main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA SAFF Open Day - 16th March - Adelaide High

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] ... oh go oooooooonnn!! Do it, evil! :p

2. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    What the???

In any case.....

So the running sheet for the day is pretty straightforward. We all arrive from 8:30am onwards ? the earlier the better. Would be very much appreciated. There?s a lot to set up, from the dioramas and collectables displays, and we?ll need all the extra hands we can to help move the tables around, and get things ready. If we are ready early, then we can relax at least.

If you aren?t wearing a costume a SAFF shirt would be good!

Meanders, my notes say to start the BBQ around 11:30am. Does that sound right to you?

MS will have fan films running in the auditorium from 11:00am. Sean?s talk will start around 1:00pm, and will probably go for about an hour or so.

Evil ? what time do you want to do the quiz?

The doors will close at 3:00pm, and we?ll need all hands to help clean up and make sure everything is as we found it. With everyone helping, it shouldn't take long.

From the meetings, we have the following volunteers, and looks like you all have everything in hand.

Entrance & ticket sales ? Guri & Starcrusier
    BBQ ? Meanders & his helpers
    Cake Stall ? Addie
    Auditorium (fan films & Sean) ? Master Skywalker
    Diorama & lightsaber security ? Alf
    Costume display & security ? Starfire
    Book sale - Sabre
    Quiz - Evil Incarnate

My notes say that we have someone (Esther) to help sell the raffle tickets, yes?? Addie??

Remember, this is for the Cancer Council, so buy lots of drinks, raffle tickets, yummy cakes, and muffins, and chocolates? mmmmm. Support our teams!

Those of you who volunteered to bring costumes and things for the display, you know who you are. I think we'll have plenty for the day, including Chewbacca. lol

We don?t know how many people will brave the heat to come to our day, so it?s up to us to support our open day. Fingers crossed we get some new visitors!

3. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    just got back from Price Attack with their donation.

11 products each valued at $25-$30 each & 2 vouchers for ladies cut & blow dry to the value of $45.00 each voucher.

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/P1010335.jpg]

That works out at a few hundred dollars value :D

the raffle isd going to kick a#@@!!

4. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Um, the quiz is a written test....

People can grab a table at anytime & do it.

I mark them & the top several scores get a prize... If in the probable event that multiple people get full marks, then it goes to - names into a draw...

Only 30 questions - 5 from each film.

5. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    No problems evil, I realised after I posted the question that I thought that's how you were doing it. lol

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Snags being chilled, onions set to go, bread loaded. Cakes (donations) all collected. Sadly Tyken May not be able to make it now as he is in hospital with a suspected broken wrist. Will know more later today I suspect. Time will tell. My friend cant help out now but her sons are coming to be runners/assistants in any way they can (older two) and I will need them as I've not been well the last day or so. I have to get ice on the way to keep the chocolates chilled and some of the cakes need to be kept cool too. Taking down my collectables later today after I've had a rest.

7. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Hope Tyken feels better soon. Although a broken wrist doesn't sound good :(

I haven't had time to even think about getting my games stuff ready. Nor have I finished my work. Nor am I likely to be able to get there any earlier than 10:30 (at the earliest) tomorrow... arrrrgh!

Oh well, time to get ready for the OMSW show now :)

8. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    11:30 for BBQ is good SP - Did we decide whether people pay for the food and drinks at the BBQ or via a ticket at the entrance desk?

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Do we have an official photographer for the day to capture this historical event ;)

9. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I'll try to remember to charge the camera batteries. I've re-injured my foot (don't ask :( ) so I doubt I'll be walking too much. At this stage I'm sorry guys but I don't know if I'll bring the games. As much as I want to get stuff organised, I have too much going on to deal with, never mind the pain in this here foot of mine.

Oh well, off to see Charles and you guys now :)

10. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    The earliest I can be there is around about tenish, traveling on a Sunday is really hard from down here but I'll see if I can brave the heat to help out.

[image=http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/1222_hot_and_sweating_smiley.gif]

Lousey weather.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Cars packed, now I need to get some serious rest....hope you all had a good time tonight.

12. THE_bikerscout

THE_bikerscout Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2007
    JTN & I be there early to help set up

13. Cho-Junn

Cho-Junn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2008
    Hi there, I'm new here. I found you guys through meeting Master Skywalker and Starfire Phoenix during Fanzone 08 back in February. I have been keeping up to date about the 'Open Day' ever since. I have only just got the nerve to register this week though. Sorry about not regeristing sooner. Anyway, I will be there tomorrow in costume (Jedi). Also I was wondering if a pedestal fan was still needed?

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We could always use one Cho! Welcome to the SAFF, sadly I'm probably the only member not out with Charles Ross of the One Man Star Wars Show tonight! I look forward to meeting with you! I'm the SAFF's oldest member, well, longest member and second oldest!! :p I wont be in costume, mines on display tomorrow, but I will be behind the cake stall! Please come over and say hello!!

15. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Hey mate.... welcome.

I'm not there either Ads... ;)

16. Cho-Junn

Mar 13, 2008
    Thanks for your welcome Adalia, I'll make sure I come over and say 'Hi'. By the way, what's your costume?

17. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    great to see you made it mate, looking forward to catching up with you again tomorrow.:D

18. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Welcome to SAFF, Cho! :)

19. Cho-Junn

Mar 13, 2008
    Thanks for the welcomes guys. See you tomorrow. :)

20. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    Good luck everyone! I hope the SAFF Open Day is a huge success!!:D

Welcome to SAFF Cho!

21. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Welcome to the boards Junn! :D

*looks around*

What? Everyone else went with Cho... :p

22. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    G'day Cho - welcome to SAFF :)

23. Dark-Lord_Alf

Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013 star 4

Mar 19, 2005
    Lines Up ALL the Troops......

Listen Up !

Are You Mean ?

Yeah !

Are You Ready ?

Yeah !

What Are You ?

Ready and Mean !

Today the weather won't own us WE ARE GOING TO RULE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us SAFF kick some ACE, Have Fun and a Snag or 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just a little psyched about today !

24. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    =D= I'm pysched too. I might looked tired and jet-lagged on the outside, but I'm pysched on the inside ;)

25. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Sorry I couldn't come down guys, I got heat-stroke yesterday on the beach and I've been unhappily curled up under the air-conditioner by bane of Nah, (who actually got sunburnt and not me,) who won't drive me down.

I hope you all do SAFF proud, looking forward to lots of picies.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.