main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Sal Vinz in..."A Love So Holo" OC Dueling Circle Challenge #9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMindTrick000, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    Thanks, oqidaun! Hope you Sal fans out there enjoy this one!

Title: A Love So Holo
    Author: Your friendly neighborhood JMT
    Timeframe: Shortly after ROTS
    Characters: OCs, Star of Soldier of Fortune, Sal Vinz, and others
    Genre: OC Dueling challenge #9 "You can't go home again"

The challenge: Someone pithy once said "You can't go home again" and I think that's a noble theme for our Challenge #9. Send your OC on an unexpected/unplanned trip home and while he/she is there you can let them figure out what that pithy saying means.

A Love So Holo

So there I was, knocking back on a double Jawa juice on the rocks, enjoying the services of two very fine Twi?leks who didn?t charge nearly enough for their talents, when I felt the cold end of a blaster pistol on the back of my head.

Mind you, feeling the end of a pistol on the back of my head was hardly a new thing, but come on man, there?s a time and a place for such tomfoolery, and now wasn?t the time, and here sure as spit wasn?t the place.

?Get up slowly, and no one will have to clean up afterwards.?

?Well, there would?ve been a clean up ??

?Shut up.?

?Alright.? There?s only so much arguing you can do when a guy?s got a gun pointed directly at you. Of course, I would have argued just a bit more if I had my gun on me?and maybe some clothes.

?Stand up. Put your hands on your head.? Fair enough. ?Now turn around.?

?Aw man, c?mon now. That?s just wrong.?

?Fine. Better you don?t see me anyway.?

This guy was really starting to get on my nerves?and it was getting really cold in there.

?What do you want??

?An old associate of yours on Jurskk by the name of Zorn Hiddyn has something of Black Sun?s, and we want it back. Of course, you?re going to get in for us.?

Argue with the idiot or just go along and get back to what I was doing? I hated tough decisions?

?Look, whoever you are, you?re crazy. One, I seriously doubt Zorn would ever take something that belonged to Black Sun, and two, the guy?s dead. Whatever it is, get it yourself.?

Within a split second, the blaster went off, and one of my beautiful Twi?lek friends was dead.

?What the hell is wrong with you?!?

?Good, now that I have your attention. You will go to Jurskk, and you will retrieve the datadisk Zorn Hiddyn stole from Black Sun. Are we clear? Or do two more people have to die tonight??

Generally, I could give a load of bantha dung if people messed with me, but when they harmed those around me, that?s where I drew the line.

?Fine, I?ll take the job. But I expect to be paid handsomely. I am, after all, a very handsome fellow.?

?Not from where I am standing.? That was curious. ?How about we let you stay alive instead??

?That works too.?

There was only problem. And it was a huge problem. I had not been back to Jurskk since I found out Daniella had died all those months ago, and since she left me, there was not one good reason to return to that Force forsaken dirt heap.

And you know, ?died? was an understatement. It?s not everyday you go cruising along in a freighter with your father, about ready to enter hyperspace, not a care in the world, only to be intercepted by a Republic Cruiser, and minutes later, blown into pieces so small, there?s not enough of you left for someone to give you a proper burial.

But perhaps I?m just thinking too much again. I gotta stop doing that.

My personal trip through hyperspace was not nearly long enough. Before I knew it, I was entering Jurskk?s atmosphere and I set my course for DeJurskk ? my old stomping grounds. Although I didn?t do much stomping in those days.

My father?s repair shop was still in business as far as I knew, although I admittedly had fallen out of contact with him some time ago. I didn?t figure he?d be too proud of his son, the deserter. But if I could get a free refueling and refit out of the deal, I was more than willing to make up for lost time with the old man while I w

2. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    You did a wonderful job with this! [face_peace]

Poor Sal.. I really far sorry for him. Though I suppose it really explains his attitude.

Again, great job!

Ani-maniac

3. ISenseAPlot

ISenseAPlot Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    I like this story! It made me go to read what this challenge business was about. I also like that it is in first person. Very interesting choice.

What does the challenge number nine mean? Have you been challenged to write a duel using an original character? Or using the characters from "burn burn burn!"

Thanks.

4. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    Thanks for the comments, guys! And thank you, ISenseAPlot! I forgot to include the challenge itself, but that has been remedied now, so I hope that clears things up.

Thanks again, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

5. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Holy avocado dip, Batman!
    JMT enters the ring in the 13th hour!

"It has been far too long since we have felt the warm touch of each other?s bodies, and when you return, I intend to make up for all lost time in our first night back together. I hope you remain safe, and please know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you, Willem. Please come home soon.?

oh poodoo. poor Sal!!!

Awesome contribution!

=D=

6. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Cool Story, JediMindTrick000: Sal's a really interesting character. Good job

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Sal is a great OC! You did a great job with this! I loved it! =D=

8. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    Thanks, folks! Glad you enjoyed Sal's latest...well, tragedy... =)

More Sal to come soon, if oqidaun gets her way...

9. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I didn?t think it was possible to die twice in one lifetime, but I had done just that.

Poor Sal... :(

A very interesting vinette! :)

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

10. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    ?It has been far too long since we have felt the warm touch of each other?s bodies, and when you return, I intend to make up for all lost time in our first night back together. I hope you remain safe, and please know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you, Willem. Please come home soon.?

Now how did I know that she was going to say another guy's name? :oops:

That was very enjoyable. Sal is always a joy to read... so when you gonna update Soldier? ;)

11. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    "Force forsaken" -- haha, I like it. :D

Oh, no was Daniella a cheater...or was that before she met Sal...? :oops:

12. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh awesome! Didn't see that coming, and neither did Sal, apparently.

Bang up job!

13. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Nice ending...I visualize your fics like a comic book, probably due to the dialogue. Its alway fast paced.

Another good job.

14. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Terrific work. Really enjoyed Sal, very "earthy".

I didn?t think it was possible to die twice in one lifetime, but I had done just that.

Such a great twist at the end. Bravo! =D=

15. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    So there I was, knocking back on a double Jawa juice on the rocks, enjoying the services of two very fine Twi?leks who didn?t charge nearly enough for their talents, when I felt the cold end of a blaster pistol on the back of my head.

Mind you, feeling the end of a pistol on the back of my head was hardly a new thing, but come on man, there?s a time and a place for such tomfoolery, and now wasn?t the time, and here sure as spit wasn?t the place.

Gawd this had me lol, actually most of the first scene did.

Sals a great character I'm definatley going to check up on.

A this "To-Read" list is out of control.

16. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    wow keep up the good work i love this story i hope u post again soon and PM me too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.