main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sad for the JA seris

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Domtis, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    come everyone, let us gather together to mourn the discontinuation of the Jedi Apprentice seris. Only one left to come. Sure she's writing that new seris with Ani/Obi, but who's going to continue Obi-Wan's and Qui-Gon's story?

I know that me, personally, would take 2 or 3 hours every other month out of reading Dumas or Hugo just to pick up one of these books and see what happened next. But alas! There won't be a next very soon. :(

...and I thought I was sad when Tahl died...

2. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    which reminds me, does anyone know whatever happened to, or is going to become of Bant?

3. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Two more left to come, or are you forgetting The Followers.

And it's not ending. They just changed the title from Jedi Apprentice to Jedi Quest, changed Qui-Gon's name to Obi-Wan, and changed Obi-Wan's name to Anakin. Jude Watson has now written the same book about 12 times, so I don't have any reason to believe this trend will discontinue just because it's a different title.

They should definitely get another author to get some modicum of variety in there...

4. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    I just like the story between Qui and Obi.

2 more? awsome! :D

I say we need a Tahl icon in here! :)

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    The difference between JA, and JQ is that anakin will accidently use the darkside in "every" book and worry about his future. Obi-wan will contemplate if training anakin is such a good idea, etc, etc, ;).

6. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    come on everyone, there's got to be at least SOME fans out there....

7. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    There are plenty of fans, but this topic has been done like three times already since I've registered... ;)

8. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    well, if JA was doing better I would be sadder. But I am not saying I don't like JA just that I got really mad over the last few. Also, rumor has it that JQ will have memories of when Obi was a Padawan. But I also have to say that if Jude just redoes what she did in JA in JQ, I am going to be ticked! But if anyone's going to miss JA then read all the cool fanfiction there is out there on Obi and Qui. I love the stuff, plus write it. :) Fanfiction can be much better then JA lot too.

9. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    I don't know... I actually enjoyed the latter books in the JA series. Fanfic is good; I run an archive of it afterall. :D But at times, I still prefer the books, cuz there's a more "official" sense to it, I guess. I mean, the stuff has to be approved by LFL. But that aside, there are times when I prefer JW's depictions of the characters over those in any fanfic I have ever read... but that's my opinion. :)

10. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    it is sad we won't see more of the adventures of QG and Obi Wan in these rich stories.

I've been enjoying the recent books, including the last one, The Only Witness.

There is a good contrast with how QG deals and experiences his grief and love interest. Obi Wan also deals with romantic feelings and how they may be affecting him. Contrast this with Anakin in AOTC and subsequently. We see more of QG and OW's relationship and thus character development of Obi Wan which will affect his relationship with Anakin. Qui Gon and Obi Wan gave us the first glimpse and view into the world of the OR Jedi, into the Master-Padawan relationship how it was then.

and the new series will focus on Obi Wan-Anakin. will be interesting to read, and of course it will support and tie into the movies more closely.

Tahl icon - great idea.

11. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    I'd agree that it'd be nice to see some more of QuiGon and ObiWan. Watson captures the characters pretty well, and their relationship is perfect. I hate spending $5 bucks a pop for 2 hours of reading, at most, but I can't bring myself not to. As for Jedi Quest, I'm really hoping they aren't showing Anakin starting to go dark in every book. Already, in each novel or story he's been in, he's killed someone, or had dark tendencies. At that rate, he'd be a sith lord long before Episode 2.

12. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I am a fan of the JA series but I do think it is time to move on. If we fill up all the years of the time OB1 and Quigon are together there will be no room for stories in the future. Stories that can be told in larger novels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.