main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Sad news :(

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nikana-, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikana-

Nikana- Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    As some of you know, I was keeping tabs on Little Katie and planned on giving half of the proceeds from our raffle and bake sale at Halloween to the Kisses for Katie Fund. This is from TFN today.

Final Kisses For Katie

Posted By Philip on August 10, 2005

Many were familiar with 501st founders Albin Johnson daughter Katie's battle with cancer. This from Kathy Johnson today:

Hi all,

This is Kathy. I'm writing to inform you all that Katie has beaten her battle with Cancer. Katie passed away at 5:20pm Today. Myself Al and Allie are trying to hold it together as best we can. We would appreciate no phone calls for a few days.

Katie's Funeral will be at 4:00pm on Friday at Riverland Hills Baptist Church here in Columbia.

On behalf of myself and the entire family thank you for all you support and prayers. Please keep Al and Allie in your prayers as well as Katie's mother and step father. Al will be intouch soon.

Our most heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the Johnsons.

You can read more about Katie here: Read more about it here: www.ForKatie.org and here www.Heartofanempire.com. You can also read Jay from Heart Of An Empire's blog.

I'm still planning on donating the money to this cause as the Johnsons no doubt still have many medical and now, funeral expenses to pay. It's a sad day for the members of the 501st and Fan Force.

2. Darth_Mordus

Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I second that. As a father myself I know that, were I in their situation, I would greatly appreciate the gesture and kindness.

3. LapsusDeHeaven

LapsusDeHeaven Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    I third that motion, true Ive never been a father but I know the pain of losing a loved one, Im all for it, once the new job gets underway Ill donate myself.

4. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I fourth the motion...

5. Nikana-

Nikana- Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    This is copied from the Guestbook at forKatie.org. My only regret is that I neglected to mention it was the DVD release I was talking about.

Date: 8-12-2005
    Author: Liz Friess
    As sad as we all are about losing Katie, we feel a little warmer knowing that there is a new angel and a brighter spot in heaven with her being there.

Myself and the members of Darksaber Jedi Knights: Springfield, MO Fan Force would like to convey our deepest condolences to Katie's family and friends. Her smile touched so many people around the world and she'll never be forgotten.

My club was going to have a bake sale and raffle to coincide with the release of Star Wars Episode III with half the proceeds going to Kisses for Katie and half to the MDA (which is where I work). I'm still going on with these plans and I will be honored to make the donation to the Make-A-Wish Foundation in Katie's name and will continue to do so with any charity event we hold.

Our love and prayers are with you.

Liz Friess
    City Representative
    Darksaber Jedi Knights: Springfield MO Fan Force

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.