main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sacrifice: A Tahiri/Jacen/Anakin Fic *LOTF/NJO Era AU* Sequel Cover is Up 08/26/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks, Courtney! [:D] It's all starting to fall together now...

He's one of my favourites, as well...but he had to die, I'm afraid...for the greater good...

Yes, she did...but whose is it, I wonder... [face_thinking]
    Hold that thought...you're probably right...I'm pretty predictable.

Thank you, Armada! Glad you enjoyed it!

Awww...not a Jacen fan, I take it??
    :p

No worries with the PM! Glad you enjoyed the update, Aiel!

Poor Han! :_|

I'm sure he'll find Leia soon...or part of her, anyway...
    ;)

I think you might be right... *checks horizon* ...it's closer than I thought... ;)

---

Thanks for the comments, guys!!

[face_love] ya!

Ant.
    ]-}

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Gah, sorry I'm falling behind :( [face_blush]

Leia evaded the attack easily, jumping back on her right leg and driving her emerald blade along the length of Kyle?s leg. The smell of scorched flesh wafted around the interior of the ship. Kyle?s gold blade fell from his grasp as he clutched his burning leg, roaring in agony.

No way! :eek: Kyle Katarn eats lightsaber scorches for breakfast!

Kyle pulled a thermal detonator from beneath his armored vest and held it up for Leia to see. ?It?s been a pleasure, Leia Organa Solo,? Kyle said. ?May the force be with us both.?
    He flicked the switch. The last thing Leia saw before the bomb detonated was the smirk plastered across Kyle Katarn?s face.
    And then everything went black.

You did not just kill Leia! :eek:

An amazing lightsaber duel, Ant :D Very exciting. You've got a knack for writing action.

Wedge put a comforting hand on his friend?s shoulder. ?There was nothing you could have done, Han. Besides, you can?t give up yet, we?ve barely scratched the surface with this.? He gestured toward the wreckage of the Falcon.
    ?I know,? Han replied, his voice rising slightly, ?that?s my point. Look at it! No one could survive that!?

Leia can. She's a Solo and a Skywalker. That gives her uber luck.

Han leapt up and ran over to where Wedge was standing, the colour appearing back in his face. ?Did you find Leia? Is she ok?? he asked.
    Wedge put a hand across his old friend?s shoulders to calm him down. ?I don?t know yet, Han. I don?t even know who it is; but someone is alive under there.?
    Han?s expression turned dark. ?Then let?s find out who it is.?

I have hope [face_praying]

Tahiri sprinted down the corridor as fast as she could, telling Tesar she was coming, and that everything was going to be ok. She thrust herself through the open hatchway and ignited her lightsaber, ready to jump into combat.
    But Tesar wasn?t there; and neither was Ben.
    While Tahiri realized that the anguish she?d felt in the force before wasn?t the Barabel?s, the real Tesar slipped away into the darkness.

What the... [face_thinking]

Some great posts, Ant =D= I really loved all the action in it :D This story has become extremely exciting. I hope Han finds Leia and she's all right [face_worried]

Can't wait for the next post :)

3. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Yobie:

Gah, sorry I'm falling behind

That's ok! [:D]

No way! Kyle Katarn eats lightsaber scorches for breakfast!

Hehe...not any more I guess... [face_mischief]

You did not just kill Leia!

;) [face_shhh]

An amazing lightsaber duel, Ant. Very exciting. You've got a knack for writing action.

[face_blush] Gee, thanks, Yobie!!! [face_blush] That's very kind of you to say. :)
    I was actually a little worried about my action scenes...they're tough to write.

Leia can. She's a Solo and a Skywalker. That gives her uber luck.

Yup! :D It sure does! But has her luck run out?? [face_mischief]

I have hope

Me, too!

What the...

Hehe...did I get you with that one?!? [face_mischief]

Some great posts, Ant

Thankyou. Glad you enjoyed them! [:D]

I really loved all the action in it. This story has become extremely exciting.

Thanks again! You're too kind! [face_blush]

I hope Han finds Leia and she's all right.

Me too...I like Han and Leia, they are awesome!
    :D

Can't wait for the next post

[face_love] Thanks! Hopefully it won't be too long before the next post...maybe Sunday or Monday if I get around to fixing it up! :D

4. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    I have updated the Sacrifice back-story thread, Thirst For Revenge, with Tesar Sebatyne's back-story!!!

Three down...quite a number to go...

I'm working on Kyle Katarn's back-story now, so that should be ready by the end of the week, or early next week, if DRL takes hold again! :p

The next post for Sacrifice should be ready in the next day or so (or today, if I pull my finger out of my bum)! I just have a few more little changes to make before I send it off to be beta-ed.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Ant.
    ]-}

5. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter 15: You Will Always Be Family To Us.

?Anakin would be ashamed of you!?

The words had come from Leia Organa Solo, who was being held up in her husband, Han?s arms. Tahiri had never heard the woman speak with so much malice before. It was heartbreaking to think that there was a time when she used to think of them as her family.

?You will always be family to us.?

Tahiri took a step back from the Solos and their small band of rebels, unsure if Leia had planted the memory in her mind, or if she had done it herself.

Both Han and Leia were looking Tahiri up and down in disgust. She noted that they were probably eyeing her GAG uniform, and the insignia above her left breast which stated that she was an Alliance Commander.

?If you?re going to kill us, you might as well get it over with,? Han remarked sarcastically.

Tahiri eyed him with contempt. ?It?s not my job to kill you.?

?Oh, well then please let us know whose job it is, and we?ll go and hassle them then,? Han sniggered.

?It?s so good that you feel that way, Han, because I?m afraid you?re all coming with me,? she replied.

?And what if we refuse?? Han asked, shifting Leia to Wedge and stepping toward Tahiri in a challenging manner. ?You said so yourself; it?s not your job to kill us.?

?Han, don?t!? Leia cried, her face contorted with pain as she spoke.

Han turned to give his wife a reassuring grin, and when he spun back to Tahiri, her face was centimeters from his.

?I said I wouldn?t kill you,? she said, tracing lightly over Han?s jacket with the tip of her lightsaber blade, ?but I never said I wouldn?t hurt you.?

Leia broke free from Wedge?s grasp and began to limp over to where Tahiri and Han were facing off. ?Would you listen to yourself, Tahiri,? she pleaded, ?You?re beginning to sound just like Jacen!?

Tahiri pulled her crimson blade away from Han?s scorched fabric and pointed it under Leia?s chin. ?I am just like Jacen!? she fumed, her emerald eyes ablaze with fury.

Leia sighed and shook her head. Tahiri was surprised to find that she was genuinely upset. She lowered her blade a fraction, and looked Leia straight in the eye. ?You don?t understand; I have to take you to him.?

?To Jacen?? Leia asked.

Tahiri nodded. ?I?m sorry,? she whispered. Regaining her composure, she waved her lightsaber in the direction of Wedge and the Corellians. ?If you don?t cooperate, I?m going to have to hurt your friends.?

Leia nodded, her brown eyes brimming with tears. ?I understand. We?ll go quietly, so long as you leave our friends alone.?

?Your friends are not the ones Jacen wants. I won?t harm them,? Tahiri promised. She motioned toward the open hatchway.

Leia turned to Wedge, who was shaking with emotion. ?Tell Jaina we love her.?

Tahiri turned away slightly as a tear rolled down her cheek. She brushed it away angrily. ?Why is this so difficult?? she asked herself.

Han walked over and joined his wife, grabbing her hand tightly. If this was how it had to end, he was glad that they were together.

?In a way, it?s lucky that Anakin is no longer with us,? Leia began. Tahiri eyed her suspiciously, wondering where she was going with this. ?It would have killed him to see you turn out like this.?

A memory flashed through Tahiri?s mind then, of a time even before she and Anakin had realized they were in love.

?I had a vision about you. You were grown up. You were scarred up and tattooed like a Yuuzhan Vong. You were Jedi, but dark. I could feel the darkness radiating from you.?

?Anakin, I would never do that. I would never hurt you.?

The tears were falling thick and fast now, and Tahiri couldn?t stop them; she didn?t want to stop them. She had allowed herself to become the very thing that Anakin feared the most; she had promised him that she would never turn into that; she had promised herself. Yet here she was, a Sith; everything that she had vowed not to be.

She glanced up at Han and Leia through her tears,

6. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Wonderful chapter! =D=[:D] I really enjoy this one and I'm pleased to see Tahri's starting to come to her senses.

Well done and thanks for the PM! :D

7. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    wow Hand and Leia using Anakin to turn her back
    this is great Ant

8. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    :_|

I don't know if I'm happy that Tahiri may be happy somewhere, or if I'm sad that this may not go Jahiri.

That was wonderful, beautiful, fabulous.

And I'm really enjoying the back stories being thrown in on the other thread.

PregMe'

9. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Down with Jahiri!
    Anahiri Wan Sui, Wan Sui, Wan Wan Sui! MwajahahahaJa!

10. fistomon

fistomon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    great job!
    Tahiri leaving Jacen?:eek:
    noooooooo!!!:_|

11. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Aiel: Wonderful chapter!

Thanks! :)

I really enjoy this one and I'm pleased to see Tahri's starting to come to her senses.

I'm glad you liked it, this is my favourite so far! And as for Tahiri...it was only a matter of time before she was saved, and who better to do it than Anakin's parents?!?

Well done and thanks for the PM!

Thanks, Aiel! And you're welcome! [:D]

darth_dragon: wow Hand and Leia using Anakin to turn her back
    this is great Ant

Thanks, I'm glad you liked Tahiri turning back...I thought it was about time...she'd suffered enough!!! :p

PregMe: I don't know if I'm happy that Tahiri may be happy somewhere, or if I'm sad that this may not go Jahiri.

Sadly, this won't end up Jahiri, but don't worry, I'll be sure to add a bit more for you in the back-story thread! ;)

That was wonderful, beautiful, fabulous.

Thank you so much!!! [:D] [face_love]

And I'm really enjoying the back stories being thrown in on the other thread.

Thanks, I'm glad you're liking them. They've actually been really fun to write. :)

darth_mu: Down with Jahiri!

No! Jahiri has it's good points, same as Anahiri! :)

fistomon:
    great job!
    Tahiri leaving Jacen?
    noooooooo!!!

Thanks! :)

Jacen's a bad influence on her...but don't worry too much...I'm sure they'll be back together again soon...in some form or other...
    ;)

Thanks for reading everyone! Your comments are much appreciated! [:D]
    I hope I can continue along the same excitment levels!!! :)

Ant.
    ]-}

12. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Great update Ant! =D==D=

It's good to see Tahiri turning back towards the light. It's nice to see the vision Anakin had about her playing a part in turning her back to the light.

Hmm. . . I wonder if Han and Leia will be able to turn Jacen. Tahiri is one thing, but Jacen is another entirely. I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

Armada

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    ?If you?re going to kill us, you might as well get it over with,? Han remarked sarcastically.
    Tahiri eyed him with contempt. ?It?s not my job to kill you.?
    ?Oh, well then please let us know whose job it is, and we?ll go and hassle them then,? Han sniggered.

Always the defiant one [face_mischief]

?In a way, it?s lucky that Anakin is no longer with us,? Leia began. Tahiri eyed her suspiciously, wondering where she was going with this. ?It would have killed him to see you turn out like this.?

So true :mad:

?I had a vision about you. You were grown up. You were scarred up and tattooed like a Yuuzhan Vong. You were Jedi, but dark. I could feel the darkness radiating from you.?

Nice connection =D=

Tahiri wiped away her tears with the back of her hand and deactivated her lightsaber, hooking it on her utility belt. ?You have to get out of here,? she said, ?Now. If you don?t, Jacen will kill you.?

Yay! [face_dancing]

Leia put a hand on Tahiri?s shoulder. ?I?m sorry, Tahiri, but we can?t go anywhere yet. Not without our son.?

:oops:

?Don?t worry about us. We?ll be fine,? Leia assured her, putting a gentle arm on her shoulder. ?You just go; do what you have to do.? She smiled at Tahiri, her hazel eyes shining.
    Tahiri smiled in return, and for the first time since Anakin?s death, she smiled on the inside as well.

Aww [face_love] But what is she going to do now? [face_thinking]

Great post, Ant :D Glad to see Tahiri come around but I question Leia and Han's wisdom of waiting around to try and save Jacen :oops:

Can't wait for more :)

14. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Playing catch up:

Interesting Skywalker action - nice to see the family united!

Yay for finding Leia(!!) and the Solos/Tahiri interaction. As attached as Tahiri is to Jacen, it's nice to know she's more attached to Anakin - and the light!!

Awesome updates!

Telanna

15. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

:_| That was great!!!! =D=

C @};- S

16. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Armada:

Great update Ant!

Thankyou so much!!! [:D]

It's good to see Tahiri turning back towards the light. It's nice to see the vision Anakin had about her playing a part in turning her back to the light.

Yes. I thought it seemed fitting that it would be Anakin's vision to bring her back to the light. It was hyped up in the books about his vision....and then he DIED... :_|
    Since the evil peeps at DelRay decided to scrap that storyline, I used it instead... :p

Hmm. . . I wonder if Han and Leia will be able to turn Jacen. Tahiri is one thing, but Jacen is another entirely. I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

That's true...Tahiri was easy compared to trying to turn Jacen...I can't imagine things will be "happy"...

Wes:

Always the defiant one

Yup! :D That's why I love him so much!!!

So true

Awww...did I make you angry?? :(

Nice connection

Thanks. I was really happy with the way it fitted in...one of the few things I've been pleased with in this 'fic...when I re-read the first few posts...gah!!! Scary! :(

Yay!

Aww But what is she going to do now?

You'll find out next post...I promise ;)

Great post, Ant Glad to see Tahiri come around but I question Leia and Han's wisdom of waiting around to try and save Jacen!

Thanks, Wes! I'm so glad you liked it!!! :)
    I'm glad Tahiri's back, too...although I did quite enjoy her being dark :p
    Han and Leia, well, they love their son, and they just want to try save him one last time...they're too kind, I think that's their curse in life...
    ;)

Can't wait for more

I can't be sure when more will be...I just re-read the next chapter, and now I don't like it, so it's getting a make-over! I'll have it done as soon as I can!
    :)

Telanna:

Playing catch up:

That's always fun! :)

Interesting Skywalker action - nice to see the family united!

Thanks. I like the Skywalkers...didn't want to be too cruel to them.
    :p

Yay for finding Leia(!!) and the Solos/Tahiri interaction. As attached as Tahiri is to Jacen, it's nice to know she's more attached to Anakin - and the light!!

Yes, she is rather attached to Jacen...but Anakin will always have a special place in her heart, and deep down inside, she still has a good heart. She just needed a little prodding, and who better to do it then the Solos?!? :)

Awesome updates!

Thanks! I hope they continue to be so for you!

Courtney:

That was great!!!!

Thank you! :D

Thanks for reading, guys!!! [:D]

I hope you all had a very happy Valentine's Day!!! [face_love]

Ant.
    ]-}

17. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter 16: Don't Be A Stranger.

Jacen sprinted towards the docking bays as fast as his legs would allow. It had been two full days since the air strike had begun, and just over a day since they?d crash-landed on this planet. The fatigue was starting to get to him, lapping at the edges of his mind, just waiting for his barriers to weaken so it could flood over him and take control.

But Jacen had other things to worry about right now. He was worried about Tahiri. He?d lost contact with her over three hours ago, just before he?d felt Tesar die. At first he?d wondered if Tesar was the reason behind her absence from the force; but then he?d thought about it in more depth, and concluded that it had to be more than that ? more serious.

It wasn?t like her to withdraw from the force; not from him.

He tried to pick up the pace, his mind spinning with thoughts of what might have happened to his young apprentice. Jacen couldn?t bear the thought of losing Tahiri; she was the only family he had left in this universe, along with his beloved Allana.

Allana?

?When this is all over, I?ll go and see her,? Jacen said to himself. It had been so long since he?d felt his daughter?s warm embrace, and the longer he was away from her, the more it killed him inside. He was so thankful that he?d managed to dispose of Lumiya before she could harm Allana and Tahiri.

He remembered like it was yesterday, the day Lumiya had admitted she knew about his daughter. He could still feel the coldness of his breath, and the way his heart had constricted when she had ordered him to kill her.
    He had refused, of course, so Lumiya had told him about the battle fleet waiting just outside the first hyperspace jump of the ship, carrying his daughter, and his young apprentice, Tahiri.

Anger simmered just below the surface of his mind as he recalled those painful memories, and he pushed the feeling down as far as he could. He didn?t have time to reminisce about such things right now; he had to concentrate on finding Tahiri.

He could hear blaster fire up ahead. The Gammas must still be alive. They wouldn?t last much longer without a leader, but there was no point in worrying about that now. Their fate had already been sealed the moment Tesar fell; and the Alliance had already lost the war. Continuing to fight now was pointless.

Once Jacen found Tahiri, they would get off this rock and head to Zonama Sekot, and visit Allana.

Before they did that, there was one more thing he needed to do.

---

?There?s a ship ready when you are,? Han said, shutting down his comm. and heading over to where Tahiri and Leia were sitting. ?Are you sure you want to do this??

Tahiri nodded, gazing up into Han?s deep brown eyes. She couldn?t have asked for a better father if she?d tried.

?Father-like figure,? she reminded herself.

?There?s room on the Shadow, in case you change your mind,? Han added.

Tahiri knew he was secretly hoping she would go with them, but she couldn?t. Although she would always have a place in her heart for Anakin?s family, too much pain had passed between them over the last few years, and nobody would be forgetting that in a hurry.

Tahiri shook her head. ?Thank you for the offer, but I won?t be changing my mind. This is something I need to do.?

Leia smiled in understanding. ?I know this is important to you, but be careful. Myrkr is a dangerous planet. If you do find what you?re looking for out there, please let us know. Don?t be a stranger.? Her eyes glistened with tears.

Tahiri had the sudden urge to hug her, and flung her arms around Leia?s neck, holding on tight. ?We?ll see each other again,? she promised. She let go of Leia and turned to Han, holding out her hand for him to shake. He pushed it away, wrapping his arms around her instead, in a hug to rival a wookiee?s.

Tahiri laughed as she pulled away. ?Take care of yourselves, ok?? she said, her tone growing serious.

?We will,? Han assured her. ?The same goes for you, too, kid.?

?What about

18. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Hm... My only complaint is that the updates are short! I want more! O:)

Interesting to see Jacen's perspective on Tahiri. He's really going to be ticked when he finds her gone. But what's on Myrkr? Other than Anakin, I mean... :p

Can't wait for more - keep it coming! [face_love]

Voz

19. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Hm... My only complaint is that the updates are short! I want more!

I'll try and make them longer for you, Telanna! :D

Interesting to see Jacen's perspective on Tahiri. He's really going to be ticked when he finds her gone.

He will be ticked...but will she be gone?? ;)

But what's on Myrkr? Other than Anakin, I mean...

Well, she's going to Myrkr to try and get in touch with herself again. Myrkr was where everything went downhill for Tahiri, so in going back there, and facing her "demons," hopefully she will find some perspective in life... That's what I was going for, anyway :p

Can't wait for more - keep it coming!

I will! [:D] Thanks!

Amber.

20. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Leia smiled in understanding. ?I know this is important to you, but be careful. Myrkr is a dangerous planet. If you do find what you?re looking for out there, please let us know. Don?t be a stranger.? Her eyes glistened with tears.

Myrkr, eh? [face_mischief] I sense an Anakin connection [face_dancing]

Terrific posts :D You've got my hopes up :) I really have to wonder what Leia and Han think they can do to save Jacen, but it's perfectly in-character that they would try [face_thinking] Maybe Luke and Ben will have more luck.

I'm very curious about what Tahiri's up to and why she suddenly wants to go to Myrkr. I can't help thinking it will have something to do with Anakin, but I don't know what [face_thinking]

21. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004

:eek:

Is she setting the Solos up????

=D=

[face_dancing]

I love Dark Tahiri...almost as much as I love Chanteuse Tahiri, and I especially love how concerned Jacen is for her, I hope she doesn't betray him...

I mean...he's been better to her than the Jedi...they kicked her to Dagobah...

22. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Awww, great update, Jedi-Ant! :D

23. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I loved Han's "May the Force be with you," at the end, it brought back nice memories of ANH and I loved it! [:D]

Everything is starting to get curious, and I can't wait for more. Thanks for the PM! :)

24. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Yobs:

Myrkr, eh? I sense an Anakin connection

Could be ;)

Terrific posts You've got my hopes up I really have to wonder what Leia and Han think they can do to save Jacen, but it's perfectly in-character that they would try Maybe Luke and Ben will have more luck.

Thanks, Yobs! [:D] So glad you're enjoying it...but don't get your hopes up too high... [face_mischief]

I thought it was in-character for Han and Leia to try and save Jacen, but as for Luke and Ben having more luck, I doubt it...particularly since Ben betrayed him and is now helping the Corellians.

I'm very curious about what Tahiri's up to and why she suddenly wants to go to Myrkr. I can't help thinking it will have something to do with Anakin, but I don't know what

Her reasons for going to Myrkr is so she can try and get in touch with herself again. Myrkr was where everything went downhill for Tahiri, so in going back there, and facing her "demons," hopefully she will find some perspective in life... That's what I was going for, anyway :p

PregMe:

Is she setting the Solos up????

Hmmm...not sure...don't think so, but then again... ;)

I love Dark Tahiri...almost as much as I love Chanteuse Tahiri, and I especially love how concerned Jacen is for her, I hope she doesn't betray him...

I [face_love] Dark Tahiri as well! She's the best!
    It's cute that Jacen's concerned, but as to whether she betrays him...I have a feeling she already has
    [face_worried]

I mean...he's been better to her than the Jedi...they kicked her to Dagobah...

That's true :)

But the Jedi have Anakin...and Anakin's parents...and she knows what Jacen's doing is wrong...

Courtney:

Awww, great update, Jedi-Ant!

Thanks, Courtney! [:D]

Aiel:

I loved Han's "May the Force be with you," at the end, it brought back nice memories of ANH and I loved it!

Yay! You noticed the connection!!! [face_dancing]

I was hoping someone would... I was thinking of that particular part in ANH when I wrote this chapter!

Everything is starting to get curious, and I can't wait for more. Thanks for the PM!

Thank you, Aiel! I'm glad things are starting to get interesting for you...

If you think things are interesting now, hold on to your seat when we reach chapter 19!!!

Huge plot twist...hopefully it works the way I intended
    :p [face_worried]

Thanks so much for reading everyone! [face_love] you all!!! *blows kisses*

Ant.
    ]-}

25. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Sorry I fell behind [face_blush] Great posts!!

Can you please put me on your PM list? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.