtney! @};-

Yes, you're right...Jacen is a bit harsh...I guess its a little wishful thinking on Ritter's part...if he disobeys Tesar he'll be in trouble, yet if he does something Jacen won't like he'll be in trouble...he's damned either way, really...

...or before Kyle dispatches Leia, you mean...
    [face_mischief]

Thanks for the comments, guys, I'm glad you liked it!!!

------------

Here's a little teaser for all you Anakin Solo fans out there who are desperately waiting for his time in the sun in this fic....keep holding your breath....he appears in chapter 19, and then continues through the rest of the fic!!! I'm not going to say how, though!!!
    ;)

Ant. ]-}

7. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Found your story today. Very interesting twists and turns here - Tahiri, Tesar AND Kyle?? Wow - Jacen sure has been busy. At least Ben has come to his senses. Great plot flow, too. I can't wait for more!

Can you PM me please?
    thanks,
    Telanna'tani

8. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thank you Telanna! [face_blush]

Yes, Jacen's one busy, evil man...and I'm glad that Ben's seen the light...I like him. :p

I'll add you to the PM list! [:D]

Thanks for reading!

Ant.
    ]-}

9. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Great update Ant. Somehow I don't think the lightsaber battle is gonna end in Kyle's favor.

Kyle's an idiot, doesn't he realize that it's not a good thing to get into a saber fight the the Jedi Grand Master's sister. *shakes head* If you ask me it seems like the Sith Kyle is being really stupid. I also can't decide whether I should like him or not.

As for Tesar, I hope that he doesn't get on Jacen's bad side for disobeying orders.

Can't wait to see what you do with this Ant. Great job!

Armada

10. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Yes...if it's one thing I've learnt on the Sith from watching RotS, it's that they're not exactly the most intelligent of force-beings...look at all the stupid mistakes Anakin Skywalker made...jumping up that enbankment and getting his legs chopped off and all... *shakes head*

As for Tesar, I'm sure Jacen won't have much time for getting up him just yet...for some reason, I really like Tesar (in the books)...I'm not really sure why...
    [face_thinking]

Thanks for the comments, Armada! I'm glad you're liking it so far! [:D]

Ant. ]-}

11. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I like Tesar too. He is one of the few aliens I like! Saba too!

Hey, Ant, do you think you could sneak Saba into the story

12. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Hmmm...not in this one, but I am working on the sequel to Sacrifice right now, and she's already made an appearance in that! :D

And she's also in another fic I'm working on, which is an even darker fic than Sacrifice (it will be awhile before that one hits the boards...it's kind of a marathon, and I'm not going to post until I'm sure it's exactly to my liking.)

So, not to worry...plenty of Saba coming up!!!

*I like her, too!!*

13. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    She is a great character! She is one of the few things that make Dark Nest worth reading!

Darker than sacrifice[face_worried]

14. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007

Yes..she is about one of the only good things about DN...although I did like the funnies with Ben & his parents, when he was 'eating' all those cans of gelmeat...LOL! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thanks for another wonderful beta, my friend....

Here's another update!!!

---------------------------

Chapter 12: See You Soon.

The remaining Alpha and Delta soldiers had met quite a bit of resistance as they?d entered the shipyards. Despite their lack of preparation, the Rebels were putting up quite a fight. Jacen could only imagine how much harder it would have been if he?d told Ben Skywalker about their ground assault, and the Rebels had been ready for them. He thanked the force that he?d had the sense to keep that part of the plan a secret.

He looked around at the two squadrons, which had been forced to join together after their transports had crash-landed on the planet, killing two thirds of the soldiers on impact. They were winning right now, but the Rebels were slowly wearing them down. In the scheme of things, this was only a minor skirmish, and once the Hapans and Bothans joined the fight, things were going to get a lot tougher for the Alliance.

Jacen knew that none of the soldiers fighting beside him would make it home, but that was ok; that was the sacrifice you made for galactic peace.

He stole a glance at Tahiri Veila, who was cutting down rebel after rebel with her crimson blade, like a hot knife through butter. Lumiya had once said that Tahiri was not committed enough to be his apprentice; that she would not serve him in the way he required. But Lumiya had been wrong. Tahiri Veila was an asset to him; an asset to the Sith, and an asset to the Alliance.

?I really must remember to thank my Uncle for bringing her to me,? Jacen thought, smirking. After all, if it hadn?t been for Luke banishing Tahiri from the Jedi Order, she would probably be fighting against him right now.

When she?d come to him a few years ago, alone and with no where to go, Jacen couldn?t turn her away. He knew in his heart that she would be loyal to him; and here she was, fighting valiantly along side him, while Ben Skywalker was not.

Lumiya had been wrong about him as well. It was a good thing he?d disposed of her. Lumiya had been wrong about everything.

A blaster bolt grazed his cheek, bringing his mind back to the present. He flung his lightsaber in the direction the shot came from, making sure it wouldn?t happen again.

Tahiri clapped him on the shoulder, pulled her face inches from his and yelled over the roar of the battle, ?Focus, Jacen! You?re gonna get yourself killed out here!?

Jacen opened his mouth to respond, but stopped as he received a message from Tesar through the force. Tahiri kicked a rebel who had attempted to charge the line of GAG soldiers, and brought the hilt of her lightsaber across the back of his neck with a crack.

?Trouble?? she panted, pounding another rebel with a myriad of blaster fire. He nodded as he retrieved his lightsaber from another rebel?s broken torso, and cut down a soldier about to fire at Tahiri?s back. ?You could say that,? he replied.

?I can hold this, if you wanna check it out?? Tahiri offered.

Jacen shook his head and smacked down a rebel with his closed fist. Another two GAG?s had just been shot down. They were tiring quickly now, and had started dropping like Dagobah swamp flies in a summer heat wave.

?You go,? Jacen said, the firmness in his voice telling Tahiri it was more of an order than a request.

?Ok,? she agreed. ?Are you going to be ok with this lot?? She pointed to the band of rebel soldiers with her crimson blade, cutting down another in the process.

Jacen threw her a lop-sided grin, and for a split second Tahiri thought she could see Anakin looking out through his hazel eyes.

?No sweat! I?ll be right behind yo

15. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    They changed the crystals... They always change the crystals...

No Jacen! what have you done?! (Regarding Lumiya).
    :_|

16. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    My god
    u used A/Ts last lines from Star by Star
    :eek:

17. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Yup! Red all the way!!!

You're a fan of Lumiya?? Don't despair...look at the monster she has created!!!
    ;)

Afraid so, darth dragon!!!
    :p

It was on purpose...there's a reason behind those words, so I hope I've shown that in later updates...
    [face_praying]

Thanks for reading!

Ant.
    ]-}

18. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Jacen threw her a lop-sided grin, and for a split second Tahiri thought she could see Anakin looking out through his hazel eyes.

I wouldn't see that if I were you, Tahiri. But then again that's just the opinion of me and, oh, a few other million people. [face_mischief]

Nice update and thanks for the PM! :)

19. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

:_| I miss Anakin. :_|

Anyways, great chapter!
    I really liked this one! =D=

C @};- S

20. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    I'm diggin' this story!

I'm a big fan of the concept of Tahiri becoming Jacen's Sith apprentice. It seems so natural to me that the Jedi would eventually chase her into Jacen's arms. So to speak anyway.

The only thing I like more is Jacen and Tahiri romantically involved.

I'm dying to find out why the Hapans have sided with the foes of Lord Solo, and more specifically why Tenel Ka has not been significantly mentioned. It was always 'the Hapans' where going to drop out of hyperspace, 'the Hapans' would help with this or that. No mention of their queen...sort of makes me wonder if something has Hapan'd to the Queen...get it?

please add me to the PM list if you have one.

Preggers

21. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Great chapter.

Yeah, the Sith always seem to lose themselves, or at least pieces of themselves. Hmm. . . I hope Tahiri doesn't get into too much trouble in the next chapter. 'Course she seems like the only Sith with a brain so far. Maybe the Vong shaping actually did her some good. . .

Can't wait to read more.

Armada

22. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Me included (in the other million people)?Tahiri belongs with Anakin!!!

I?m glad you liked the update?and evil twist is coming along very soon now?only 6 more chapters to go until Anakin is back!!! Yay! [face_dancing]

I miss him, too! :_| That?s why I?m always on your threads, as you always have him alive and kicking (and with Tahiri!) [face_love]

I?m glad you liked this chappie?it was one of my favourites to write?everything just flowed!

Yay! A new reader! I?ll add you to the PM list! [:D] [face_dancing]

I really like Tahiri as a Sith as well, especially as Jacen?s Sith?the concept just works so well, and I feel that this is the direction the books will probably take, given Jacen?s mention of her to assist him in Tempest?

As for Jacen and Tahiri romantically involved?it works for me sometimes, but that?s only if Anakin hasn?t come back from the dead, or if Valin?s unavailable. ;)

Regarding the Hapans?actually, first I?ll answer the Tenel Ka question?

Tenel Ka is of course ?no longer with us??*sigh*?such a tragedy!! Well, not really?the only reason she?s not in the story is because I?m not much of a Tenel Ka fan?and the fic just seemed to flow better if she was dead! I should probably try and fit that in somewhere, but it?s not really going to affect how the story ends.

The Queen being dead is kind of why the Hapans are now with the Rebels?in Tempest there are quite a number of Hapans who don?t support their ?Pro-Alliance? Queen, and with Tenel Ka now gone, they can obviously join the Rebels?so that?s my reasoning behind TK and the Hapans?I hope that helps, without being too confusing. 8-}

*I liked your little joke! [face_laugh]

Thanks for reading everyone!

Ant. ]-}

23. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Sorry, Armada...you must have been commenting at the same time as me! :p

I hope Tahiri doesn?t get into too much trouble as well?but, you know trouble?always creeping up around the corner!!! ;) [face_worried]

I think to think the Vong shaping did her some good?she?s gotta get something out of all that pain and suffering, right? [face_thinking]

I?m glad you enjoyed this chappie?I hope they continue to be of enjoyment to you! [:D]

Ant.
    ]-}

24. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    ?I really must remember to thank my Uncle for bringing her to me,? Jacen thought, smirking. After all, if it hadn?t been for Luke banishing Tahiri from the Jedi Order, she would probably be fighting against him right now.

That's interesting. I wonder what got her banished. Tahiri suspected Jacen was manipulating the war and made up his vision during The Swarm War. I got the feeling she no longer trusted him [face_thinking]

?No sweat! I?ll be right behind you,? he assured her, sending a swarm of green force-lightening into the front of the rebel ranks.
    ?See you soon, then,? she told him, clearing a path through the enemy soldiers, her crimson blade blazing.
    Jacen grinned again, and sent his reply through the force to Tahiri?s retreating back. ?Soon.?

Ahh, the echos of Star by Star ;) Sort of makes me sick with Jacen involved [face_sick]

Another good post, Ant :)

25. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Hmmm...I always thought that Tahiri was on Jacen?s side?the part where Luke and Mara found out Jacen had her spying on Lowie & Tesar, when Jacen said that he & Tahiri still talked, and sometimes their names came up? I always find the part funny!!! [face_laugh]

As for why Tahiri got banished?I feel I am going to have to post a few fill-in interludes up, to explain everything that?s gone on?Tahiri?s banishment, Tenel Ka?s death, why Kyle is so not Kyle anymore?

Bear with me, though, as it may take awhile?

Ah, yes, Star by Star?*sighs*?Jacen & Tahiri have a special relationship? ;)

Thanks for reading, Yobie!!! [:D]

-------------

And I do promise a few back-story viggies to help tie in things a little more!!!

Ant.
    ]-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.