main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sad to See The SW Hoopla Wind Down

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by SHAD0W-JEDI, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I say it`s good because it seperates the real fans from the posers.Star Wars will never truly go away from the spotlight.It has too large of a fan base and home video allows it to grow.

2. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    It was a VERY Star Wars Christmas at our house to CRZA with my 7 y/o, too.

...and he was thrilled.

My son's letter to Santa:

[image=http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8092/swxmas10nt.jpg]

3. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    thats gotta be one of the most adorable things ive ever seen.

but where in the heck is palpatine?!?!?!

4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Star Wars is Forever -- it isn't just marketing copy, or a nice tagline, it's the truth. There is no way that great, popular movies will just somehow be forgotten. No great movie is. People still watch Citizen Kane today and still love it. There has never been a fan base, though, because it's just a movie, it isn't a phenomenon like Star Wars, there isnt' some universe that Citizen Kane created or collectibles or novels ;)

Star Wars will always be around. Will there always be a huge amount of hoopa on forums and all kinds of products all over? Of course not! But we'll all still be fans. Do you think in 50 years, if you're still alive, you'll have forgotten Star Wars or stopped watching it? If you say yes, I'd argue you're not a fan right now. We'll all be enjoying Star Wars for many decades to come, and if any of you have kids already or in the future, you'll have your kids watch Star Wars, and new generations will continue to enjoy it. There will always be a die-hard group of loyalists to keep Star Wars alive. It is not The Matrix or something, which has already faded and never really had an actual fan base, it is much more like Lord of the Rings, which has had fans for many decades and will still have fans for many more, i.e. forever, as people continue to enjoy the books and the movies. You don't need new LOTR movies, you just need people who appreciate great filmmaking and they will find the movies and become new fans. Same goes with Star Wars.

The TV shows will help keep Star Wars very much alive, however. I can't wait for the live-action TV series, I think it'll rock.

As long as there are still fans, there will always be Star Wars products and novels, though, because there is money in it. If all we had is new novels, I'm sure many people would make do. I don't read the novels now, but I wouldn't rule that out one day, it's a great way to keep the Star Wars universe alive anyway.

5. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    I saw ROTJ in 1983 when I was 14 years old. Here I am a 36 year old man having finally seen ROTS. Then, as now, a great chapter of film history has closed. At least now, we know there is more activity on the horizon (new TV shows, 3D releases, HD releases, more tweaking of the films). You never know, George Lucas may decide in 15 years to go back to the GFFA and open a new chapter, and all you guys who are 14 years old now will look back like I am now.

For now, it's over. But you never know what can happen in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.