main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Safe (Luke w/mentions of Callista and Mara)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lukemaraben, Sep 17, 2012.

1. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Title: Safe
    Time frame: Darksaber
    Disclaimer: I don't own SW's or these characters!

Safe

She wanted to see me!

It shouldn’t mean that much to me, but it does. Mara Jade actually admitted to wanting to see me! She went out of her way to see me. She could have just sent a message about the Hutts to me.

Come off it. There is no reason I should be so happy over this. I saw her and Callista talking earlier. I hope Mara was jealous, just a bit…

Wait. Why would Mara be jealous? Maras a friend, why do I hope she’s jealous even a little?

Secretly, I had been hoping she’d come to visit for a while now. I would find myself wondering what she was up too…

There is something so easy about being with her. It’s not like the strain I feel with Callista.

Mara is just Mara.

She says my name like it’s a curse. I let her. She thinks I’m vain and conceited. I just smile relishing the fact there is still someone who could care less about all my accomplishments and just treat me like a person not the Jedi Master.

If only she knew how much her sharp tongue can clear up questions I have like nothing else. I would be scared to ever let her know. It’s so much easier to let her think that I have it all figured out. Safer.

As much as I love Callista, I can’t help but wonder if I let myself could I feel this way towards Mara? Something tells me I could, and it would be so easy to let myself.

That’s why I’ll never let her see how much her visit today meant. That’s why I stay the Jedi Master around her. Calm, collected, and seemingly in-human it’s probably not right, but then again if she can have her mask why can’t I?

Because I know if Mara were to reject me…I’m not sure I would ever be able to live again.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Welcome! And woot! I like the I'm with Callista but I really am pining after Mara [face_dancing] I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was happening ;) I'd adore it if this continued post Callista leaving - buya! [face_laugh] and Luke finding out firsthand that Mara is hot - in several ways [face_laugh] [face_mischief] as in: better, best, bestest in all ways - emotionally Force-wise and getting it on with a zing! way! As in - rock his world Mara Jade LOL

Ahem... my reputation probably proceeds me - I love mush. I eat it for breakfast. [face_rofl]

~Jade_eyes

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Luke, you are an idiot. This is why it is going to take ten years and a Force intervention to get the girl. Dump the cradle robbing, bodysnatching, Force-reanimated corpse and ask Mara out!

I love this viggie! Well done!

kataja likes this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Loved this! I cant wait for more from you!

5. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Sounds like Luke's got it bad! Great viggie!

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I totally see this happening. Well done!@};-

7. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Great viggie, LMB! Spot on! Though I guess that in canon, Luke wouldn't have been this much in contact with his own emotions :p

=D==D==D=

8. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks, for the reviews!

9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Luke should have asked her out YEARS ago.

And Callista doesn't completely go away! She's gets absorbed by that monster from FotJ and Luke apparently insisted in setting her free without much thought for everyone else that had been absorbed.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. jedi1952

jedi1952 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 15, 2007
    Interesting story. I always wondered what was going through Luke's head when Mara and Callista had their little "meeting" at the acadamy.