main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA SAFF PRE-Episode III Gettogether - 1st May

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by oz_skipp, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Venue: Two options present themselves at this stage.
    -Option 1: the newly redone theaterette at Pulteney Grammar School, Gilles St, City. Projector, kick ass sound system.
    -Option 2: my lounge room, South Road, Everard Park (3 minutes out of town). Projector (well it's work's, mine sucks), kick ass sound system.

Due to advanced persuasive Force powers, I have secured both locations for no fee ;). I am still a little unsure of using work's theaterette, but it should be okay. My place is a backup, as even though I've had 60 people over for a party before, fitting more than 10 in my lounge is a tight squeeze :D

Date/Time: Sunday 1st May, say 12:30pm onward? Now I realise that this is the same weekend as bowling, in fact the next day, but people didn't seem to think this was such a bad idea before....why not make it a big SW weekend? Only potential downside is the day after the night before, but initial discussions seem to think that it will be fine. Or at least ameliorated by a BBQ ;) (ooh, I'm going to see a band's CD launch after bowling too!)

Reason? Why not? PARSEC used to manage it once a month, so I think that we should do *something* as a pre-Ep III shindig. I initially wanted to do something on a bigger scale (Ray Park and Temuera Morrison were in the country last week....grrr) but something smallish should be fun. And AD is going away after this, so it'll make a decent farewell party. And it may serve as a good point for a photo oppertunity for costumes for the paper (Fox what do you think, invite the photographers along?).

Food: Ahh, yes, food is important. Three options here:
    Option 1: BBQ - if someone can bring one to cook and would like to do this, I'll happily liase with you. Please PM me.
    Option 2: Collect money for pizza on the day.
    Option 3: People bring food and drink and we share it on a big table. Mmmm, big eatup in the carpark outside the theaterette. I think this would be a great idea, cheap and everyone gets to contribute.

Activities: The fun stuff! Many options present themselves here.
    - Big screen viewing of fan films, Clone Wars (and other cartoons) DVDs, preview of unreleased footage of Ep III material, preview of the Ep III soundtrack (2 days before it is released here), a number of fan made 'docos' (I have StarWoids, not released in Oz and Phandom Menace on DVD), Star Wars videogames.
    - Auction or selling of merchandise: I'm selling nothing :) but if people would like to, either running a sellers table or via an auction, let me know and we'll organise something. If anyone knows of anyone who'd like to set up a table, please pass them my details or vice versa.
    - Costume competition (or just 'action shots' of you guys in costume for photo taking and for the website.
    - SW collections: anyone want to bring some of their cool stuff to set up?
    - Games: Star Wars Charades & Star Wars Celebrity Head are two games I've heard of, anyone have any others?
    - Anything else? I haven't had too much time to piece this together, so if anyone else has any ideas for displays, talks or other Star Wars fun stuff, let me know. Anyone who's organsised something like this or has been to a Starwalking meeting or PARSEC meeting might like to suggest something I've missed.

Who: Us, our friends and other like minded folk that are invited by us. Because this is to be held at my place of employment (or place of living!) the day before I start back, as long as I'm convinced that everthing will be cool, I'm happy to proceed. If I had more time, I'd investigate the 'public' attending an promote it externally, but I think that this should be done by the SAFF and for the SAFF.

Cost: Should be nothing, but on the chance that things will be bought for this, perhaps a gold coin donation? All profits to charity (I nominate CANTEEN, but others may have other ideas).

Bonus: I'm currently discussing with a lo

2. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Sounds marvellous! If there is anything I can help with, give me a hoy :D

3. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    sounds good Oz-Skipp

can you keep in touch by email either to Fox or myself (PM if you need them) about this? Ta! :D

4. Dave-Jedi

Dave-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    sounds like an excellent day, yup I'm in.

5. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Sorry i cant make it, I am doing stocktake over both days :( but still going to bowling night to catch up with everyone for a few B'day drinks

6. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    Sounds like a great plan Oz ;) I will be there, if you need a hand let me know.

I would be more than happy to bring the x box along i have a tonne of StarWars Games etc. I also have the vcd of all the fan films, i will bring them along too.

I like the Bring a dish-a-long Idea but either way i will still have money for Pizza so its all good ;)

Canteen sounds great, I think we can all spare Gold coin donation with out breaking the budget. count me in. ;)

7. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    So , either you all love the idea :) or you don't care :( (other than those who have sent me PMs to let me know yay or nay, thanks heaps guys!).

Perhaps a list of those who are interested this event and how many will be attending? If it's 15-20+ people, I'll get on it, but if only 5 or 10 can make it, it may be better to do as a social house gettogether rather than the full on thing.

I'm sorting out the specifics of getting the venue with work over the next two days, so, speak up if you're interested...

-------

Skip
    Jen

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I love the idea....but I cannot attend as I sadly told you in my PM. I think lots of thought and efforts gone into this one, so those who can be there and want to be there...be there!!! ;)

9. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    It's all so Parsecy....

I miss my old club......

10. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Sounds good. I'll bring the Star Wars Monopoly, nobody at home will play it with me anymore because I keep making sound effects and kicking their butts. ;)

11. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Prepare to meet your match then!

12. Aiel

Oct 14, 2004
    Alright. But like the horse and rider in the original game, Luke is mine! (Clutches Pewter figure with glee)

13. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Take him, take him!! I don't want him!!

14. Aiel

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, :D you can have Obi-wan.

15. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Excellent!! I'll dig up that old fossil!! *LOL*

16. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Skip
    Jen
    starfire-phoenix
    DarkDisciple

17. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I work on Sundays, so I can't make it unfortunately.

18. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    Skip
    Jen
    starfire-phoenix
    DarkDisciple
    Dave-Jedi

19. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Skip
    Jen
    starfire-phoenix (+ 1 and maybe more)
    DarkDisciple
    Dave-Jedi

20. Aiel

Oct 14, 2004
    So, is this going to require costumes or casual? And have we decided on the charity idea or how the food's going to work out?

(Just being curious.)

21. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Skip
    Jen
    DarkDisciple
    Dave-Jedi
    Obi-Wan Toddi

22. Dark-Lord_Alf

Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013 star 4

Mar 19, 2005
    Alf would like to Be in :D

Guri... Work :(

23. Dave-Jedi

Dave-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    Skip
    Jen
    DarkDisciple
    Dave-Jedi
    Obi-Wan Toddi
    Alf

Whoh !! Slow down guys, don't storm the list all at once. Form an orderly line & take a ticket & add your name !! C'mon guys, the enthusiasm is totally underwhelming. Skip has put forward a fantastic idea, organised the lot, all you have to do is show up ! Sure, it's a bit "Parsecy" is that so bad? It's all the good things about Parsec but without the creche !! C'mon, grab your keyboard & add your name or Force Lightning is going to start flying around !

24. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Skip
    Jen
    DarkDisciple
    Dave-Jedi
    Obi-Wan Toddi
    Alf
    Fox
    Ms Winter
    Darth_Meanders + 1

I might do this at home rather than at work if it doesn't pick up. Could be just as fun this way, and I do have a rocking pizza joint nearby (Michaelangelos, mmmmm :) ). And my sound system is more than adequate. Couple that with a borrowed projector from work and it's all sorted.

WIll monitor this over the next few days before making final decisions.

25. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    So, is this going to require costumes or casual? And have we decided on the charity idea or how the food's going to work out?

Sorry, I didn't see this until now:

-Casual is good, but if Fox wants a decent group photo for the papers, then this would be a perfect opportunity...
    -No final decisions on food or charity, decisions this week.

Oh, I'm meeting up with Sean Williams this week so would love it if I could have something finalised to tell him whether it's a goer or not.

Ideally I'd like about 20 or so people to make it worth having at my work's theaterette. I've found out we have a full day training session on the following day (*groan*) so the more people that come, the more that could give me a small hand in tidying up for the next day :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.