Saga Weekend Final Planning Meeting 1/25

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by pacervader, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hi Guys,

As you all know we are having our final planning meeting on Wednesday, January 25th at 6:30pm at the Ryans steakhouse on hinkleville rd. in Paducah. We need everyone to bring any donations, door prizes, etc.. that you may have. Also anyone that has not put in $10.00 ,THAT IS ABLE TO, please bring that also. I will be bringing our new banner that Lordinvar designed for us and we got it printed for a pretty good deal compared to the local sign shop prices. Post any thoughts you may have, talk soon.
  2. xxCkinnexx Jedi Padawan

Next weekend are we gonna have lanyards like they had at the meeting?
  3. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    We don't need to physically bring our door prize donations to Ryan's do we? Don't we just need a complete list of everything everyone is bringing? As long as we have a concrete list of items and everyone shows up with them at the library Fri. afternoon or Sat. morning, that's really what we need Wed. night isn't it. Seems like that might be alot of stuff for someone to haul around by themself especially if there are any large items donated. Or were you thinking something different?
  4. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Your right, we just need a complete list of items and donations but they do not have to physically be there. A member just brought a point to my attention. We did not have an offcial vote on the banner and for that I am very sorry. We had talked about it at the meeting on Dec. 28th and I had gone from there. I hope this doesn't offend any of our members. I thought a banner would be a cool way for us to advertise at events and meetings. A banner seems to be one of the first things many fanforces buy early on but I should have gotten more feedback on the subject from you guys. In the future we will be voting on all such things as a club. Thanks guys.
  5. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Alright you heard it fellow troopers, get together anything you would like to give away for prizes at Saga Weekend. This includes any donated items from any businesses you may have talked to. We need a complete list of items so we can see what and how much stuff we have to give away. We need to know how many items we have so we can space out the drawings/giveaways accordingly. So everyone make a list, check it twice and bring it Wed. night. I'm sure nobody minds chipping in for a banner but yes, I agree we need to vote on things like that in the future. Show potential artwork, layout, ect. Our favorite female member will have our already collected funds and will be collecting from those (who can) who have not given yet. So we can fund things like banners and stuff for Saga Weekend. We have lots of stuff to hammer out so everyone try their best to make it to the meeting.
  6. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, everyone. I've been very busy an unable to post for a while. Sounds like everything is coming together for the weekend.

To answer someone's question - Yes, I will be getting "Member" lanyards made for everyone turning in their $10 green next Wednesday. I already have the straps - they're black with a metal clip on the end.

One question I did have - someone had said it would be a good idea to treat the lanyards sort of like a membership card accompaniment piece, which means it would have to have your name or something. I thought that may be a good idea, but I don't know everyone's name. And after they're laminated it will be sort of too late unless we put a sticker on the back.

These lanyards will be used time and again but we only need to personalize them for reasons of theft. Not a problem now, but perhaps with the event and when the fanforce gets bigger.

Of course, not having to personalize them would make things much easier.

Let me know everyone's thoughts, and, pacervader, I know we had talked about this shortly one day. I'm going to be getting all of it done the first of next week, probably Monday, so I have until then to "customize" them.

It would be nice if everyone was already in the forum here and I could put their forum name and icon on the back which would be cool. There will also be some "legal" stuff on the back just in case.

But if we can get everyone's input by Sunday night, then I'll roll with it. It will be the design everyone saw that LordINVAR and I did for the last meeting with the "Member" text put below the logo to make a more vertical tag. To give an idea of size, I'll be putting 3up per Letter size sheet. Let me know if that's good.

And, hey, does anyone know how many people are signed up for the event now?
  7. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I personally don't think we need to personalize them. Making the lanyards "members only" personalizes them enough for our purposes. As of today we will have around 83 people attending with ff members included. The library wanted to stop there because they are not sure about room capacity. But keep in mind there will be many people who will just show up saturday morning so if we have extra room we can fill it. The library has asked us to do another one of these in a couple of months, so that may be something we need to get some feedback on from everyone. talk soon
  8. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well...not sure if the library will be the venue we should do another Saga Weekend at. But what is the reasoning behind wanting us to do it again so soon? Or are they asking us to do something different? I say we do something different because I'm not sure if anyone will come again so soon to another Saga Weekend. And, when we do that again, I think a larger venue would be on order. Of course, maybe we can do the Clone Wars showing - that would be something new and that nobody has probably seen on a big screen.

It's a shame they stopped at 83. Another 10 more would have been good. But, oh boy, what are we going to do about seating? Do we all need to bring lawn chairs or what? Or does the library have more chairs stashed? I can probably borrow 15-20 from my church, but I'd have to ask first.

Of course, next Wednesday we'll get into more discussion on this so I'll leave it until then.

Just think how big the event would have been with a little bit more time and experience on our part.....let's hope we can get as many or more next time.

But everyone should give input about what exactly we should do in a couple of months if not another saga showing or the Clone Wars. It would be nice to decide on that before the Saga Weekend so it can be announced and already on everyone's ears, if we're all in agreement to do something again at the library so soon. It will still be winter as far as I'm concerned until April, so if it's before then, as long as it's still indoors I'm cool with it.

And, pacervader, yes, I think personalization is a little too much right now on the lanyards. So, unless I hear of any objections to that by Sunday, I'll lock and load on getting those done as-is on Monday.
  9. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    We could do a one day S.W. thing for sure I think without using any of the feature films and repeating ourselves. What about both "Clone Wars" and some of the GOOD fanfilms like "Revelations" among others, vintage commercials, bloopers, ect. There is quite a bit of stuff we could show that is outside of the features. A "Indy" trilogy show would be kinda cool too. That we can worry about after the end of the month though. I think the badges will be fine without I.D.. We all need to just learn everyones name anyway. I have lots of goodies for prizes thanks to CRASH COMICS. They hooked us up. I'll have a complete list of stuff come Wed. TK8049 has acquired the coolest cooler (parden the pun) for our drinks. Eveyone should know what it is. If you can't figure it out, then what are you doing on a S.W. board.? lol Anyone figure out where we are gonna get a popcorn machine yet?

10. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I look forward to seeing this cooler. Also I have a popcorn machine reserved to be picked up Thursday the 26th, and hopefully States is still bringing the popcorn/oil/butter so we should be in good shape on that one. The library asked us about doing this again because of the overwelming response they have recieved. Apparently alot of people could'nt make it that weekend and have been asking if they are going to do it again. Also, we don't actually have to do it ourselves, I'm sure even if we decide not to, the library will probably do it themselves.
  11. ice1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    On a side note, I'm almost finished downloading the demo for Star Wars: Empire at War as I type this, if anyone wants a copy of this (the demo size is around 700mb compressed, too big for a standard CD-R), bring a DVD-R to the meeting, and I'll be sure burn it for them by friday or saturday.
  12. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Speaking of video games, the library said we could have a battlefront 2 party/day. They have 6 ps2's so we could have a LAN party. Thoughts?
  13. ice1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    That would be great, maybe we could have a team tourney or something. I"d be all for it, even though I'm out of practice, I got rid of my copy of BF for the xbox when I didn't resubscribe to Xbox Live.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.