main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Saga - A (Non-Star Wars) comic series by Brian K. Vaughan

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IG_2000, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    This thread might get locked or at least moved, but I still felt like bringing this up.

I've been reading Saga since the first trade came out in September, and its one of the best series I've ever read. I bring it up here because its REALLY influenced by Star Wars in almost every way:

1. story structure (it picks up in the middle of the action) and it is setting up for the same generational divide that Star Wars has: the series right now stars Marko and his wife Allana, but is setting up in the future for the mantle to be picked up by their daughter Hazel.

2. The Saga galaxy has a very large criminal element and several characters are bounty hunters.

3. Marko's life is governed by a Jedi like philosophy of nonviolence

4. The story takes place in the middle of a Galactic Civil War sort of conflict

So really, I suggest really any Star Wars fan to give this series a chance, you could pick up the first trade for 10 dollars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WARNING: As good as the series is, the artwork and characters are REALLY bizarre and there is some graphic sexuality and violence, so if thats not your thing... you've been warned lol

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  3. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Brian K Vaughan needs to write a Star Wars series before Dark Horse gets shafted.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    He is--you just posted about it.

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, not a Lit topic, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.