main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive SaculArts Presents: ''Galactic Domination''

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Yomin_Carr, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    -From the office of SaculArts ?Galactic Domination? Game Designer

?Dear Friend,

Congratulations on succeeding on the planetary, system, sector, and regional levels. You are immensely talented at our game, and therefore, we are happily inviting you to participate in our galactic tournament. The rules are slightly different for this level, so be sure to learn them well.

As you know, Galactic Domination centers around the idea of one person influencing everything. On the lower levels, play has consisted of one planet, and a great many people trying to establish control over it, legally, or illegally. On the galactic level, play is exactly like that, save for one thing. You see, on the galactic level, we prefer to give recognition to as much of the galaxy as possible. Therefore, on the galactic level, there is only one planet, but it is divided to include sections of many different planets. Below is the listing of the planets, randomly selected, to be used, and a brief description of what is in that section.

Tatooine
    Mos Eisley
    B?ommar Monastery
    Moisture Farms
    Mos Espa Grand Pod Racing Arena

Dagobah
    New Republic Settlement, Jedi City
    Dark Side Cave

Mon Calamari
    Reef Home City
    Quarren Underwater City

Naboo
    Theed
    Otoh Gunga

Hoth
    Echo Base
    Wampa Caves

Geonosis
    Droid foundries
    Execution Arena
    Trade Federation Cores

Kamino
    Tipoca City

Coruscant
    Senate Building
    Imperial Palace
    Jedi Temple

Corellia
    Coronet City

Dathomir
    Singing Mountain Clan
    Nightsister Prison Camp

Yavin IV
    Great Temple

Every so often we will add another planet section to add a new dimension to the game.

Another new factor is the era. Previously the era had been the same planet-wide, not so here. There is no era in this version. For the most part, the planet sections will be ruled and governed by the Empire, but not so on some of the more important Old Republic era planets.

A final factor is an updated character sheet.

Name:
    Credits: 500
    Equipment: Commlink, aquata breather
    Weapons: Blaster

No longer are some characters Jedi or Sith, now all characters are Force-sensitive, but that will develop only as a reward for good playing otherwise. Characters are given only 500 credts to build their Empire with, in this edition.

And as always, you may meet influential people in galactic history while playing, so keep a sharp eye out for them.

I wish you good luck in your quest for control. And last, but not least, may the Force be with you."

Hak Faln
    Chief Game Designer, SaculArts?

Edit: Locked at authors request :)

2. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Sounds fun Yomin.

Name: Babur
    Species: Human

3. Daemon

Daemon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2002
    Name: known only as "Wraith"
    Species: Bothan
    Credits: 85
    Equipment: Extensive slicing kit, encrypted comlink, other technological paraphenalia
    Weapons: heavy blaster pistol, ion gun

4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Hmmm...interesting...very interesting...

I'll join! :)

Character Stats:

Name: Razor Belkin
    Alias(es): Razor; Commander Belkin
    Rank: Commander-in-Chief of the Lortalo Armed Forces (LAF)
    Starship: Custom built, modified A-wing; Lortalo Armed Forces flagship, The Death Evader
    Other Vehicles: Fire Red Trilion Inc. M-72 Speeder
    Weapon(s) of Choice: Green-bladed lightsaber, 4 blaster pistols with holsters, Imperial issue blaster rifle, Advanced heavy Republic repeater rifle, SYD blaster, 4 throwing knives, and a switchblade knife
    Other Gear: Ysalimiri, Comm link, Electrobinoculars, Explosive charges, Thermal detonators, Charge mines, Holoprojector, Trip mines, Heat sensors, Neo-lyte Scanner, C-94 UY targeting headset, fake I.D cards, and an illegal Grade AAA Hagari micro-computer (with built in encryption cracker and slicer kit)
    Typical Clothing: T-shirt with quantum/cortosis ore armor over top, covered by a black cloak and other robes if necessary; wears black leather boots and a belt that goes around his reddish pants; has 2 blaster pistols in holsters on his legs and 2 in a holster on his chest; keeps his throwing knives in his inner cloak, his lightsaber on his belt, his Republic repeater on his back, and his blaster rifle in his hand; keeps all of his other gear in his cloak unless he is using them
    Affiliation: Lortalo Armed Forces (LAF) (non-Force using)
    Brief Description: Growing up on the lower levels of Nar-Shadaa, Razor Belkin lived the hard life. His parents were killed by the Vong when he was 3 and he left the city when he was 5. He traveled the galaxy going on various bounty hunts and looking for a true job. He found it on Coruscant while hunting for an Imperial traitor. He was then hired by Lortalo Inc., a large arms company based on Coruscant, and he became the ruthless leader of the corporation after only 2 years of "employment". He continues to lead the newly founded "Lortalo Armed Forces" to this very day.....

5. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Ill give it a shot, guys.

Hey all, I think we can't start with whatever the hell we want. We start with what Yommie said we get in the first post. Like this:

Name: Shiev Vertial
    Species: Human (from Tatooine)

6. Daemon

Daemon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2002
    I think we're fine... except for Ken Kenobi... way outta control buddy. No god-moding or being uber-powerful

7. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    Gorin- Tatooine
    Daemon- Dathomir
    KenKenobi- Hoth (use the profile I gave. Everything that already has something filled in doesn't change :) )
    bterrik- Corellia

Pick a spot in that area and just start. If you're somewhere not hospitable to your species, you can appear on the edge of that area. All non-player characters are played by me alone.

(We're still accepting players...)

8. Jodo-Fett

Jodo-Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Name: Tren Olo

(This is all we can have to start out with right?)

9. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    IC:

Babur was standing out on top of a Hill, overlooking the Sleeping Mos Eisley City. He wrapped his cloak a little tighter against the wind of the Tatooine night. The city never truely slept, but just the same it plesed him to watch it, it's gambler's, drunkards, and thugs asleep for the moment.

He decended into the city, walking thought it's streets, and eventually came to a small inn. Walking in he saw a few drunken patrons passed out at the tables and a servo droid cleaning up. In it incessently plesed voice it said "Welcome good Sir, can i get you anything?"

"Just some room for the moment, but thank you." Babur said.

"Of course sir. Should you ever require my humble services do not be afrid to ask." it said as it went back to cleaning the tables.

The drinking hour was past, and most of the patrons asleep so when Babur sat down at a table it was peaceful and mostley empty. This city can have it's moments. he thought as he surveyed the establishment.

It was small, but tastefully made up, with a few decorations high enough up where the common Bar Brawls and drunkards wouldn't damage them. the building was built for function, not for astectics, but still, it had it's own charm.

Calling over the droid he said," I'd like to get a room for the rest of the night, homuch would that cost me?"

TAG: Yomin

10. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    The droid paused for a moment, then looked up. "50 credits is the lowest listed price. I must warn you, however, that you may encounter... vermin in your room." The droid handed him a small card-key. "The room number is 207. Please be careful, sir."

11. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    IC:
    Tatooine

Babur thanked the droid, handed her the credits her dug out of his pocket, and stood up with his key. He examined it and saw an old style slide card. They were un-reliable, but it should work.

Walking up the stairs he looked for his room, and walked up to the door. He slid the card though, it beeped, but the door remained stationary. giving it another swipe it beeped again and this time slid open. Grunting he walked into the rom and saw...

12. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    The bed seemed to have a sort of nest built on it, 5 pairs of eyes staring out from a bundle of blankets. The refresher unit was backed up, and gorgs were now swimming on the floor. A hole had been chewed through the closet, and from the noises, something was being devoured in there. The window was broken, a group of young bonegnawers hopping around on the windowsill. On the floor, crawling at his feet, seemed to be a mass of worms...

TAG: Gorin

13. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    IC:

Babur nearly gagged, the droid had said a FEW vermin, not a room full. He whipped out his Blaster and blew away the worms, the bonegnawers, and as many gorgs as he could see. If was gonna have to act as an exterminator for his own room then so be it. He went farther into the bathroom, blowing away a the rest of the gorgs he could see, and then moved over to the closet, opening it and ready to shoot....

14. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    A pair of womprats lunged out, jumping at him. From the looks of it, they had established a fairly extensive tunneling system beyond the closet, but before he could really notice, the womprats attacked...

TAG: Gorin

15. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    Jodo-Fett will start out on Naboo

16. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    EDIT: Just remember, Daemon, you are a newbie and you made the exact same mistake. Be a bit more considerate next time, alright? Thanks. ;)

17. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    I'm game:

Name: Tyrise Dorjan

18. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    c_1, you start out on Hoth. ;) And even though I know you'd never complain... you are allowed to start yourself off at the edge of your terrain area.

;) And a note: Echo Base is there. An abandoned base, surrounded by inhospitable terrain makes for a hard to assault position...

Sorry to see you go, KenKenobi. Just a note: I did not single you out for anything. Notice the emoticon smile next to my clarification for you. My apologies for being unclear in my opening post. I posted that a new character sheet was being used in my opening post, and did not specifically state it as a rule. You're welcome back any time. :)

19. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Ohhh, since it wasn't a rule that was "posted".

I sign back up. :)

Character Stats:

Name: Razor Belkin
    Weapon(s): E-11 Blaster Rifle
    Other Equipment: Aquata breather, commlink

EDIT: Do we have to go by "TAGGING" another person like in a TAG RPG, or is it random. (Just wondering, since the last few posts were by TAGGING)

:)

20. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    You may start on Geonosis :)

21. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    Hoth? Aww, man . . . ;)

I'll start off at Echo Base then, if that's ok.

Hope this first post is ok - if not, I'll change it.

Tyrise Dorjan stood before the cavernous doors that marked the north entrance of Echo Base. The bitter cold nipped at his face, and the long coat he wore did little to stave of the biting frost.

He had to find shelter, and warmth, soon. And it was potentially before him. If only he would figure out a way in.

The doors were closed, locked tight against the raging Hoth winds. Abandoned equipment scattered the landscape, remains of a mighty battle.

Tyrise approached the doors, searching desperately for something that would open them, a keypad, a lever, something . . .

Tag: Yomin

22. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    As Tyrise felt around, he suddenly stumbled on a metal plate that stuck out a little. He stroked it gently as his hands went across it, which caused it to glow green. Out of the massive hangar doors, a small level came out, exposing itself to the winds of Hoth for a few minutes until it was keyed...

As Tyrise contemplated the lever's existence, a low moaning came from the snow banks in the distance. It echoed across the plains, sounding completely alien, but still... almost human...

TAG: c_1

23. Jodo-Fett

Jodo-Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    In the middle of nowhere Tren Olo stood just ahead was a small lake. Out on the far end he could make out a being, a Gungan. He quietly approached the being, striding into the water making his manner peacfully to make sure the Gungan knew he came in peace.

The Gungan cocked its head and jumped back uneasly. He hadn't seen the human heading towards him.

"I mean no harm." Trenn spoke calmly, holding up his hands in a peacefully way.

24. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    The Gungan goggled, his eyestalks popping up.

When he had regained his composure, he focused himself on the intruder.

"Whosa, are yousa?"

TAG

25. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    OOC: Well, here is my first post.

IC:

[image=http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e2geon78.jpg]

Razor Belkin knew what loneliness was. He had been abandoned on the streets of one of the most dangerous places in the galaxy, the gang infested moon of Nar Shadaa. His parents had been killed by evil contractors for the notorius Hutts, and he had been left alone to fend for himself. Loneliness was the void of any positve social interaction and the absensce of a lush enviroment. This, Belkin thought, is loneliness.

It was early morning in the rocky, deserted plains of Geonosis. There were no morning sounds distinguishable by memory in the eyes of Razor, who had just become familiar with the landscape. He took a look around, scouting out the area.

Its uninviting surface was marked by mesas and buttes, and barren stretches of parched desert hardpan served as a habitat. The rocks and sky were a tinted shade of red, and the few creatures that were seen had apparently been well equipped to survive in the harsh ecology.

There was no hint of plant life whatesoever, as the rocky terrain had all but proved unsuitable for any flora.

Sitting before Razor was a large building, carefully blended into the enviroment as to not attract unwanted attention. Large spires spun into the sky and maroon bedrock covered the sides of the primordial temple.

Razor quietly walked into the cavelike structure that served as a "door", quickly noticing that it was hardly a primitive structure. The clanking of machines could be heard in the distance, and the faint buzzing of some kind of wings were fluttering towards him.

Instinctively, Razor unholstered his E-11 Blaster Rifle, reading to shoot anyone or anything that came towards him in this rocky tunnel. He soon saw the form of what looked like a giant flying insect, staring straight at him. He immediatly fired his blaster, dropping the being in front of him to the ground with a hideous THUMP!

Within moments others were upon him. They seemingly peeled from the walls, hopelessly surrounding him from any escape. He quickly fired to shots, killing another two of the creatures and running forward down the tunnel.

What he saw before him relaxed his muscles a bit. It was a droid factory for the Trade Federation. He had been a bounty hunter many a day for that organization, and was highly recognized for outstanding behavior by commanders and leaders such as Daultay Dofine, Rune Haako, and even Viceroy Nute Gunray himself.

Suddenly, he felt as if he was no longer alone. He had the droids now.....

[image=http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e2geon40.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.