Buff, NY Sad News for SW Gamers

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MakanPyralis, May 6, 2013.

1. MakanPyralis Force Ghost

star 4
    If some of you didn't hear, Disney shut down Lucas Arts a few weeks ago. Today, EA announced that they now have the rights to Star Wars games....
  2. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    EA now is being licensed to do the higher end games, don't be fooled into thinking LA isn't involved. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. LA couldn't afford to do the games we as fans want (1313, Battlefront 3, Force Unleashed 3, Republic Commando 2) so this could, and I stress could, be a good thing for us gamers. While EA has had it's struggles lately, this could help them in a big way and LA having a major player developing exclusively for them, I can see it being a win for all involved.

I'm reserving judgement until I see the titles that are getting released. I'm hopefully optomistic

Dave
    Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  3. Ensidious Jedi Padawan

I play SW:TOR and i love the game. been playing for a little over a year, and EA isn't attached to it and i love it, although it is BIOWare
  4. MakanPyralis Force Ghost

star 4
    I will give EA a chance, but I am not holding my breath.
  5. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm just hopeful that we get a Force Unleashed 3 or better, the possibilities are endless. Like I said, I'm hopefully optomistic.....
    Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  6. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
  7. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    You sure Gil? Rumor I keep seeing/hearing is that it may get turned over to the new developers to work on. It may still live on is some iteration.....
  8. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Bio ware created the game. It's not part of the deal.
  9. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Hopefully the brotherhood of Tupperware will die along with it.
  10. Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Master

star 1
    I made a similar statement to my Gaming Guild at ECC. I honestly see this as a great thing. LA wasn't getting the highest quality games out very often and the games they did do very well on, like X-wing and such, didn't seem to be coming back any time soon. The forced unleashed was cool but then the second one came around and just...eh.
    But with LA no longer being the Only thing making Star Wars games, and instead giving the ability to makes SW games to EA's big companies like DICE and BioWare and Viceral, we are actually going to see some new quality games.
    I honestly think this is great, despite EA being a terrible company, even they, just like Disney, are not going to try and ruin their Star Wars purchase by stuffing unneeded things into every game they churn out.
  11. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
  12. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    after seeing the game engine EA is using for some of their sports games on the new Xbox One, I'm even more hopeful that we get good SW games
  13. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    Did you see the graphics for the new Gran Turismo? It looks like real life!
  14. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    yup, watched the whole reveal. I was blown away by what Infinity Ward showed with Ghosts, between the dog and the vast improvement in human skin tones, amazing to say the least. I haven't had any real interest in any of the COD games since the first Modern Warfare, Ghosts has my attention
  15. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    EA plans to reveal some of their Star Wars plans at E3, Battlefront 3 leading the rumor mill......
  16. Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Master

star 1
    I would continue to not pay any attention to it if you haven't already got into CoD. I mean it's still CoD no matter how many pixels they add to the dogs. You are still just a hand with a gun in it, and if the dogs and or people are your enemies, they will be face down in the ground before you get to see how pretty the faces are. If they are your allies, then cool? You get to see them in triggered-cut scenes. Not to sound mean about it at all, just saying that if CoD has not enthralled you already, this game shouldn't be any different.
  17. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    I was more referring to the graphics, although the story seems like a good concept. Depending on how the used/rental thing works out, it may be a game to toss into the gamefly queue

Dave
  18. Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Master

star 1
    The graphics are still nothing new to gaming in the slightest "We have this technology that will make the fish swim away from you when you get close" and CoD is still that hectic quasi-twitch action shooter where all you want to do is shoot something and keep on going to the next match/level. But always a good rent if you want to play with friends, just never something that will turn on someone who doesn't like the other CoD games.
  19. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
  20. Marka_Ragnas Force Ghost

star 1
    Battlefront 3 will be good. Frostbite make great first person shooters
  21. Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Master

star 1
    They even promised that it is not just BF4 with a Star Wars skin, meaning they are taking their time to make a wonderfully crafted StarWars game from the ground up.