main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sacrifices (Leia)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by GirlJedi, Oct 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    This is my first fic posted to this board. I welcome your constructive feedback.

All usual disclaimers apply. Most aptly and appetizingly.

Sacrifices

Leia had gone into her bedroom awhile ago, and from experience and instinct, Winter followed half an hour later to see how she was doing. Leia hadn?t gotten any of her things together. She was simply standing there, staring at her formal state gowns, definitely not thinking of which two she would need for the return trip, nor had she picked any other items out that C3PO could later pack into a bag. She looked at Winter with a despondent resolve.

?I can?t do it, Winter. I can?t. I won?t. I don?t care what happens.?

Winter knew even as she said it that Leia realized she would do it. The Falcon would take Han, Leia, Winter with Jaina and Jacen to Anoth and on the return trip Han would scramble their path so well and they?d arrive at the Ryloth Conference in two standard weeks looking like they?d left from Coruscant. Right now, lack of sleep, anger and the strain of hiding the depth of her pain from Han were wearing on the Princess. Winter came over and put her arm around her.

?I know. It?s all right.? Leia gave in for a moment and pressed her face against Winter?s shoulder. She cried out her anguish softly.

?I?ll go and stay with the twins. They need to be with their mother.? Yes they need their mother, but they also need to stay alive. Their mother needs them, but she is needed here. Hundreds of millions of children?s lives on hundreds of systems in the fledgling New Republic depended on Leia. Everyone trusts you. Your insight, honesty, shrewdness and diplomacy not to mention your legendary durasteel backbone have helped bring the shaky government far, and now it needs you more than ever. The New Republic government was actually starting to function like one. Her enemies saw this as the most opportune time to go after her and all those close to her. Especially her children. They?re only babies. Jacen had just discovered how to climb onto the roots of the Kashyyk vinetree that took up a corner of their living space. He dragged his body up and sat there examining the bark until Chewie came over, rumbling to him in Wookie. He would reach out and swing the baby onto his strong furry shoulders, Jacen laughing and giggling.

?Don?t you remember the time you came with us to the mountains?? Winter said, trying to get her out of this petulant mood. ?We were only three. Bail sent you to stay with us for almost a year. Do you remember the rope swing that we used to jump into the lake?? Leia smiled gratefully. She did remember. Hitting that cool water on the hot days, chasing after Winter?s older brother when he took one of their dolls. How many times had Bail come to visit? She didn?t remember. Had she cried and missed him badly? And her nurse, the only one who could comfort her besides Bail? She had always come with Bail. Leia was a little older when she pieced together that her favorite nurse had actually been her mother, her real mother. When Leia was brought back down to Alderaan City, to the Royal Palace, the nurse was dying. Leia remembered seeing her lying on a bed, looking very weak and tired. Leia had been scared and upset. But she had survived that year with Winter?s family looking after her. Now Winter would be doing the same for her. She was as close as Leia had to a sister.

Leia shook her head, sighing. Now she could focus on the task at hand, her rare moment of self indulgence over. Why did she have to ask her family to sacrifice so much? Han was horribly torn up inside, wanting to be next to Leia but also to go with his children to protect them. Both Winter and Leia were thinking of Alderaan, knowing the other was too without having to say anything. If Alderaan were there, Bail would have kept them safe, and they?d be with their grandfather.

?We?ll come visit as much as we can.?

?Of course.? Winter said, pushing through the gowns. She stopped at one, glanced at Leia, who nodded. Winter took that one and another down of a different style

2. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    GirlJedi,

This is a very good first story. Thought provoking. I will enjoy reading more from you.

Velvet

3. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great job! :) That's one aspect of Leia that is often overlooked. Thanks! :D

4. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    An excellent story. You rarely see Leia going through anything that frustrates her or puts her in one of those moods. It's nice to see that she's not always taking everything in stride.

5. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I love Leia stories! I've always thought she never got enough credit. She's awesome, and I can't wait for more! Good job. :)

6. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    Many thanks for your kind words, Velvet Elfin, Lovely Lea, Lady_Moonbeam, and LadyMairead.

Hopefully I can come up with something again, though I seem to do well with these wee snippets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.