main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sad to See The SW Hoopla Wind Down

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by SHAD0W-JEDI, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002

I am sure there is a thread that has touched on this... I searched but didn't find a good match... so I apologize to you Thread-wranglers out there.

I was in BK today, and by luck of the draw .... or the will of the Force ;) got the breathing Vader figure AND the Obi-Wan figure, both of which I was after... and I was reflecting how much I am going to miss this "last hoorah" for SW. I know there are plenty out there who are sick of SW merchandising, but I honestly had a blast over this summer, with the lightsaber spoons ... the 7-11 Vader cup heads and Yoda slushee bowls... the SW stickers in the chip bags... and yes, the way cool BK toys. I found the "extra" DVD that came wit the soundtrack to be a real rarity... a "bonus" that actually felt like it WAS a bit of 'payback' to the fans. It was a really fun surprise to hear that BK was bringing the toys back one more time, to coincide with the DVD release, and I have had a great time dropping by BK on my way in to work and seeing which of the figures I might end up with.

I guess what I am trying to say here, badly, is that I really enjoyed the last big SW "party" over this last year, and I have a feeling I will look back on the last six-eight months with a lot of affection for all the SW tie-ins that popped up. Again, I know I may be in a distinct minority in saying that, with the feelings some have about merchandising. But any time you can stop off on your way in to the ...UGH...office, get a BK Kids Meal Breakfast and get a SD "Sound Effects" Vader to sit on your desktop... or a Mace Windu or Yoda "Jedi with Magic Eight Ball Action" figure to advise you on your tough decisions... ;) well, for SW fans, hard to get better than that, no?

Hopefully, for nostalgia's sake, we will see something like this in the future...maybe on the Xth anniversary of SW...

Shadow

BookExogorth likes this.
  2. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Nah - The SW TV series is definitely happening.
    It doesn't sound that great to me on paper but, when it comes around, spoiler season starts all over again, and I can't wait.
    I kind of caught the AOTC frenzy from afar, but ROTS was the first time actually got "actively involved" by joining these boards.
    And it was quite a ride.
    It'll be cool to do it all over again.
    Even if it is not for a SW film, but for a TV show.

SW is far from dead - it survived 14 years in the wilderness, it can survive for a lot longer.
    There's no way I'm getting any less interested in the saga anytime soon...

BookExogorth likes this.
  3. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    oh there will be more with the 3D versions and the new series and stuff! oh and I am one of those thread wranglers, but I have not the strength to redirect [face_mischief]

4. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I rather enjoy it. There was temptation to buy WAY too much crap over the past 6 years. Now I have all 6 DVD's, all 6 soundtracks, all 6 "Art Of" books, all 6 framed posters, some computer games and some Kotobukiya statues. I can die happy, the saga is complete. I wont miss seeing huge Star Wars banners and displays all over Walmart and Target, but I will miss the huge crowd we have enjoyed here at theforce.net. It will be sweeter now whenever we get a new game or book, kind of like the mid-90's. Most people will move on to the next big trilogy or sci-fi/fantasy/epic/action craze, but I was honestly TRYING NOT TO DIE over the past year, so that I could see ROTS. Good times.

5. prefontaine

prefontaine Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005

Plus we'll have the PT special editions to dissect when the bearded one decides that there are scenes in the movies that didn't quite match his "vision," so I'm sure the 6 film series is far from finished.

6. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
  7. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    "Soon, night must fall. For that is the way of things"

- O_F

8. bariss

bariss Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2003
    Bravo!:)

9. Get_in_Gear

Nov 29, 2004
    Well, McCallum has suggested that the Star Wars films will all be released theatrically in a 3D format, in consecutive years.
    That's at least six more years of SW to get excited about somewhere down the line.
    ...Unless the plans are just for the OT at this juncture.

Still, count me in on that hoopla either way.

:)

10. JediChris12

JediChris12 Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2005
    The more appropriate question is, when will the bearded one decide to begin work on Episode VII?

11. strider24

strider24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    I'm always a little bit disappointed when the hype dies down. You get so pumped up for it, so naturally when it's over you are a little sad. But, it's only healthy to get a little bit of a break from it. Well at least for me, anyways I need to step back sometimes and then in a matter of time I can enjoy it again. We do all have a lot to look forward to in the not so distant future. I'm personally hoping for a prequel to the prequels, since I don't know how a 7-9 trilogy could be made without recasting pretty much everybody...

12. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005

Stay away from Supershadow.com my friend. To a dark place his reasoning will lead you.

13. strider24

Jul 23, 2005
    Will do, I've been warned already! I'm still relatively new around here, and wasn't in the know that such topics were taboo!

14. Darth_Sidious-

Darth_Sidious- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Lets not forget that it survived 14 long years simply because we all knew it had a huge future of 3 more movies but Star Wars isn't over yet. Sure, the buzz has winded down now that the saga of I-VI is over but we still have much to look forward to. A live action show coming next year and every film re-released in theaters in 3D format. As much as I love Star Wars, it will die down one day, maybe not entirely but it won't be as huge as it was. I think it'll still be going good for another 10 years.

15. halfwits-r-us

Mar 27, 2005
    no not the topics just the man! supershadow is a lying sack of [face_monkey] poo! The lies he spreads on his website, although tempting, are truly the darkside, you'd be wise not to go there, and if you do, write him a nasty note or just don't pay any heed to what he writes.

16. strider24

Jul 23, 2005
    There's my inexperience showing right there, I was reading the above and thought it was for me. I was warned about supershadow in another forum, pretty harshly.

17. Darth_Sidious-

Nov 14, 2005
    A prequel to the prequels? They'd still have to recast everyone, Obi Wan would be a boy, Qui Gon/Neeson is now too old. The only thing I'd be really looking forward to with a prequel to the prequels would be more on Darth Maul.

18. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    Yeah, a lot of people hate him because when they were new to the net and Star Wars they came accross him and fell for his lies. Don't take those posters personal though. They're just trying to keep others from doing the same ;)

19. halfwits-r-us

Mar 27, 2005
    strider24,

well don't pay attention to the harsh tone just know that it is harsh for your own good. We don't like supershadow, in fact no one in the star wars universe does, cause he's a fraud. At times even the shadow himself has posted as a sock on these forums, so therefore the harshness, is just to make sure that you aren't the shadow and that if you are that you are not welcome. So just don't mention him strider24 and use the search button to look up old threads or check the first few pages before posting a new thread topic and you'll be cool in my book.

20. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    The "prequels to the prequels" are basically something some are speculating on as far as... I guess basically a Knights of the Old Republic. It would take place hundreds of years ago when Yoda was a Padawan and would show how the Sith were wiped out back then. Well... almost anyway. That's what I've overheard people asking for anyway.

21. Darth_Sidious-

Nov 14, 2005
    Some of the stuff there is clearly lies, like the script for Episode 7-9. But he also has some things there that seem plausible. Like the Midichlorian Count, but I think thats lies he made up too.

22. strider24

Jul 23, 2005
    Thank you all for the kind warning and tips. I've heard that name so many times before I was just curious, so I posted a topic about it. It was quickly locked and shut down. I had visited his site, and as interesting as some of it was, I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculous claims I found. I was just wondering what everybody else knew, since certain info from that site appears from time to time in some of the posted comments and topics.

23. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    Yeah, DarthSinister, the man when it comes to anything with quotes (even EU) has already said that there is nothing official on the Midichlorian counts. In my research I have found nothing either. In fact, I asked on his sight why Grievious had a count when he isn't force sensitive. No answer shockingly :eek:

24. strider24

Jul 23, 2005
    Yeah, I was referring to a Knights of the Old Republic trilogy, not really a prequel to the prequels I guess. Poorly worded, my bad.

25. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    Oh don't get me wrong. I'd be in tears of joy if it happened, but GL takes every opportunity he can to let everyone know that he's done so I'm not getting my hopes up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.