main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA SAFF CR Election 08 - Questions Time - Candidates to Answer only please.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Ah! I see. Well someone has to keep a level head.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm trying....

3. Darth_Rhadei

Darth_Rhadei Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2008
    Alright guys. I'm going to help Addie out here.

Everyone, just back up a sec and read the crap that most of this thread has in it.
    Its all history, and past dwelling. This thread is SUPPOSED to be about the future of SAFF
    and for the Chapter Representative contenders for 09, can showcase what they envision SAFF
    continue on for the next year.

Not to dwell on the past, previous mistakes and other dribble.
    Seriously, stay positive - Think ahead, not behind.

4. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    You do leave yourself open to the one liners, don't you :p

5. starcoll1

starcoll1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2008
    And in those years did you ever have a corporate sponsor If i am to go through Head office i need your portfolio for sponsorship???????
    I mean if we are talking about fundrasing events and alike i need to know if we are going to be professionally backed or walking off the street with an A4 resume????

6. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Starcoll, excessive use of the question mark isnt going to get your question across any faster mate :p

As for the SAFF having a form of resume or portfolio, I'm not sure that has anything to do with this election. A better question would be (directed at the candidates) "If you are elected, what plans would you have for creating a professional portfolio showcasing what SAFF as a group have accomplished, plan to accomplish, etc."

edit note: Of course we already have the costuming portfolio, but I assume Starcoll is referring to something that states what we do/have done rather than what we wear while doing so ;)

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I dont believe this is about that right now. This is questions and answers for the candidates. If one of the candidates is arranging something with you, then he needs to talk about it. As for sponsoring, we have tried in the past, I know I did. It's very hard to get people to support a Star Wars group as many consider us nuts. ;) The SAFF has always been for the members, and if we need to turn 'professional' to get sponsorship, then thats something the group as a whole will have to discuss as I believe there are many differing opinions on that subject. But please, lets keep this to questions and answers. And there's no need for so many ??, we get the picture. ;)

8. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    If a corporate sponsor wants to make donations then great. Or sponsor a convention in Adelaide. We've had individual's employers making significant donations to fundraising in the past. But if a corporate sponsor wants to start promoting Star Wars characters for its events, then we'll be having a delicate dance with the Lucasfilm lawyers.

We're not a fundraising organisation and the organisations we currently help out hold us in high regard. We help out because we enjoy doing it.

I'm not sure what's being proposed here? Is this related to a new CR?

9. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
    Nope. Its just good ol' randomness.

10. starcoll1

starcoll1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2008
    If we are talking about doing more events or fundrasing or even fantasy TV time or radio air time then we need corporate sponsors so we need people who Know what they are doing regarding obtaining this we need to show that we are not just a kiddy side show but that we also take our costumes and characters seriously and we need people who WILL NOT ALLWAYS PULL OUT AT THE LAST MINUTE "My moto and C.B.'s is if you are not going to do it, dont bother doing it at all, and if you are going to do it do it right!"
    So far the work M.S. has done is impressive.
    What are both of your expectations for the next year to come! What are both of you considering doing to acheive these goals???

11. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    Of course we also manged to secure significant prizes from Movie Maniacs, Adelaide Comic centre, Gamers Guild & Price Attack for the SAFF open day raffle. There was a lot of negotiations there and they weren't aggressive :p

I think SC1 is just looking to the future as to what SAFF might be involved in. It's a fair question. But it is pretty in depth & probably does need it's own thread at a later point if anything were to come of it. I'd love to possibly secure some corporate sponsorship, it might not be possible, but like I mentioned with the Open Day 09 thread, shoot for the stars, you never know where you'll end up. I did get responses from 3 large name guests :D

12. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
    I can understand the ambition, Coll.. but do we really need to go UBERLEETMASSIVEDESTRUCTOGLOBALSCALEFUNDRAISERMACHINEZ style on the worlds carcass?

This MEANT to be a social club for Star Wars fans. key words, STAR - WARS - FANS - SOCIAL CLUB
    Not having massive Corporation logos tattooed to our asses.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I agree with Master Skywalker, this discussion is for another thread and another time........move along, move along....nothing to see here.

14. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
    Indeed.

Alright, a question from mua.

- If elected, how do you propose to increase member numbers over the next year, as well as the promotion of SAFF as a STAR WARS SOCIAL CLUB?

15. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    A return to the gatherings that made SAFF a happy place to be! Being out and about in SAFF/SW shirts was no better advertisement of who we were. Many an enquiry was asked of us when we walking in and basically took over an eatery, or bowling alley, or laser skirmish venue, or go-karting track! :p

16. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    Taken from page 4 of MS's response... sorry was reading back

1)From strength to strength- more of the same from this year. Another Open Day hopefully, more costumed appearances & more social events. The thing is, not everyone will be able to go everything but with a number of choices hopefully there will be lots of good things for everyone.

2)At this point in time- nothing needs changing.

3)see above

4)There are a lot of FF's all around the world that are dying, almost coming to a complete stop,some even have been disbanded, yet SAFF in the last 12 months has actually increased membership, seems we must be doing something right there. Remember also that new members bring new members. Cho brings Widdle & also Darth Revan, Darth Radei brings Darth Ashara & so on. Original members will not be forgotten either, new members are not to supersede

17. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    We take our commitments to doing charity events seriously, but some times real life grabs you. And that the organisations we help out keep asking us back shows they know we take it seriously.

If pursuing corporate sponsorship is something the candidates intend, then I'd like to know more about what such sponsorship would entail. If were to be obligations on both sides, what are they? I don't think they'd extend to corporate tatoos :), but its obviously something more than going to Movie Maniacs and asking for a donation for a raffle. I don't doubt there'd be benefits for SAFF, so I'm curious.

18. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    ;)

19. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
    Lol, the corperate tattooe comment was my smartass remark.

I meant to say, our events should really be about the group, and not have "This SAFF event was brought to you by the letter S, and the Number 7 - Oh, and we SAFF members always eat at subway..."

I just couldn't bare being an advertising board.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Quin you are not asking a question, you seem to be answering them for one of the candidates. Please people, questions and answers, this is NOT a campaigning thread. If each candidate wants to 'run a campaign' then please, open threads to that effect. But lets keep this questions and answers.

21. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    Why is this years election more heated then last years? I certainly don't remember this much arguing last year. What's different

22. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    if Quin notices that someone has already posted something he's not allowed to say so? When did that start? That's acceptable behaviour in any thread

23. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    A question to the candidates:

If re/elected, what is your stance on formalising positions within SAFF? If for, state what positions you'd like to see brought into the group, and if against, state reasons why :)

24. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
    Because the Galactic Empire always wins. :)

25. Darth_Rhadei

Mar 15, 2008
    Good question. I'd like to add to that.
    I've noticed most of the events organized are easier for Southern members of SAFF (Other side of Adelaide) to get to.
    If you decide to "add more positions" would you consider making two event positions, one for Northern and Southern Members?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.