main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Sad news for wrestling fans...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Klimt_Of_Tornesdal, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    For those of you with tickets to the wellington show featuring the Smackdown team, there is at least one superstar that won't be making it here....

WWE Wrestler Found Dead In Minneapolis

(WCCO) WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room in Minneapolis Sunday morning, police said.

Guerrero, 38, was found in his room at the Marriott City Center in downtown Minneapolis. He was in town for Sunday night's "WWE Supershow" TV taping at Target Center.

Police were called to the hotel just after 7:30 a.m. and attempts were made to revive the wrestler, Minneapolis Police Department spokesperson Ron Reier said.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner will perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death. Police do not believe foul play was involved.

Chavo Guerrero, Jr., Guerrero's nephew and a fellow WWE wrestler, said he and his uncle flew in together Saturday night and were supposed to meet for breakfast Sunday morning.

When Guerrero did not show up as expected, security was called to open his room, Chavo Guerrero, Jr. said.

WWE Chair Vince McMahon said Sunday's "Supershow" taping will now be a four-hour tribute to Guerrero, who was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" The tributes will air this week.

Eddie Guerrero had recently celebrated his fourth year of sobriety, WWE officials said.

The wrestler's struggles with alcohol and drug addiction were detailed in the DVD "Cheating Death, Stealing Life," released last year. An autobiography of the same name was due in bookstores this December, according to Simon & Schuster's Web site.

Son of legendary Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero, Eddie Guerrero has also wrestled with World Championship Wrestling and Extreme Championship Wrestling, among other federations.

Guerrero grew up in El Paso, Texas and had recently moved to Phoenix, Ariz. World Wrestling Entertainment said he is survived by his wife, Vickie; and daughters Shaul, 14; Sherilyn, 9; and Kaylie Marie, 3.

WCCO-TV, WCCO.COM, UPN and Simon & Schuster are Viacom properties.

Wellington will be feeling much colder without the Latino Heat.

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Are you right into wrestling?

Prob kicked the bucket from all those horse steriods...

3. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Among many things, yeah I'm into my wrestling.

And given someone has just passed away and left behind a wife and 3 kids, I'd like to hope we could leave the steroid cracks at the door.
    If the truth be known, there was a time when the guy was hooked on drugs, due to a major car crash that almost killed him.

It's also true that he beat his addiction and has been clean for the last four years. Just so we know what we are talking about.

4. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Its a sad day in the wrestling world...

Aparently it happened whilst he was brushing his teeth :(

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I'm sorry, but the steroids comment was no joke. It's no disrespect to say Freddy Mercury died of aids, when he did die of aids. In all seriousness, I'm sure the drugs and so forth contributed to his early and untimely death (wife and kids aside).

6. tomR

tomR Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2005
    Yea that is really sad. He was a role model to a lot of kids. He was my little brother's favourit e wrestler...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.