main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Saga Edition] Post-by-post RPG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Ender Sai, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    I only just finished editing my char for the D6 game and im really, truly, inescapably hooked =P~

2. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    ToC should be up and running by Monday as well.

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm waiting to get a final tally on players.

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    At this point, I have 2 open slots, and between the time I want to bed last night and woke up this morning, in addition to the 3 that were jousting and had started work on character submissions, 2 more have asked to join and I had to turn them down.

At this time, I am declaring the game full. Those who have started working on your characters, but haven't finished are competing for 2 slots. So, unless someone decides to drop out, we're set.

I plan to put forth the first post Monday

5. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    YAY!!! just two more days...:D

cant wait... much.... longer...

6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    The Game Has Begun:
    The First Posting is away! THe First Posting is away!
    <wait for cheers>[face_dancing]

<cricket chirps>[face_worried]

7. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    YAY!!!!!!![face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

8. KudosDas

Jan 14, 2005
    Hey fellow ToCers.

I've been feeling pretty under the weather all day and seeing as I'm supposed to be getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday I'm going to grab some sleep while I can. They'll be a post up for sure before Friday though there might be a bit of a break while I recover.

- Kudos

9. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Ouch!
    Those can hurt!
    Good news: first time wasn't so bad--I was up & about by the mid-day.
    Second time--yuck. Not so nice.
    Suggestion: sleep! If you get to sleep through the after effects it's much nicer.
    Of course, this is coming from a wuss who insisted on being knocked out[face_beatup] for the procedure.

good luck

10. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Ouch dude... don't worry about it. Get some rest. I'll take your characters' turns in both games. :(

11. KudosDas

Jan 14, 2005
    I've got the posts in my head so all I need to do is sit down and write them. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal now so there should be posts tomorrow for ToC as well as for your games Berx. Then comes Friday and the wisdom teeth so we'll see how things go after that. I'm hoping to be back at work on Monday so if I can go to work I should be good enough to post. ;)

12. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Granted, I'm more of a bored loner geek than many:-B, so I have nothing better to do than check each morning and post,[face_whistling] but I cannot help that notice of the three games that were supposed to start, only one is really moving. o_O
    Yay Me!

I tribute this mostly to the speed and ease of WEG D6.;)

Go D6!

Honestly, I hope to see the other two games start moving and will do anything I can to help.[:D] How else am I supposed to steal material?

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    If SAGA GMs need help and want me to run an NPC for some posts, please send me a PM with the NPC and stats (unless it's a core hero and their stats are in the SAGA ED. Rulebook.

E_S

14. KudosDas

Jan 14, 2005
    The slow down in ToC was my bad. After getting my wisdom teeth out and taking off for the long weekend I was pretty much behind in everything else in my life. To make matters worse I'm currently house not only my parent's home but a friend's place as well. On top of that I've been trying to get at least some of my stuff packed seeing as I'm moving back to university next Friday...

All of that said I should be into a regular posting schedule once I'm back in my own place after next week. Of course you should expect there to be at least a few posts between now and then... ;)

15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Do we have any sort of resource for the character sheets of players?

E_S

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Since Kudos' game had to drop out is there any chance I could start a campaign? The other games I'm running now are a little too slow lately for my preferences and where I'm at now I can definetly run another game. This would be Saga Ed. but before I even try I'd like to know if anyone else out there would like to play...

17. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    I would play in a D20 game except all the books I have are the revised core book and nearly all of its source books. Also thats the system i have memorized.

18. Corporate_Jedi

Corporate_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    I might be interested. Post a summary and we'll see.

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'll post up a summary if I get the OK from the Powers that Be... ;)

20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm interested also.

21. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    that would be fine with me.

Any objections? Anyone?
    Green light?

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I wanna hear from on of those people with the colourful names. No sense starting up a thread just to have it locked.

So whaddya say, mods? dp? anyone? :(

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well if the mods won't let me host the game here then I'll host it on my own boards...

Here's the prelim write-up for the intro... I have a lot more ideas, but they're mostly in my head, and I'm too doped up right now from this cold to put anything coherent down.

Star Wars:

Rise of Darkness

It is a dark time in the galaxy.
    The light of the Jedi has gone out of the universe
    and a morally corrupt Chancellor has declared himself Emperor.
    With his apprentice the Lord Darth Vader to enforce his rule.

Meanwhile, on the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk, the newly minted Imperial fleet encircles the planet, as the recently neutered senate rushes to pass a bill that would allow the drafting of non-human Imperial citizens into a massive labour force, thus declaring Kashyyyk Imperial property along with the noble aliens that inhabit it, while still sovereign King Grakchawwa can smell the changing winds, he secretely contacts the Wookiee embassy on Coronet City, Corellia to hire out a very special contract...

The earlier parts of the campaign will likely focus on rescuing a wookiee prince from Imperial enslavement, followed by trying to free the entire planet from Imperial enslavement. It'll start out canon, then become AU because your characters will have a chance to change events.

If anyone has any interest in playing said wookiee prince, then let me know. We'd likely be starting off at lvl 2 or 3, so anyone who wants to play that character would have to choose Noble as their starting 2 levels, then they can multiclass.

24. Jedi_Linewalker

Jedi_Linewalker Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2005
    If you guys are still doing this and you need/want more players, I'm more than game to play, or even GM if necessary.

Name: Jedi_Linewalker
    Player or GM: Player
    Copy of Saga Rulebook: Yes (as well as d20 original and revised, 2nd edition WEG d6 and numberous sourcebooks)
    Era(s) preferred: Rise of the Empire, Old Republic, Rebellion (though I'm willing to play in any era, those are my favored ones)

I usually play a Jedi (sometimes one that goes to the Dark Side, or even a Sith, but usually Light Side), but have played other classes before and would be open to playing nearly anything that you have a use for, or need or want.

Please feel free to PM me if you wish to let me know if you have an opening or something.

25. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Real Life has claimed a number of players from my game. If anyone wants to join, please PM me. I can give you a summary that doesn't require reading all 600 posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.