main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Saddest Clone Wars Death?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Wookiee, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, Krell would probably be my number two on the list. Not so much that he died but the way it happened. And with both deaths I probably was more surprised than I should have been. :p

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't Fox personally tasked by the Chancellor to find Fives? He was most likely told to shoot on sight.

Anyhow, for me it's a tie between Fives and Satine. I really can't pick between them. Seeing Fives deteriorate after him being so strong-willed since Rookies (or Clone Cadets ;)) is pretty heartbreaking to watch, but then we have Obi-Wan's face as Satine professes her love for him before passing.

Both were characters who had a strong sense of morality, and fought all their life for what they felt was the right thing to do. To see them both effectively fail in their goals (Fives attempting to warn the Jedi of Order 66 and Satine attempting to maintain pacifism in this time of conflict, and avoid Republic invasion) because of the machinations of the Sith... it's pretty damn sad.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I suppose Palpatine could have said that but if that was the reason they should have showed it in my opinion. They have stunned plenty of people on the show. It seems they would need some reason to kill him even if it was totally farcical and perfunctory.

4. 16hungm

16hungm Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2014
    Mine is Thorn. It was sooo sad that he made a last stand defending an undeserving Republic. He was just a pawn, but a pawn that valiantly tried his best in a game that would most likely kill him

Revanfan1 and Todd the Jedi like this.
  5. Jaster's Legacy

Jaster's Legacy Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2014
    #1 Waxer - Such a good soldier who didn't get near enough screen time, I was most sad at his death.

#2 Satine - The whole scene of Satine dying was one of the most beautiful scenes in the whole show.

#3 Fives - Fives was the heart of this show, and he died with everyone he ever loved (except those who had already died) thinking he was crazy. The worst way to go for the greatest clone in the show.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I was pretty sure Krell was going to die, but I admit my jaw dropped when it happened. Partially because of the unexpected timing, and partly because of who pulled the trigger. For my part, I was expecting Fives to be the one who shot him, because it didn't seem in Rex's character. But I totally was not expecting Dogma of all the clones to gun him down. I wonder what happened to that guy; last we see, he was being carted away by the other clones in stun cuffs onto a gunship.

7. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Satine. It was quite heartwrenching.

The deaths of the Ones choked me up a little too.

8. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    It probably comes down to a three-way draw for me between Waxer, Satine, and Fives.

9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Seems to be the general consensus.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    "The true cost of war can never truly be accounted for." - Innocence of Ryloth. Vote for Waxer.

11. Ryu Soma

Ryu Soma Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2014
    Very hard to define who have the saddest death.

Hevy's death hit me pretty hard, cause it was the first time in the serie I really cared about a clone. And when he said "I know what I have to do", I was like "no, no no, please don't do this!". This emotional aspect was reinforced by Rex and the other clones asking him to answer back. "Rookies" was the episode that really got me into Clone Wars.

Waxer's was hard too. I remember first time I saw "Innocence of Ryloth" and him saying goodbye to the girl. I was wondering how long he would survive. I didn't expect him to make it for season 4, but the way he died... argh! If at least, it was against CIS, but no, he got tricked and died fighting his own brothers...

But Fives' death,, oh the feelings... :_| I was about to cry. Fives is one of the toughest clone, and you see him become desperate, getting close to madness. And how he died, the tension, Fox shouting "don't do it soldier!", Fives trying to defend himself in a forlorn attempt to take Rex guns. And how he said "I only wanted to do my duty" oooh the feelings... Fives's death was hand down the saddest in my opinion.

Others clones had really sad deaths too, I made a video about that just after watching Season6

Sorry for the advertisement, but this shows exactly what deaths had the most impact on me.

This series made me care about the Clones, and that's why I find their deaths being more sad.(I don't remember in which episode, but I remember a clone saying to Padme "With all due respect, we were made for that..." and that was depressing to think a human being could be created for the sole purpose of fighting and dying in war but that's another debate!)

But well... Satine's death was very depressing, her final words, Obiwan's face, the music...
    I liked Pre Vizla and I knew he was going to die, but it was sad too. (Especially Bo-Katan eyes at that moment) Season 5 is my favourite season for all those deaths (Gregor/Steela/ even Savage Opress who was my favourite villain) and Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order (which is the death of her dreams...)

That's one thing I really appreciate in Clone Wars overall, all those death sequences. Even though it wasn't perfect and some Domino Squad members had stupid deaths, but overall, it was really good.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh good one. I forgot how unexpectedly sad Vizsla's death was. Not for Vizsla but for Bo-Katans heavy reaction.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Agreed. The death itself wasn't sad (though I did feel a bit of pity for Vizsla, seeing how far he'd fallen, from ruling Death Watch to being massacred by a Sith Lord after having to accept the help of he and an army of underworld scum) but Bo-Katan's reaction and the immediate aftermath were definitely well-played. Especially the emotion in Bo's voice when she says "You're all traitors!"

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Does it seem like Bo-Katan might have been in love with Vizsla? That smirk early in the episode when he reassured her everything will be alright. Its seemed over a couple episodes like there was a spark there that some something other than patriotism. Bo put on a mad face to hide behind in the fight and seemly had one of the heaviest reactions to date to a death. It made the moment a little sadder since otherwise I felt nothing for Vizsla. What goes around, comes around.

ColemanKcajFTW and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I think it's possible that they were lovers, yes. Never outright stated, but that has been a common opinion even since her first appearance in Season 4.

16. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    I've always read Bo-Katan as a lesbian, personally. Something about her interactions with Ahsoka in "A Friend In Need".

Her feelings for Vizsla always seemed much more like zealotry than romance.

As for the saddest death in the series? For me, it's got to be Satine, though there were a lot of really sad moments throughout the show. Most recently, Fives; rest in peace, soldier. I always tell myself not to get attached to clones, but it never fails.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I never saw it that way, though I guess it could be inferred. Guess it's open to personal interpretation given they never gave us a canonical statement of "Yes, they were in a relationship" or not.

18. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    All my clones. Fives, Waxer, Echo - in that order. I hope they're up there in Clone Heaven.

Satine was sad but that was mostly for Obi-Wan - she herself didn't do much for me.

Viszla... I thought it was a very good death, for him.

Edit: GREGOR. Goddamn. I actually thought for a good few seconds that they were going to swing around and pick him up. Oh my feels.

Revanfan1 and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  19. deathraygun

deathraygun Jedi Knight star 3

May 8, 2014
    I thought the Zygerrian Queen, Scintel, was close to being potent, only because I wondered if Anakin was influencing her towards the end, and would've been able to force her to see the error of her ways. So I guess I saw potential, especially in the defiance of Dooku.

20. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    I would've posted here...but you about covered it. Thanks! :D

21. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Glad I could help ;)

22. RandomGuardian

RandomGuardian Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    Waxer and Fives, hands down.

Waxer was sent to fight what he assumed were the enemy and died knowing that dozens of his brothers were dead because someone they thought they could trust with their lives had sent them there to die. Fives discovered the secret and tried to warn everyone and could only be seen as a lunatic on the run who had tried to murder the Supreme Chancellor, he died confused and afraid grabbing for that gun because he couldn't think straight. We all knew that only ended one way, and yet we still held out hope that maybe something would change.

23. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    This.

He was a very minor character in the scheme of the series, but there was no more touching final moments than his.

Saddest is more the lack of death for the one that didn't occur that should have. Ahsoka'.

24. Aeneas 1138

Aeneas 1138 Jedi Knight star 1

May 1, 2014
    Satine. I shall never forget her final words: "Remember, my dear Obi-Wan: I've loved you always; I always will". It was not just sadness at Satine's passing but sadness for Obi-Wan. The look on Obi-Wan's face and Satine's words reminded us what could have been - had Satine "said the word", all those years ago.

Tarpals's heroic sacrifice was truly saddening, also.

Iron_lord and Circular Logic like this.
  25. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011