1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:SA SAFF Open Day - 16th March - Adelaide High

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarCrusier Jedi Knight

star 3
    An Excellent Day indeed

I can't believe we did so well considering the heat and all... I can't wait to see the picks. :)
  2. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Had a fantastic day, although very exhausting and made me a little 'off colour' by the end of the day. I have run the three winners of the raffle and will be posting two of them tomorrow, the third lives around the corner! After I speak to Evil Rex I will announce a final total. Well done everyone.[face_dancing]
  3. Cho-Junn Jedi Master

star 4
    We all had an excellent day as well.
  4. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    It was good to meet you Cho and your family, and didn't you clean up in the raffle!? LOL
  5. Cho-Junn Jedi Master

star 4
    Just have to say a big 'thank you' to Adalia for the easter bunny my daughter loves it, so thanks again...
  6. THE_bikerscout Jedi Youngling

star 2
    now that im home and wearing only shorts i can say this

man that feels good

no more shirt on the back.

but i did this for the cancer foundation so worth the pain.

good job all i had a good time.
  7. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Had a fantastic time! Everyone did so well with all they volunteered to do. This day would not have happened without you :) It ran really well, we all stayed relatively cool and no one fainted! ;)

Thank you MS, it was a great idea! I never got to be a part of the Parsec days, but I have a better idea now of what they might have been like ;) I hope we can do it again in the future (maybe once or twice a year). I know that Sean would be more than happy to come back to talk about 'The Force Unleashed' after the book is released ;)

Everyone again, fantastic effort. I'm so proud to be a part of SAFF. You all rock!!!! :)

Looks like SAFF and the Cancer Council won this year. I'm so glad we did so well from the day ;)
  8. Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013

star 4
    Awesome Day Fellow Saffers !

A well oiled Saff machine was in full swing.

=D= To everyone who made this all possible

Pics posted soon
  9. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    No problem, thanks to Guri for donating it! At my age I don't have much need for Easter Bunnies ;)
  10. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU.

To each & every wonderful, person who made today such a wonderful success. Today was 39.9 degrees, this day last year it was 26 degrees. The work that you guys put in to make the day the success it was was just amazing.

Thankyou to Starcrusier for another great gift of SAFF wine, thankyou to TK for the framed patch, Thankyou to Jabba for organisine the drinks, Thankyou to Adalia for the many many things you organised for today. Thankyou to Evil Rex for all of the work that you put in to make the day so great, despite not being able to be there for long , you're work was vital, thankyou to EVERY other person who was there today. EVERYBODY contributed, there were no passengers at all, this day could not have been as terrific as it was without you.

Sean Williams was a terrific guest & a wonderful bloke. Very friendly & approachable. His talk was very interesting & informative & those who listened to it would've enjoyed it I'm sure.

& lastly, thankyou to any and all of the "new" people who came & may be reading this. I hope that you had fun & would love to see you on the boards sometime. Please stay & have a good time with us.

The Cancer Council were big winners today, alot of money will be coming their way from all of you guys hard work.

THANKYOU AGAIN ALL=D= =D= =D=

11. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    All my pics are here! http://www.starfirephoenix.net/gallery/main.php/v/events/saffopenday08/
  12. luche Jedi Knight

star 1
    Beautifully done SAFFers!!
    Big Kudos to you all
    =D= =D= =D= =D==D=
  13. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    After all our expenses have been paid, I will be banking $545.00. Well Done every one!
  14. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow! Incredible... that is soooo fantastic! :)
  15. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    sorry you couldn't make it Luche, the day was totally awesome !!

& also a big thankyou to Skipp for putting me in touch with Sean Williams. He was a great guest & I'd love to have him back in the future if possible too. :D
  16. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
    I had a great day. Thanks to my helper Darth_Vercetti :)

Many thanks to Evil_Rex, TK and Adalia for doing all the prep work for the BBQ. It just made everything so easy. Once again it was wonderful to see all of SAFF working together.

And thanks MS for getting it all up and running. Well done =D=
  17. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    Looks like an excellent day! :D
  18. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    aesome, awesome work everyone !! :D

Thankyou DM for your kind words. A lot of work went into today & I am so so happy that it was such a success. I sat down for 45 mins to listen to Sean's talk & that was it from 8am to 4pm- the day was hectic & a lot was going on, but it was really really great. Thankyou DM for your work on the BBQ, you can't have a day like today without a sausage sizzle & you slaved away in the searing heat. Thankyou for your efforts.

Addie, his name escapes me, the little guy you brought today, he was SO willing to help it was outstanding & totally awesome he won the SW roleplaying game.

I met alot of new & friendly faces today, it was truly something special today :D
  19. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    James, his mum is the lady who was Jedi Hunter last year in the Relay...he's a wonderful lad, so giving, caring and loving. He's SRC Rep at school and he's trying to get the school to have a 'Casual Day for Cancer'. Such an aware 10 year old, and so sweet on Addiesclone....but a little young me thinks...then again, her mother married a younger man...hmmmm. :p
  20. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
    Super Sabre updated. We've just gone past $3000.

Relay on [face_dancing]
  21. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    AWESOME!!!

We Rock!! Thats the combined 501st and SAFF isnt it? Dont matter, it still ROCKS!!!
  22. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
    That's right - our combined total :)
  23. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    We work together so well!!!! SAFF & 501st! Cant go wrong![face_dancing]
  24. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    today everyone worked so well today- it was a huge team effort & an awesome Open Day. :D

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/_Master-Skywalker_/Events/open1SFW.jpg]
  25. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Sorry I couldn't be there, I was working. Sounds like you all had an awesome day out. How were the crowds?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.