[Saga Edition] Post-by-post RPG

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Ender Sai, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    OK, so let's start working on a post-by-post RPG for Saga.

Firstly, we'll need to establish a few key points before this can go anywhere, so let's get that done.

If you're interested, just post the following. My post is both an example and representative of my actual answer.

Name: Ender_Sai
    Player or GM: Player
    Copy of Saga Rulebook: Yes
    Era(s) preferred: Rebellion Era*, NJO, Old Republic, Rise of the Empire.

So, nice and simple. Your name, if you're wanting to play or GM, if you have a Saga rulebook for easy reference*, what era you prefer to play**.

* - Rulebook is not essential for play but it helps the GM with any rules questions.
    ** - Rules according to WOTC: Rebellion = ANH to Thrawn; Old Republic = KOTOR; NJO = Hand of Thrawn up to Legacy of the Force; Rise of the Empire = Prequels to pre-ANH.

Once we get a GM and some players we'll go from there.

Enjoy!

E_S
  2. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Name: Aragorn327
    Copy of Saga Rulebook: No
    Era(s) preferred: NJO (explanation: it`s the only era I`ve literally never played in, despite my familiarity with it.) However, I`m up for any of them.
  3. Pawnnolonger Jedi Knight

Name: Pawnnolonger
    Era(s) preferred: Any but NJO (Not familiar enough with the setting.)

As a side note I'm looking for 4-6 players hopefully who have the Saga book for an online game that meets like a table top group would. For any details PM me.
  4. KudosDas Jedi Master

star 2
    Name: KudosDas
    Copy of the Saga Rulebook: Yes
    Era(s) preferred: I'm good to play in any era, though with our current lack of sourcebooks I'd say that it might be a good idea to stick with Rise, Rebellion or NJO unless we have ourselves an overly enthusiastic GM.
  5. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Needs... more... game... masters!

E_S
  6. KudosDas Jedi Master

star 2
    Normally I'd be all over GMing but I'm already running an online game and a weekly live session. Frankly I'm on the verge of being over GMed as it is...[face_worried]
  7. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Name: Jedi Merkurian
    Player or GM: Player*
    Era(s) preferred: (in order) Old Republic, Legacy (comics), Rise of the Empire, Rebellion

*I'm almost always a GM, and I have no idea how to run an online game. That, and Darth Real Life constantly intrudes on my gaming/prep time.
  8. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Merk, if you want we can work through the general structure of online GM'ing. I know with fatherhood (btw, saw that pic in YJCC, she's adorable!) you'll be intermittent but it's actually, if anything, easier in this capacity. :D

E_S
  9. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Name: koohii
    Copy of Saga Rulebook: Nope
    Era(s) preferred: any. seriously. any. While I don't know anything about YJK, NJO or the Yuzam Vong (aside from the fact that the Solo kids get kidnapped about every other book).

I'd offer to GM, but 1: I don't have a copy of the rules :p & 2: all my current adventure ideas are posted![face_shhh] :eek: So you all wouldn't have any surprizes. [face_shhh] [face_shame_on_you]

Otherwise, I'd be happy to play.
  10. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Koohii,

The Saga Ed is much more WEG than it is the previous d20 edition, so it should be easier to explain.

E_S
  11. Pawnnolonger Jedi Knight

If you guys want to join the online game I want to GM you are welcome, it won't be play by post though it will be done through a site that allows us to play as if it were a table top session.
  12. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Name: Rogue Thunder
    Era(s) preferred: Any

I would GM, but I gm like 30 other campaigns. :(
  13. KudosDas Jedi Master

star 2
    Maybe if we promise free snacks to the GM we might trick someone into saying yes to GMing... :rolleyes:
  14. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Well...

I can throw in VIPship and a title for the RPG host.

Would anyone feel comfortable if we made room for a d6 campaign?

ES
  15. KudosDas Jedi Master

star 2
    You mean in addition to the Saga game or instead of it? Frankly I've never played d6 before but I'd be willing to give it a try if we can't get this Saga game up and running.

On somewhat of a side note, I was watching the Tales of the New Republic trailer, yet again, and was thinking, yet again, how cool it would be to do a campaign designed around a fighter squadron loosely based off of what's seen in the trailer. Just some food for thought.

PS - Yes, I'm easily distracted by pretty pictures...
  16. Rec0missioned Jedi Padawan

I'm pretty new to the forums but I've decided to join in just in case we find a GM.

Name: Rec0missioned
    Era Preferred: I'm up for any of 'em
  17. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I don't care about the title or anything, but I guess I'll give it a shot. I should be able to handle adding one more campaign to my list, simply because this one won't be nearly as quick, since we have such a disparate (sp?) group of players.

We'll decide what era to go with when we see how many people would like to play Jedi. It'd be kind of hard to have 5 Jedi in the party during the Empire era.

So, how many folks want to be Jedi, or multi-class into Jedi later?

For now I'll try and make it a one-shot campaign and if this proves successful we can stretch it out.
  18. KudosDas Jedi Master

star 2
    And to think I was just about to crack Berx...;)

Jokes aside, I have a proposal. Given the amount of interest, why not have two groups run by two separate GMs working within the confines of same story arc? Of course the usual manifestation of this two-groups-one-story idea has one group playing as the "good guys" and the other as the "bad guys", the majority of the campaign leading towards an ultimate showdown (or showdowns) between the two groups. As it stands now we have eight people wanting to get involved with this game in addition to one or tow more who will undoubtedly want in once the ball actually starts rolling.

If this is something you guys would be interested in doing I'll gladly step forward as a second GM.
  19. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Two groups would be better just because of the volume, so I think that's a winning idea and we should go with it.

E_S
  20. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    That could work. Who wants to co-GM then?
  21. KudosDas Jedi Master

star 2
  22. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Oh, what the deuce. I've always wanted my name in colors :p
    *raises hand*
  23. Pawnnolonger Jedi Knight

I'm gonna play a noble. I think, that or Scoundrel.
  24. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Merk, are you offering to GM?

If so, let's try and get some organisation going.

Merk, Rogue - what eras would you run?

ES
  25. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Oh, sorry Kudos. I didn't read your whole post. [face_blush]

Well if Merk does want a chance at it, then I can step aside for Kudos...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.