main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salacious Crumb connects Oola and Leia

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AdamBertocci, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    When Leia is captured by Jabba and Jabba starts trying to lick her, right after Threepio turns his head away and says he can't bear to watch, we get a close-up of Salacious Crumb, the greatest SW character ever, and he says:

"Oola! EHHH-heh-heh-heh-heh!"

(Who says GL can't write good dialogue?)

And, of course, Leia becomes Jabba's new Oola, his sexy dancing girl.

Has Salacious Crumb seen this routine before? Does he know that Jabba is gonna make Leia dress in skimpy outfits and stuff? Maybe he's implying that Leia will one day die as messy a death as Oola!

Discuss.

Rick McCallum loves you!

2. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Maybe he just likes giggling like an idiot? ;)

I'll say one thing, you've made me warm a bit to Crumb with your consist support of the gungy one.

3. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    I think you may be on to something here.

4. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

So if Jabba takes orders from Salacious Crumb... then is he the hand puppet? [face_mischief]

5. khairul_azwan

khairul_azwan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    "(Who says GL can't write good dialogue?)"

funny.

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Salacious Crumb is da man!

7. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    In a sea of reused topics, I always look foward to Adam's take SW. It's assumed that Crumb perished in the sail barge destruction. However, I think it's time for an EU tribute to the best side-kick this side of Arthur the Moth. If I find some time, I'll post a potential Comic Book cover for this EU series.

8. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Lightsabre there is 1 comic starring Crumb: This Crumb is for hire. the tale how he was hired by jabba and why :D.

9. Darth_Deagol

Darth_Deagol Jedi Master star 2

Dec 22, 2002
    Salacious Crumb's line "Oola! EHHH-heh-heh-heh-heh!" is evidence of his influinece on Jabba's orginization. In that scene notice Jabba's majordomo is in the background far from any way to manipulate or influence Jabbas policy concerning Leia's internment. Crumb is the right-hand-man (monkey?) and has real influence on Jabba's reign. Fortuna is nothing more than a door-warden who cast his bid for power, and lost to a cackling madman (monkey).

BTW, Bertocci, your icon rules.

10. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Stupid double post!

11. Salacious_B_Crumb

Nov 12, 2002
    Actually I am a Kowakian monkey-lizard. And yes I am the coolest character in all of Star Wars. EHHH-heh-heh-heh-heh! Also, my databank entry is here, Star Wars: Databank | Crumb, Salacious, in case you wanted to read up on me.

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    You are da man!

*bows*

What does "B" stand for BTW?

13. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I always thought he was just sayin "oooooo, a ha ha ha..."

14. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    However, I think it's time for an EU tribute to the best side-kick this side of Arthur the Moth.

Crumb has his own tale in the anthology TALES FROM JABBA'S PALACE. I haven't read it yet, but I think it's supposed to show how Crumb came to be in Jabba's palace. (From what I've heard, Jabba found Crumb in his kitchen and tried to eat him, but Crumb's life was saved when Jabba found his antics amusing and decided to hire him as his "court jester.")

15. Salacious_B_Crumb

Nov 12, 2002
    What does "B" stand for BTW?

I don't know, on the OS it just says Salacious B. Crumb. I guess you could make up/speculate what it means. Also, this is mentioned on the OS, but Salacious does die in the explosion, sorry.

16. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

The Databank doesn't always get things right. ;)

17. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Already an EU, eh? Oh well, I won't waste my time then.

What's next, a story on Gammorean #3?

18. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, actually...

There was the one named Thok... (who EV-9D9 told to make sure 3PO had a restraining bolt) ... he has enough of a backstory to say that he was often paired with another Gamorrean and spent his time off hunting womp-rats. :p

19. Darth_Tate

Darth_Tate Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2003
    I agree, that perverted little muppet wanted nothing more than to see Leia undressed and half naked. Did you catch him checking out her legs while she was sleeping.

God, he was so lucky

Did I say that out loud, I hope not.

20. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    No, but you typed it out loud. :p

21. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    I agree, that perverted little muppet wanted nothing more than to see Leia undressed and half naked. Did you catch him checking out her legs while she was sleeping.

I think he was actually watching Jabba's tail as it swung back and forth, but I know what I'd rather be looking at if I was him. :D

In the FROM STAR WARS TO JEDI documentary, there's a funny little on-set moment where Crumb looks at Leia and goes, "Hey, babe, I like your dress." Jabba's tail slaps him upside the head, and then he says, "Sorry." Carrie Fisher seemed to get a kick out of it.

22. Salacious_B_Crumb

Nov 12, 2002
    I have been wanting to get a copy of "From Star Wars to Jedi" Almost ever since I saw a preview for it in my OT collection. Does anybody know of where it is availible?

23. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    You could try eBay or on-line used video outlets. I think it's out-of-print now, but I occasionally see copies at rental stores. Try secondspin.com, which is where I recently bought a used widescreen THX edition box set. I think they might have had a couple copies, but I'm not sure.

My copy was recorded the night it premiered on PBS oh-so-many years ago, so the quality all these years later is not that great. I hope they include it in the "Archival Edition."

24. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "Has Salacious Crumb seen this routine before? Does he know that Jabba is gonna make Leia dress in skimpy outfits and stuff? "

I don't see why Crumb wouldn't have seen that act before.

25. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Nice thread title. I wouldn't mind seeing a comic with Leia and Oola 'connected'...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.