main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Line By Line Thread - Now quoting "Return of the Jedi"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darth_almond, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_almond

darth_almond Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Strilo edit: This thread will be replacing the existing system of individual LBL threads for each film. This thread will begin with Episode I and carry through to Episode VI. When the thread ticks over to the next film, please let a forum moderator know and we will edit the thread title accordingly. Once the thread has gone through all six films in order, it will be locked and a new thread can be started with the approval of the forum mods. For reference, here are the complete LBL thread guidelines:

The expectations for posting in the LBLâ??s are as follows:
    1. Any user may post in the LBL thread, however using socks to reply to a line and continue the thread is not acceptable and will result in a ban and either temporary or permanent ban from posting in the LBL thread.

2. Since many people utilize online scripts to post in the Line by Line thread, please be aware of extra scenes that might be in the scripts that are not contained in the movie. Please do not post lines from scenes that are not contained in the films. Also do not make up lines or part of lines.

3. Post, in full and correctly, the line immediately after the previous line. Please do not skip lines or combine lines. If a line is skipped, simply move on to the next line.

4. If you and someone else post the same line at the same time, then the appropriate person should edit their post to be correct, but if the edit is not completed, the next line should be posted in order.

5. No micromanagement of the LBL thread. Activities which detract from the fun, including the correcting of anotherâ??s post, veiled insults; etc., are no-no's. Continued corrections posted will result in the user receiving disciplinary action.

6. Leave the moderating to the moderators. If someone breaks one of the LBL guidelines, please do not post the rule they broke in the thread, leave that to a moderator. If you have concerns about this, contact a SWC moderator via PM.

7. Posting in the LBL thread is supposed to be an exercise in fun, not simple regurgitation. Therefore, allowances will be made for users that post a line that is not exactly the same as what is in the film version. In those cases where a line is posted that is a slight variation of the line, corrections of the post should not be made, simply continue with the next line. Also, changed dialogue is not mandatory (e.g. "Bring my shuttle" is acceptable. The user does not have to post "Alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival."

8. Acting inappropriately (TOS violations, as well as rudeness towards other posters) will result in disciplinary action including bans and being barred from posting in the LBL thread in the future.

9. Spamming the LBL thread to increase one's post count will result disciplinary action. This goes for newbie and oldbie alike.

Ladies and gentlemen, the bottom line here is that Line by Line threads are made to be fun and entertaining â?? not an exercise in the absolute recitation of the movies. Errors may be made and we will allow for deviations in the lines. These threads are supposed to be community building and enjoyable to all. Please remember that and have fun.

Thank you.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I'd like to introduce the new LBL thread. One thread to rule them all! Wait wrong series.... anyhow.... let's get this party started!

3. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jedi_Master_Eric Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2005
    Qui-Gon Jinn: Captain, tell them we wish to board at once.

4. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    Captain Nameless: "Yes, sir. With all due respect for the Trade Federation, the Ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor wish to board immediately."

5. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jun 14, 2005
    Nute Gunray: Yes, of course. As you know, our blockade is perfectly legal, and we'd be happy to recieve the ambassadors.

6. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    TC-14: I am TC-14, at your service. This way, please.

7. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jun 14, 2005
    Obi-Wan: I have a bad feeling about this.

8. SBD-518

SBD-518 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2005
    QUI-GON : I don't sense anything.

9. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Kenobi-"Its not about the mission master, its something elsewhere, elusive."

10. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jun 14, 2005
    Qui-Gon: Don't center on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs.

11. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Obi Wan-"But Master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future."

12. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jun 14, 2005
    Qui-Gon: But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the living force, my young padawan.

13. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Obi-Wan: Yes, master. How do you think the Viceroy will deal with the Chancellor's demands?

14. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jun 14, 2005
    Qui-Gon: These Federation types are cowards. The negotiations will be short.

15. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2005
    Nute Gunray: What?! What did you say??

16. DarthCampak

DarthCampak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Strilo edit: Don't troll.

17. Darth_Pazuzu

Aug 3, 2005
    TC-14: The ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor are Jedi Knights, I believe...

If you don't know your lines, DarthCampak...[face_shame_on_you]

18. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jun 14, 2005
    Rune Haako: I knew it! They're here to force a settlement!

19. Darth_Pazuzu

Aug 3, 2005
    Nute Gunray: Distract them! I will contact Lord Sidious.

20. Luke_Kenobi1

Luke_Kenobi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2005
    Rune Haako: Are you brain dead? I'm not going in there with two Jedi! Send the droid.

21. Darth_Pazuzu

Aug 3, 2005
    Obi-Wan: Is it in their nature to make us wait this long?

22. Darth-DeathStick

Darth-DeathStick Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2005
    No and I sense alot of fear for something as trivial as this trade dispute.

23. Darth_Pazuzu

Aug 3, 2005
    Darth Sidious (hologram): [voice irritated] What is it?

24. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jun 14, 2005
    Rune Haako: [in slight tremble] This game of yours has failed your highness. We dare not go against the jedi!

25. Darth_Pazuzu

Aug 3, 2005
    Darth Sidious: Viceroy, I don't want this stunted slime in my sight again! This turn of events is unfortunate...We must accelerate our plans. Begin landing your troops!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.