main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA SAFF Open Day - 16th March - Adelaide High

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    LOL... [face_laugh]

I was 2IC with Parsec for the 1st year. Did the Trivia Quiz & helped with the auctions..
    Sadly enough, it ended up as baby sitting.... :(

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You can say that again.....all 'kids' must be supervised by their own responsible !! Sheesh! The amount of parents who just 'left' their kids with us......

3. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    That whole babysitting thing did become a notable facet of the tail end of Parsec. Pretty rude of those parents, eh? Mind you, it was a minority...just a noticeable minority.

Anyways, this should be a really good thing for SAFF. Perhaps a semi-regular good thing if there is a demand for it (6 or 12 monthly, once a month was a HUGE job for those involved in organising it).

4. Bountyhunter_niko

Bountyhunter_niko Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    SAFF CON ?:D

5. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Woo! SAFF CON 08! Ask MS after the event if he wants to do another. Lol He is having a lot of fun so far. Not getting a lot of sleep, as he keeps getting ideas in the middle of the night. He starts holidays next week so he will have more to announce soon.

6. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    another announcement:

going to compile a "SAFF photo album"

I have 20 photo's of us that shows what we do..each with titles. I'll get an album & have the photo's printed next week.

example:

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/R4L078.jpg]

7. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Will we see the chosen photos before they're printed?

8. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    I wasn't intending to upload all 20 photo's into the photobucket & post them..pretty image heavy ;)

But, they will all be appropriate good photo's of SAFF. From both R4L's to the Walk for hope, to tin rattling in the Mall, to the Slowdown day..

9. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    You could upload them to the SAFF photo bucket in a folder for all to see ... just a thought ;)

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'd like to see them too ;)

11. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    They're mainly group photos. You've seen them all before ;) Pics like the group ones at things like the Relay for Life, the Norwood Xmas Pageant, 30th Anniversary and other fun or cool pics :) MS kept them hi quality to get the best possible prints, so it's quite a task to get them online, sorry. He's already multitasking with something else right now too.

I know you all want to see them, but patience :) There's nothing new. They all show off SAFF's awesomeness ;)

12. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/untitled.jpg]

Hey..trust me....it's me

;)

13. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    sounds like an awesome idea, count me in to help anyway i can.

14. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    Cool Dude, cheers.

I think this will be a very fun day.

Went to Adelaide Comics yesterday & Movie Maniacs & managed to secure a $50 gift voucher from Adelaide Comics & "Various models and assorted things" from Movie Maniacs.

This will be raffled off on the day in a 1st prize/ 2nd prize sort of deal. If anyone has anything that is in good condition that you'd like to donate to the raffle that'd be cool, if not..s'ok.

15. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    have spoken with Adelaide High & they are happy to have us there for a small fee,that's not a problem I'm sure we can cover that somehow..what is a problem possibly is the dates. I was thinking the 2nd March.

They can't do the 2nd March- we can have either SUNDAY 24TH FEB OR SATURDAY 1ST MARCH

I've penciled in the 24th, because I din't think that many would be able to make the Saturday, also the Saturday the Dr Who fanclub is there, don't know wether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Really didn't want February cause it's likely to be hotter I'd imagine. But the Saturday the following weeks not ideal either.

What do others think ?

Next, spoke to "Life Be in it" they are happy to promote our day on their web site, I'll be emailing them info to put up..so there's some promotion there..also, for a small fee ( don't know what that is as yet) they'll do some other promotion for us..specifically- posters & flyers & the like, will know more on that when they call me back with more details.

They would like it if we could be involved with their " Corporate Cup" Mothers Day walk also, it's not til May, but I reckon that might be fun also...proceeds go to Breast Cancer Research for that one.

That's about it for the moment.. what do you think about the 2 dates ?

16. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm hopeful that either of those dates will be fine for me. Will check when my brain actually lands in Adelaide (my body is present, head not so much...I had a very good weekend :) ).

Great work MS, I'm really looking forward to this.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sunday is better I suspect. Need to find out what the 'small fees' are, so we can plan ahead. What we consider small might not be their idea of small. Used to be $25 for the day at Adelaide High, but I'm sure that's gone up by now. Life Be In It never charged us the last time, interesting they want to this time. Its in their interests to give us a good promotion as they get attention through it too. Sounds good so far thoughMS. ;)

18. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    Adelaide High's fee is $55 which isn't too bad I suspect. In regards to "Life be in it's" fee, it's not their fault. Their funding was removed years ago because they were sponsoring groups that didn't fit into the government's idea of who they should be supporting. IE: non sport related groups. That was what I was told today at least. So now they have to fund all these things themselves.

They regard many many groups as worthwhile to support as they get people off their butts away from their Wii's & the like & getting out & meeting new people. She loved the story I told her that the first thing like that I went to was the "Life be in it Parsec day" from that I met friends for life & my fiance. That is why they want to support day's like ours- unfortunately the government doesn't agree :(

So, in all that- I'm not sure what the fee will be, hopefully it'll be something we can deal with & we can make it work.

Thankyou for the compliments Skipp & Addie, it is alot of work as I'm sure you know but I'm really enjoying it, I can't wait...it should be a really fun day :D

The next problem- where do we get a BBQ from ? :confused:

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wondering what happened to the Parsec one.....shrugs...ours is built in, so cant be moved...sorry.

20. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    no worries- unfortunately I don't have a BBQ at all :(

Hopes someone can help [face_praying]

Just spoke to the city Messenger- it was positive.

They were receptive to promoting us & the open day. They told me to ring back 2 weeks before & see how things stand. The problem is that they might come down (or we go down), they shoot pics, write an article & they still can't guarentee that it'll go to print. If something more newsworthy comes in late , it'll bump us out which would be unfortunate, but he said that though that it would be something that they would definately be interested in , which is all good :D

Have contacted the Advertiser also, no news to report on that today, was too late in the day to speak to the person I needed to but I'll call back tomorrow & I'll keep you all updated with how that goes too :D

21. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    Called the 'Tiser today & they seemed interested in us also :D

They asked if I could email them details of us, the day & what we do.

Tonight I emailed the Advertiser, The Messenger, Life Be in it & the ABC programme Stateline

I emailed the Messenger & Life Be in it even though I've spoken to them on the phone because they wanted to have a "written" copy of what we are looking for. So I'm hopeful that one/ some/ all will get back to me with some concrete positive news. :D

22. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    well done dude [face_dancing][:D]

23. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    no one called or emailed me back today :(

oh, that's incorrect, I recieved an automated reply from the ABC saying "someone will get in touch in the next 4 weeks"

More news as it comes to hand.

I did confirm with Adelaide High though our interest in the 24th Feb. After speaking to a few people re: Saturday the 1st of March the feeling is that Saturday will not work for as many people as the Sunday.

So for the February heat, we'll just have to suck it up I suppose & cross our fingers :oops:

Unfortunately the Sunday the 2nd of March just wasn't an option for us & later would be getting to close to the R4L.

24. Evil_Rex

Evil_Rex Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2006
    You are my sunshine, my only sunshine....

I would also like to raise a hand at helping in anyway that I can. I also think that the tasks may need to be shared out, so as not to overload the one person. Depending of course, how invovled this becomes! Also, the government has a classified section, that Public Sector Employees can see only, which we maybe able to advertise the day on.

If we can find a way to get it there, TK and I could bring the BBQ.

I also have a spare VHS & DVD player that could be used if necessary.

I am also able to get (if required) things in bulk like foam cups etc from a trade place. Will you also need things like urns, kettles etc?

25. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    E_R Thankyou [:D] If you can get the BBQ there that would be most appreciated !!!

ANY advertising that can be done would certainly be most welcome. The Advertiser is giving me a bit of grief because the person I need to talk to isn't returning the messages I've left- the people below him I've spoken to seemed very positive, but I don't know anymore...will definately keep trying though.

The W&CH will be putting up 3 posters to advertise the day on 3 notice boards.

I'll be re- contacting the Messenger 2 weeks out.

I certainly do need help..thanks E-R. on the day there will be LOTS to do. If someone can help with things like taking the entry fee. I'll need help cooking the BBQ. I'll need alot of help setting up the displays & the projector hopefully Skipp will be supplying on the day.

Oh- another idea I had for a display. I was going to do a diorama of all the Jedi 3 1/4 figures I have, could/ would someone bring along a Vader & as many stormtroopers they have to make an Imperial one also ?

DLA I believe is going to do a lego diorama also :)

If anyone want to contribute anything they can to display for the day I would certainly certainly be appreciative. I'll provide alot of the display if need be but if people can or want to help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.