main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sacrifices (OC: NJO, Real people, Star Wars setting. An Angsty, Mushy, Drama) Completed 2/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The Great No One, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    I really hope you'll give this a chance as it was not really supposed to be as long as it turned out. It was a lot of fun to write and just hope that you will enjoy reading it. It's from the first person perspective. So without further ado here we go...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sacrifices

As I sat in my chambers meditating I wondered what the day would bring. It was a rather sparely decorated room, with nothing but a bed, meditation pad, a computer terminal and chair. The walls were stone, unpolished and dreary. All in all not very interesting. I felt many of my friends moving around through the Force, as well as my master Addie, coming towards my room.

As I sat there I continued trying to meditate, and continued to feel my master approach. She was coming to see me, and I was ready for her; or I thought I was. As I sat there I wondered what sort of training I might be put through today. I was still trying to clear my mind when I heard at knock on the door, it was my master. ?C?mon in,? I called through the metal, as I stood . As the door opened I saw my master in her customary brown robe. Her red hair suiting her fiery temperament to a tee, her face as pretty as ever. I bowed to her and asked, ?What can I do for you today master??

Her response as usual was, ?How many times have I told you not to call me that? It?s Addie.? She muttered to herself, and I knew it was about me being headstrong, as usual. I flashed my lopsided grin at this and waited for her to continue. ?We?re going off planet, be ready to go in 30 minutes.? I nodded, her tone brooking no argument, nor needing a response.

I moved about my room quickly and was ready to go with twenty minutes to spare. Knowing where I was to meet my master, I wandered out into the dormitory looking for some of my friends. As I walked down the hall, I saw Blackswan, who was recently made a Dark Lady. I started to bow to her as was appropriate, but she wrapped me up in a hug. ?No bowing between us,? she said a slightly mischievous smile on her face. Headstrong and good-natured as usual, she had become one of my best friends during my apprenticeship under Addie.

?How are you Swan? I haven?t seen you around much.? From what I?d heard the masters had sent her on a mission to Coruscant, and I had no idea that she had returned. I had missed being able to talk to her while she was gone.

?Yea, I got back last night. I?d have come to say hi but it was really late.? She smiled at me again, the mischievousness still there. ?Wanna go play a game?? We played djarik a lot and I really wished I had time for a game before I left, however I had run out of time.

?I wish I could, but I?m going off-planet with my master in less than 10 minutes, so I?m afraid I really don?t have the time.? Hugging her again, I smiled at her. ?I?ll be sure to play a game with you when I get back, as well as sitting down and talking. Bye my friend.?

She looked sad at this, and sighed. ?I understand, and I?ll hold you to that. You know that.? With a kiss on the cheek she turned and headed away to her room. I watched her leave and sighed. There was never enough time for anything. Oh well, that was just part of life.

As I continued along the hall to the hanger I saw numerous friends and waved at them, BarefootXO former apprentice to JMT, a Dark Lord, Maggy, a new apprentice, Rowan Jade, a new Dark Lady, Dashleebo, another Dark Lady and former apprentice to Addie, as well as other Dark Lords, Ladies and apprentices.

As I arrived at the hanger I saw two more people than I had expected. They were Goddessjainasolofel, and my sister Allie, whose alias was HandmaidenRabé. She was in the process of becoming an apprentice, and I had no earthly idea why she might be there other than to say goodbye. Goddess was a Dark Lady, and former apprentice to Addie.

I waved in greeting as I arrived and headed over. My sister however ran over to greet

2. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Hey I remember reading this elsewhere ;) I feel like a celeb now being one of the main characters in your fic! [face_blush] I hope it does as well here as it did at the DLC!

3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    kinda hope it does a bit better goddess, that t'would be nice.

4. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    Gah! You did it again! ...Allie, whose alias was HaindmaidenRabé. You got my name right, now get my alias right! H-A-N-D-M-A-I-D-E-N. Other than that, I still love it. Teh mush makes me blush. :p

5. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    =D=

Very nice job Tristan! Now where is the rest? [face_impatient] :p

6. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Ooooh....nice.... :)

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Handmaiden_Rabe whoops... i'm sorry, i never noticed that before. *sighs* my editor/beta person missed it too.

Earwen_Lightrider glad you like it nattie, are you really that impatient for the rest? *grins* i guess i'll post the next section, just for you...

Rilwen_Shadowflame thanks rilwen.

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Ok, here's the second section. I'll be posting the third within the next week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we landed with nothing happening I felt relieved. That lasted only until I saw the blasted landscape that was surrounding us. It was a blighted place, with mainly browns and reds covering it. There were sheer cliffs and mountains covering the planet, and I had to wonder how it had ever supported life. The feeling of the darkside was immense as well. It was a physical presence on this planet, one that you could not get away from. Unfortunately it was nightfall as well.

I took my sister?s hand as I followed my master and Goddess down the ramp, their hand?s resting on their saber hilts. I had my right hand on mine as well, and I sincerely hoped that we would not need to use them, knowing that we would.

?Master Addie, where are we going?? my sister asked in a surprisingly strong voice. I guessed that maybe getting into the situation might be helping her, but only time would tell. I smiled at her again, and then opening myself up to the Force I tried to sense any potential dangers.

?Well Rabé, there?s this building off to the northwest, and I?m guessing that?s where the Sith are. It?s not one of the old temples that are scattered all over this planet, or if it is it?s the first one that was ever built. It?s far older than anything else in our records.? She had continued forward as she spoke, and we all followed her.

The sense I was getting from Goddess was one of resignation, as if she knew something the rest of us didn?t, and I had to wonder what her and my master had been talking about seeing as my master had the same sense. It wasn?t something that really fit what was going on, at least not what I was getting from them. It was as if they knew one of us would not be going home. I didn?t want to even think about that possibility, so I blocked it from my mind.

We walked towards the building in as direct a manner as possible, which considering the terrain we had to go over, wasn?t very. We might have tried climbing, but my sister didn?t have the experience to do that, and none of us was willing to take that risk, so we found another way up or around as needed.

After walking for nearly an hour with nothing happening we all began to relax a little. It was then that I felt a sense of menace all around us, and it became apparent that Addie and Goddess felt it as well. It was a very evil sense, and very much aware of us. I cursed silently. Why hadn?t we tried to hide our presence? After all we were trying to sneak into a Sith base.

Addie didn?t seem quite as worried as the rest of us. It was then that I realized that the Sith knew we were here ever since we had landed. How could they have missed us? We were a blazing comet and even during the day it would have been hard to miss. I sighed again and realized just how much I still had to learn, no matter how good I had become at fighting, as my duel sabers were a testament to.

Goddess finally spoke, and it was impossible to hide the melancholy in her voice, at least from me and Addie, her former master. I didn?t think my sister picked up on it though. ?We?re within ten minutes of the building. We should be able to see it when we get around this bend.? Again I wondered what she knew that I didn?t.

She was right. The building was old, that much was obvious. But it was big as well. Enormous actually, and the sheer amount of the darkside radiating from it was incredible. It drew you to it like a magnet. That was without being able to even really see it. What I could see of it however was a large pyramid shape, with obvious tiers, and even some spires running up from various points of it. It had a rather eclectic feel to it, but I figured it probably looked better during the day.

I also saw the path to the door. It went across a canyon, and I realized that we had traversed under the bridge. I had to wonder if the br

9. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    =D= Very emotive writing.
    It might help, however, if the Sith names were readable. ;)
    Darth Hąllén, he is more than a match for any of you, I assure you of that. I am Darth S?ląri

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    crud!!! methinks i'll be fixing that shortly...

11. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Impressive. Most impressive. [/Vader] ;)
    Can't wait to see how the rest of the Twins are worked into this. Assuming we are, that is.

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    umm... this was written well before the current twins, and with a different group to boot. sorry comander.

*bows head in embaressment* and thanks for the compliment.

13. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    i like it Trimaj.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    glad to hear it mp.

quick note, i'll be sending out pm's to let all those who have been reading when i post the last update.

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Include me in that PM, Trim. I want to read more.

I'll post a detailed opinion as more turns up. Its doing very well to start off.

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    glad you enjoyed it sinre.

i think i'll do ok if i can get an audience. but i haven't really been able to do that much.

the last post is upcoming.

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    and here's the end of it. hope you enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We ran, not able to even think about what had happened to Goddess, but not able to forget either. It had been burned into my memory forever, I knew that even then. The last look on her face would haunt my dreams for years. I should have been able to help, but I hadn?t. I was stopped, and that thought made it even more painful. I knew I could have helped her, but my Master had not let me.

The run back through the temple was truly horrible, the sound of Darth S?lari following behind us, calling after us and telling us that we would soon be dead. It never got farther away nor did it get closer. She was playing with us, and we were letting her. We had no choice.

All I remember of that flight was the sound of the taunts and the flickering torch light as we raced down hallways and down stairs. We finally came to the entrance hall, all of us exhausted mentally and physically, but we ran on, none of us wanting to face this monster that hounded us.

We ran across the bridge. I saw Addie stop, and thought that she meant to fight S?lari too, on a different playing field with the sunlight beating down upon us, on a bridge. She had no such intentions however, as I saw her start to chop a the bridge of stone. I joined her using the Force to hack at the supporting side of it, both of my sabers moving in unison as they cut swaths of stone free.

The bridge began to weaken, and I saw a huge section of it collapse just as S?lari arrived at it. I can still hear her curses in my nightmares to this day. But we ran on, having called our sabers back to us and reattached them. We had to reach the ship, to let the Dark Lords know what we had found.

We arrived in much less time than it had taken us to get there, all of us completely exhausted. We found another ship waiting for us, and we all braced for the worst, but there were familiar presences aboard it.

It was then that I felt S?lÄ…ri behind us again, closing fast. I looked at my Master, she felt it too and motioned towards the other ship. As we arrived at the ramp three Dark Ladies emerged and came down to the ground. My sister and I quickly bowed and stood behind Addie, tears still running down both of our cheeks.

?Goddess is dead then?? asked the leader of the Dark Lords, Jedi-Mind-Trick. She was by far the most powerful Dark Lady that we had in our enclave, and I had hopes that maybe she would be able to stand up to this menace that was still approaching us. She stood there calm and collected in her brown cloak and robes, her hood up covering her long brown hair.

Addie nodded and I heard a sob escape her, and knew that she was as bad off as I was, quite possibly worse. ?We couldn?t defeat this Noghri that is coming. Darth S?lari she calls herself, a cruel joke that. She brings no light anywhere she goes, that much I can assure you. With the addition of you, Master JMT, and Master Kay we may be able to handle this fight.?

Masterkay, or Kay as Addie had called her was a beautiful redhead, and wore long purple robes with a dark green cloak. One of the more flamboyant Masters of our group. ?We will do what we can Addie, you know this. This Solari will die today, I promise you that. We will avenge the death of Goddess.?

It was then that JMT motioned to the third member of their group, Dashleebo, Dashy for short, a beautiful young woman in her green robes and cloak, her hood up as well. ?Take the other two to their shuttle Dashy, and do what you can to comfort them.? She turned away and started to talk to Addie to learn what she and Kay could about this evil that they faced.

I quit paying attention to that as Dash took mine and my sisters hands and led us up the ramp to our ship. She started to head to the cabins but I pulled away, determined to watch this fight I was not to be a part of. I wanted to see this bitch die.

Dash called to m

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    I seriously hate double posts...

19. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    Don't we all, brother dear?

*sniffles* Poor Goddess. Poor Dashy. Poor you. Poor everyone! Me likey, though you already knew that. :D

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Very well done.

I liked the interaction, and the opening was the best. Grueling battle, well wrote. Many can't maintain the flow of a long battle. Could have done with a little words from our Noghri Darth, but it worked very well.

I liked the philosophy of Dark against Truly Dark. Very nice.

In short, me like!

=D=

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    HandmaidenRabe yea... tis sad. t'was kinda the whole point. *smiles slightly*

Sinrebirt i've always enjoyed fights, and have done some rp duels so i have a decent idea of how to go about it.

the philosophy part didn't really strike me until you brought it out to me... yes, now that i think about it, it does bring a rather interesting side conflict to it.

about the no words... well, i didn't want to draw the fight out anymore after i got out into the fight... t'was long enough. and i couldn't hear before that... i was in the ship... no real sound could have gotten through.

anyhoo, thanks for reading and i'm glad you enjoyed it.

22. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    i love it man.

23. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    =D=

Very nice :)

Having the Noghri and a Wookiee be your evilist vilians was fantastic. It suprised me (which is good). I really liked your discriptions and I could picture most of what was going on very clearly in my head :) Thank you!

I hope you don't mind me posting a link to this story in the Noghri Appreciation Thread.

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    MASTERPRENN Glad you enjoyed it so much. There may be a sequel at some point. I've got to many ideas for other things at the moment though.

Earwen Umm... no, I don't mind... *Is slightly flustered* Not quite what i was expecting.

Suprises are what I try for. Not to sure how frequently I succeed though.

I've been told I'm good at the action part, that it's clear and easy to see. I'm glad others agree with that.

Again, thanks all for reading.

25. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    What were you expecting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.