main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Saddest Clone Wars Death?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Wookiee, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Definitely Waxer. That whole sequence from the Umbara arc was powerful but seeing a clone we'd gotten to know so well caught up in it made it that much more so. Satine's death wasn't as emotional for me because I expected it, if that makes any sense.

Contessa and Revanfan1 like this.
  2. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I kind of forgot about Kalifa when I first answered, but damn did you remind me. Her death is definitely *way* up there.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Every time I see 99 mentioned, that Toto song from 1980 plays in my head.

...alright, the death was sad.

Obimus Primobi likes this.
  4. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    We have a new contestant.
    Fives.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  5. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    That's one of the things I really liked about Maul was that he showed concern for Savage. Sidious never does. Granted, I didn't like him slaughtering those kids in an earlier episode, but I liked that he cared for his fellow Zabrak.

6. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Savage for me, but I'd also like to mention Steela's death. Though it was clear the moment they were on that cliff, I was still somewhat stunned when it happened. The scene was handled very well IMO (the gunship in the background aiming while they're still oblivious, camera perspective, the muffled sound...) Loved the choir. Also it's pretty mean to fall to your death.

Paparazzo and Darthmaul208 like this.
  7. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999

Amen to that, brother.

Zabrak 3 likes this.
  8. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    WAIT WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT [revoked name]

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

9. DarthZotte

DarthZotte Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2014
    To me, the saddest deaths in the show was (SPOILER) Five's death and Satine's death. What's yours?

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The saddest death to me was definitely my favorite TCW original character: Savage Opress. I think it was already strongly implied that his mind was transformed along with his body because in the very same episode he goes to every length to save his brother's life before and then kills him on command without hesitation immediately after, but when he dies and goes back to being his real self for a moment he makes it certain that he was not in control of himself. It's hard to get sadder than that. Imagine the small part of his mind that was still his true self at the moment he killed his brother or the Padawan.

11. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    In light of the "Lost Missions", I think I'll have to change my vote to ARC Trooper CT-5555 "Fives". Boy, was his death tragic and emotional.

Outside of Captain Rex, you can argue there was no other clone trooper who we've gotten to know more than Fives. We watched his story as he began as a humble clone cadet and part of the iconic five-man Domino Squad. We saw him survive his first mission on the moon of Rishi while many of his brothers, including three other members of Domino Squad, fell around him. We watched him defend his homeworlda world whose inhabitants would ultimately reject himand become an ARC Trooper. We watched him witness the (apparent) death of his best friend, Echo. We saw him reject the orders of corrupt Jedi general Pong Krell and in defying orders, help inspire Rex and the other clones of the 501st to rebel against the deranged Jedi. Finally, in his last arc, we witness his desperate attempts at getting to the bottom of a sinister conspiracy against his Jedi generals, and while he was close to discovering the truth, his words would tragically fall on deaf ears. Defying his creators in order to get to the bottom of the conspiracy, he is ultimately killed by one of his own, another clone.

What's most powerful about Fives' death is the fact that it was ultimately in vain. That was inevitable, because we know the Jedi could never discover the true secret of Order 66 until it was much too late. Anakin never saw fit to believe a word Fives uttered about the conspiracy at the highest levels of the GAR, and Rex wasn't around to see or hear the evidence Fives wanted to present, but was likely influenced by a drug-addled brain. That's the inherent tragedy of it. The story was written in such a way that I'm sure many of us were pulling for Fives to succeed, even though we knew in the back of our minds what the final outcome had to be. Rex's emotional response to Fives definitely helped sell the scene for me, as well as Kiner's moving score. It was a fitting tribute to a clone we've grown to care about when the shock troopers took off their helmets and encircled the fallen Fives.

His final words are most stirring:

"Rex, this is bigger than any of us, bigger than anything I could've imagined. All I ever meant to...I only wanted to do my duty. The missionthe nightmaresthey're finallyover." :_|

R.I.P. Fivesyou were more than just a numberand the rest of Domino Squad (since we'll likely never get the new Echo story, I'll assume he's still dead). MTFBY.

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I agree. Fives' death moves to the top for me.

CoolyFett and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  13. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Either Fives or Echo for me. Echo never really got a chance, he was loyal and died fighting for what he believed in. and it's good it stayed that way.

I'm looking at you Filoni.

Revanfan1 and QuangoFett like this.
  14. Darth Wookiee

Nov 29, 2013
    Echo=Trench?
    Filoni?

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    No, Filoni=Embo. Get your maths right. ;)

16. MaulLover1313

MaulLover1313 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2014
    For me the saddest Clone Wars deaths are:
    10. Pre Vizsla
    9. Hardcase
    8. Adi Gallia
    7. Steela
    6. Savage
    5. Clovis
    4. Tup
    3. Waxor
    2. Fives
    1. Satine

17. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    I take it you are a fan of Adi Gallia? I say that because her on screen death was pretty uninspiring. The ony way it was even acknowledged was when Hondo asked Kenobi where the other Jedi was and he replied "she's dead" with a semi-sad look on his face. Not even a moment of slience.

18. MaulLover1313

MaulLover1313 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2014
    It is not an official list just a starter list I came up with. It will probably change.

19. Darth Wookiee

Nov 29, 2013
    Fives, all the way.

20. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014
    Fives, easily. The only death in the series that got me even close to tearing up. Satine and Savage both had sad deaths, and I've got a special place in my heart for Hardcase, but CT-5555 is definitely the saddest for me.

Sgt Crowfield and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm containing my surprise on that one. ;) :p

22. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

What really did it for Fives was the sheer buildup of it all. It wouldn't have had nearly as much impact had those episodes not come before, showing you all the effort he put in (Which you knew was going to be pointless in the end) Still has me depressed.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I feel like Fives' death was the dumbest. The other clones could easily have put their blasters on stun, there was no reason to kill him.

Anybody have any thoughts on most shocking or surprising death? I don't feel like making a separate thread but I'm curious about peoples' thoughts.

To me the most surprising death was definitely the Father in Ghosts of Mortis. I didn't see it coming at all, it had me sitting up straight with my eyes wide and jaw slack.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    At the time I thought Krell's death was pretty shocking. I figured someone would knock him out or stun him, but a lethal blast at that point seemed like the least likely thing to happen. Sure, they were going for a lethal shot when they initially confronted him, but here they had him captive. He couldn't get away.

Looking back, though, I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised, especially given the Order 66 foreshadowing earlier on in the arc.

Revanfan1 and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  25. CT-5555

CT-5555 Jedi Padawan

Mar 13, 2014

To be fair, they all believed he had attempted to assassinate the Chancellor, and he did raise a weapon against them. Even then, though, if they did set their blasters to stun...he still would have been terminated at another time; no way Palpatine would let him live.