main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Sad day I didn't see coming

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mickster, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickster

Mickster Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Well, it has been an interesting 24 hours for me. I still have the new movie fresh in my mind and while I didnt get a chance at a second viewing yesterday I will be seeing it with one of my old buddies back in Winter Haven this weekend so that should be a lot of fun. The bad news is that I will no longer be collecting Star Wars memorabilia. My wife and I had a long talk last night regarding adoption. My wife lost our first child a week before he was due around this time last year. We have talked about adopting a little girl from China but I think last night we finally made the decision to go through with it. After she went to bed I sat up and fiddled around on Ebay for a while and I just decided right then that I was going to get out of the hobby and sell most everything I had except for a couple of items that I wouldnt want to part with. I think everything else is going to Ebay though. I will still come around to some of the meetings and try and keep in contact with you guys but I will not be around as much as I would like, to resist temptation to buy. I am going to have to back out of the prior commitment I made to this next meeting also. I will still come around every once in a while though to see what is going on. I dont know if these boards are against advertising your ebay auctions so I wont post my ebay name but if you are interested just let me know and I will give you my ebay name and if you are interested in any items I put up for sale you can bid on them and I will not charge shipping, we can just meet somewhere to make the transaction. I have a couple of vintage figures up right now and I will be putting up more stuff next week when I get back from Winter Haven. Well, now that I rambled enough I will split. But it was great getting to know everyone and I hope to see you around town, looking in the toy aisles. I will keep an eye on the boards to see when the meetings are and I will try and get by occasionally. Thanks.
    Mickey

2. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Well Mickster - I am glad and sad at the same time! I wish you and your wife all the best with the adoption - it is a road Mark and I have thought about before.

Keep me updated on your auctions - especially anything vintage.

Stay in touch!

3. yoda1248

yoda1248 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    That is great. You are giving a chance at a good life to a child. Im very happy for you. Hope to see you around and good luck......Also please let me know the stuff you put on ebay or the stuff before you put it on ebay i would love to help you out and add to my collection at the same time. And who knows when the girl grows up she could be just like you and you guys could collect together. Anyway goodluck......Keep me posted please on the auctions.......Thanks and good luck....joshua

4. Mickster

Mickster Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Sent you PM's Leia and Yoda

5. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    Glad to here about the adoption. Nothing is more wonderful than a child. The love for star wars is strong, but nothing can beat the love of a child. I'm sure it hurts to part with your collection, but when she first calls you daddy, you will be glad you did. Best of luck to ya man.

And, May The Force Be With You & Your (soon to be) Family

Sincerly,

Ri-Qui-gon-Jin
    father

6. Vossk

Vossk Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    lets hope your new daughter has the force and loves star wars as much as we do cause if she doesn't thats a whooooooolllle nother probllem.mmmmmm a big problem.may the force be with u and ur new child

7. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Mickster,
    We'll pray blessings on your family.
    Gina and Monroe

8. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    Well never meet you. but I'm sure you doing whats right in your hearts. Some of my very good friends did the same thing, and it has been a joy to see her grow up with a chance in life.

Prayers are with you.

9. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Mickster, I PM'd you...good luck and God bless.

10. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Good luck, let me know if I can help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.