main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Safeguard" (Post-NJO: 5 years).... ANNOUNCEMENT 1/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediWarriorYoda, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    This could be a one-post or it could eventually be more I don't know... Over the summer I tried to rewrite my old story, give it a new spark, but that didn't happen. But after reading the newest NJO book I got a spark of inspiration... who knows what I'll do with this, but I thought I'd go ahead and post it....There most likely, probably without a doubt will be more of this, it'll be one of those things when I'm tired of reading for my loads of classes I'll do another post type thing...

?I heard you,? she whispered.

He frowned at this. ?What do you mean??

?In my dream, I heard your voice. I heard what you said.?

Her smile filled him with incredible warmth, and he realized the sentiments that he had expressed to her earlier were being reciprocated. She didn?t have to say anything; he just knew from that smile that she loved him too.

-Force Heretic III: Reunion

"Safeguard"

Drip. Drip. Drip. The faucet was broken. The incessant sound only burned him more.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

He growled, dipping his hand further into the boiling pot. His upper lip quivered as the heat penetrated the dead skin on the tips of his fingers and moved up his arm. He waited. And waited.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

For five long years he had waited. For five years, time had been his only companion. And pain.

At one time he had looked down at pain, had seen it as a weakness, now he welcomed it. Pain was the only thing keeping him alive. He shuddered at the creeping notion that his time had finally come.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Curling his fingers in the brooding liquid, he quarantined the shooting twinge of heat by gritting his yellow teeth. A deep rumbling erupted from his throat as he drew his hand from the bucket.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Water ran down his arm and splashed off his elbow. He flung his arm violently, shaking the droplets off. Extending his fingers, he curled them back into a fist, testing the endurance of the new hand. A slow, crooked smile tugged at his dry lip.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

He was healed and at his peak. But he would have to wait longer. It was only a matter of time before he could strike. Before he could play out his revenge. He could wait; he had for five years.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

He threw a threatening scowl at the machine.

Drip. Drip.

Acidic bile rose against the back of his throat; narrowing his eyes, he stood up from his chair. Drip. His arm twitched; he gripped the silver neck with all his strength. Drip. Drip. The sound of twisted metal echoed in the room.

He was tired of waiting.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A soft melody was playing in the background; a concerto of the flutes from a planet that she knew she should know, but the name eluded her. She leaned back in the cushioned chair, closing her eyes and letting the soft notes lull her. Her spine creaked as she let first one ear hit a shoulder and then the other; she moaned at the expected knot in her muscles.

Reaching out with one finger, she aimlessly pressed the play button again. His deep baritone voice echoed in the room. ?Hey,? his voice sounded tired, but the affectionate tone he used with her was buried in the undertones, ?Sorry this is tardy. But things have been busy on this side of the galaxy. Father seems to think that the squadron is progressing nicely. I think that they would improve ten-fold if I was commanding it.?

She chuckled at his self-delusions; she smiled as his voice picked up again. ?I wish this could be longer, but I don?t have the time. And I know this doesn?t compare to your holo clips, but audio is going to have to suffice.? Casually, she chewed on her lower lip, imagining him standing staunch in front of the recorder, stealing a few precious moments to record this message for her. She heard him clear his throat over the audio clip. ?I miss you. I know I don?t say it enough and you probably think me the proper Imperial fodder. And that I?m stiff a

2. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    *tackles JWY*

A fantastic beginning! I'm so happy that you're writing again! :D

The first part was chilling. I loved how vague it was, and how it was impossible to tell exactly what he was doing. I can't wait to find out more about that character. What a great way to hook your readers... Already with the suspense. :p

You know my feelings about mush, but I have to say, I think you captured the dynamic between Jaina and Jag quite well. It's wasn't overdone or maudlin at all; it was short and sweet. I love how you write Jag! You have his formal but still affection tone down so wonderfully, I can just hear him in my mind. His and Jaina's relationship seems very amusing and loving. I'll be interested to see more.

And I'm thrilled to see that my baby made a cameo in this first post. :D You can never have too much Jacen. ;) I'll be eagerly anticipating more of him.

Why does Jaina have Ben? Am I right in thinking that this is Luke and Mara's Ben, or am I just confused? And what's wrong with the Falcon? I hope nothing happened to Leia and Han; that would devestate the twins.

Wow, I'm so excited that you've started this. It's absolutely wonderful so far. Write more soon!! [face_love]

3. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **pulls LM off of Sara**

Now now, it's not polite to knock over the author. That's TheBiggerFish's job. :p

Awesome going, Sara! Nice to see you're writing again, like me :p Although I daresay, you're doing much better than me **sigh** I wish I could write like that :)

Awww, Jaina and Ben. My only objection is this: Jacen and Danni?? **hides under bed** :p

Can't wait to see where you're going with this!

4. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Hooray, people have read. And of course who better to have the first review than my dear friend, LM. I'm thrilled that you like the first part, it was something that I thought of when I couldn't fall asleep soemtime this summer. Well, you know I love mush, I can't help it if under my tomboy exterior I'm a hopeless romantic... but I didn't want to get all mushy in the first post. I'm really not sure were this will go but I'll try to keep the mush to a minimum. Of course Jacen is in this story.... the only thing is I don't know what I'm going to do with him. I think you ask too many questions that I'm not willing to answer right now... But I will say this: Yes the Ben in question is Luke and Mara's... However, all your other questions will have to wait.

And SOL, it's so lovely to see you again. Certainly long time no see on the boards. Thank you so much for your kind words. The thing about Jacen and Danni is I'm trying to follow canon as they have given us so far...

Sara

5. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    :)

anytime, Sara. While you're at it, read my story, please? :p

6. starwbabe

starwbabe Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    Wow that was amazing I loved it! But....what happened to Luke and Mara?!

Keep writing on this one I wanna hear what happens.
    Pretty please with sugar on top?

7. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    I read it and reviewed, SOL.... very interesting indeed.

Thanks Starwbabe, appreciate it. Hmm, Luke and Mara... I wonder what happened to them too.

8. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wow. This is really great!! :D Jag's an Admiral? :eek: Poor little Ben, having nightmares. :( What did you do to Luke and Mara? [face_scared] Jaina doesn't want to think about them. Umm. Did you kill them off?

9. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm interested, particularly because Ben is with Jaina! :eek: Oooooh, do continue! :)

Jae Angel

10. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    *squishes SOL*

I have been told that I ask too many questions. ;) I will wait quietly for the next post, then.

*claps hands over mouth*

Mmph!

11. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, the only reason Jag's an Admiral, Jaina_and_Jag, is because that's the only rank I know higher than Colonel, but lower than General. Thanks.

I think it's in one of the next few posts you see why Ben is with Jaina, Jae Angel.

You can ask questions, LM, it just doesn't mean I'm going to answer them because most likely I don't know the answer myself.

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Well, the only reason Jag's an Admiral, Jaina_and_Jag, is because that's the only rank I know higher than Colonel, but lower than General. Thanks.
    Admiral's lower than General? Hmm. I thought it was higher. Oh well.

13. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Admiral is higher than General. Though OPPM is higher than both of them :p Great story by the way.

14. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    I dunno anymore, Jaina_and_Jag... I didn't want him to be in the same rank for five years... does anyone know the rank above Colonel but below the top dog? Then I'll fix it....

15. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    I didn't want him to be in the same rank for five years... does anyone know the rank above Colonel but below the top dog?
    Hmm. I dunno. I'm not very good with the military rank thingys.

16. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks Dev_Binks for your help... And neither am I obivously Jaina_and_Jag.... I changed it to general though...

17. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    And neither am I obivously
    ;) I always have to ask about that stuff because it's all too confusing for my one-track mind. :p

18. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    This is wonderful, JWY! I can't wait to see what else you do with it!

*Your fellow Ritz Cracker*

19. Saber-of-Light

Jun 18, 2002
    In the Marines, I know that General is above COlonel...dunno about Star Wars.

I've nearly memorised part of the Navy rankings:

Lieutenant J.G.
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant Commander
    Commander
    Captain
    Rear Admiral Lower Half (1 star)
    Rear Admiral Upper Half (2 star)
    dunno-3 or 4 star

:p

I am weird- please don't ask... :p

Anyways, I am sad :( Please go to my thread for details...

20. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    In Star Wars, I think it goes Colonel, General, then Admiral...but there's alot of years in between...usually admirals are old guys...the same could be said for generals, only they're younger...

Anyways, it goes Ensign, Lieutenant, Major, Colonel, General, ...Captain if they are going to have command of a ship, like Piggy or whoever nearly did in the X-wing books.

Hope that helps!

~LtJS~

21. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
  22. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

*pokes head in* I like this story, I don't want to know what happened to luke and Mara, but i'm glad that jaina has ben. I can't wait for the next post!

23. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Wow! You didn't just hook me with that post, you reeled me in. That was fantastic. I love mystery and suspense. :)

Creepy guy in the beginning of the story. Hmmmn...could it be Nommie?

Jag and Jaina are so cute. [face_love] Why don't they get married already. I'm guessing because of Ben. And somehow Jaina is feeling responsible for Luke and Mara's death? Although you never said they died.

When Jaina heard the crash of metal I somehow thought the creepy guy was in her apartment. [face_shocked]

Wonderful start. I'll be following for sure. :D

BTW, I think Admiral and General are pretty much equal in rank, except Admiral is a Navy rank. I may be wrong.

24. no_krakana

no_krakana Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    *peeks in* ooooo good story..more?

25. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    very nice! great peice!

-jj00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.