main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA SAFF Costumed Group Photo

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by starfire-phoenix, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    There is such a thing ?? [face_worried] I walk my dogs thru that area most weekends, never had a problem. . .but if ya want, i see what i can find out.

2. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    I REALLY like those photo's Kooky, the many level one was REALLY good in my opinion :D

3. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    There are regulations sadly. But as you're passing through, I'm sure a blind eye would be turned. But if it's 15-20 people hanging around. That can be suspicious looking. I know we're not, but I'd prefer the public image of SAFF to be maintained by us getting permission first.

Go to it, kooky! :)

4. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    Well as usual, depending on the day i may or maynot be there

5. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Okay guys, my Lacrosse season has just recently started so i might not be able to do saturdays. Sudays are still cool though...

6. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Okay guys, my Football season has just been on for 5 rounds so i might not be able to do Sundays. Saturdays are still cool though

LOL quite the opposite of DV I am.... :p

7. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Well, the School Grounds are Public Propaty, and as long as we do not inter-fear with Sports that are played on saturday morning on teh oval (where we will be, a distance from the oval, it shoudl be no distractions.)

So there will be no troble. :D

8. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    bump de dll dump bump bump ba bump a dee. . .

9. REACTOR_DRONE

REACTOR_DRONE Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2005
    We may need to repave this thread....it's full of bumps.

;)

10. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    I think its best if we wait for the sunny weather to return ;)

11. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Good thinking 99! :p

12. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Some people might have full costumes by then.

Might. ;)

13. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    ... or beards! ;)

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Or skinnier......hey, I can dream!:p

15. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Me too ... err ... of me being skinnier ... not you, A-D! :p

16. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Is it time to start thinking about this again? It seems that the weather is hard to predict at every time of the year, but we can certainly try our best.

How about we aim for February or March???

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wont we all have costumes at teh Relay? Thats in March and the oval there has lovely backgrounds.....thoughts?

18. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Well, I hope so, but from memory, not everyone will be able to make the Relay. Although we will end up with some great photo opportunities there.

This is to get everyone in costume, in one pic at the same time. Is 4 months enough notice people?? because if you are really not interested, please tell me now, and I wont waste anyone's time by trying to organise it.

Wait, I will do a poll.

19. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Thoughts?

It seems getting a group photo at any particular event where people are in costume (i.e. Norwood) is always difficult as people are busy getting ready for whatever it is they are there to do. So an event specifically to get a photo is a good plan.

On the other hand the relay is one possibility as noone will be in a rush to go anywhere.

That being said, the best you can do is nominate a time and place, hope for good weather, and as many people as possible can make it. If it turns out a few can't make it for whatever reason then you have to live with that. Its like those photos in your school annual which names everyone and then those absent :)

So not being able to get everyone is no reason not to do it.

Can I also suggest that even those without costumes still participate. We can take a costumed group shot and then a SAFF group picture.

I'm still interested Starfire. A poll with a few dates would be a good start to narrow down the choice. I'd suggest a Sunday afternoon as when most people would be free.

Then there is the question of a venue. The pics you did for Novus Ordo in the gardens looked good. Somewhere with a slope or steps to get everyone in would be best. Places which spring to mind are outside the palm house. Although somewhere less trafficed might be better. A grandstand at a local oval? Unley?

20. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    I know we may unfortunately miss out on a few people, but some of those may not want to participate (which is fine), and some of them may just not be able to make it.

I should have said everyone who wants to, because I know a few may miss out for various reasons (though hopefully not!).

Back on page one I said:

People who dont want to be there in costume are most certainly welcome :) But we would like to get at least one awesome picture of everyone in costume as well that says 'This is SAFF and these are our costumes'. I don't want anyone to feel excluded, hence the offer to loan costumes if anyone wants them or to don your SAFF merchandise for one giant group pic :)

The palmhouse looks excellent! I haven't even thought about dates just yet. Just want to see if people really want to do this or not.

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    As long as the dates suit, I will attempt to find a suitable costume. ;)

22. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Just thinking, its almost inevitable, some one wont make it for some reason. But would it be possible to photo shop that person in some how?
    We have fantastic photo shop artist, it shouldn't be that hard? BUT its still no excuses to miss out going.

23. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Adobing someone in is easy, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.