main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salt Lake Lounge

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I may not have a ban button, but I have so many friends who do. ;)

2. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Well the way I figure it girls just like cars and money, so since I now have both....

3. LordMaster

LordMaster Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2004
    I don't hate women, thus the last comment. Jedi_Angell I thought you spent all your money on your car?

4. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    Shhhhh....it makes me LOOK rich.

5. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    I don't hate women, thus the last comment.
    No, I believe you- But our culture is lame and thinks stupid things are funny. Going by generalizations of each sex, putting up with men is far from easy as well. heh.

Sorry, don't take me too personally, I just don't think it's funny. Seriously, no hard feelings, eh?

Shhhhh....it makes me LOOK rich.
    [face_laugh] Identifying your prey as girls attracted to cars and money . . . Happy hunting! Though you might be better off looking for people searching deeper than appearances if you don't really have what you're presenting. ;)

6. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    LOL, yeah, problem is there is this girl, she's way too good for me so I'm using any excuse I can as to why I should get her.

7. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Start off by faking being too good for her yet interested. ;)

8. LordMaster

LordMaster Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2004
    No hard feelings Zas. Humor is all relative anyway.

9. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    Well the way I figure it girls just like cars and money, so since I now have both....

Is that really what you think?

10. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    Of course not, I'm just quoting a song. Plus the humor was that the day after I spent my life savings deposit's for our wedding my fiance called it off. So I joke that once I had no money she didn't need me.

11. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I've always wanted to marry for money...but when I actually had the chance I chickened out :p
    Money isn't everything I guess...

12. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    Hey, I'm poor....

13. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    So I'm driving how this evening (1130pm), minding my own business, rocking out to Jon Bon Jovi when suddenly and without warning an evil, malicious deer steps into my path. Now, being the veggie I am there was one thought that crossed my mind; What would hurt worse: The amount of money that it would cost to fix the damage, or the guilt of killing one of God's creatures? Oddly, the amount of money won. I swerved to the left to miss the deer only to notice that my back end was beating my front end around. I corrected the opposite direction to which I found myself going sideways! Off the side of the road I went, and down the hill (the swerving was thwarted by the very thin layer of frost that made the road to slick for my tires to grip. Evil frost). Now this wasn't any old hill mind you! This was the hill that is on the frontage road that goes over the Point of the Mountain (no, not the big one. The one next to it). My car traveled ten feet going 'forward' (or diagonal depending on how you look at it) then slid down the hill sidewise a good foot and half (hey, any sidewise slidding down a hill isn't good in my book). I grabbed the parking brake and prayed to about 5 different deities. Apparently one of them was listening because I stopped moving. After taking a personal inventory (My car wasn't hit! I'm alive! So is the deer!) I calmly pulled my cell phone out of my purse (read: savagely tore through my purse and hysterically called my daddy). I told him I was afraid to move my car because of the angle it was at and would he please come and do it for me.
    Now here is the funny part. I'm far enough of the road that he wasn't going to see me from the direction he was coming. I decided to get out of the car and wait by the side of the road so that he could find me. I climb out of the car, get to the road and look down at what I was wearing (I was in art student mode today and was dressed in nice long black slacks, black turtle neck sweater and three inch sling back heels, also black). Oh, did I mention it was dark? I pulled my Palm Pilot out of my purse and decided to flag him down with the light from the screen (I'm so tech savvy!). 15 minutes later I see him come over the hill, 30 seconds later I watched him blow passed me doing like, 45. My dad missed me. I stand there for the next 30 minutes waiting for him to realize he had gone to far and he needed to back track. In that time I watched a police car drive by too (mental note, keep all white outfit in car at all times from now on). The only 'car' to stop was a huge 18+ wheeler. Bless his heart he earns brownie points. His chain wasn't long enough to get me out though. Dad finally gets back (oh, I dropped my Palm Pilot on the road because I was shivvering so hard...it has issues now), takes one look at the car and says that we have to call a truck. But not now, in the morning.
    Ironically I have an appointment at the Saturn dealership tomorrow morning at 10am to have the oil changed. I think I'll have them take a look at the alignment as well.

14. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    :eek: wow, sounds like you had quite an adventure. and not the fun kind by the sounds of it.

Glad you're alright.

15. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    Glad to here you are okay.

16. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Yikes! Like everyone else I'm glad you didn't end up proving your worthiness by trading your own life for that of a confused deer.

Oh yeah, and I just thought I'd share with you all my 1000th post!

17. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    Geez!!! I've never sworved off the road...if you forget the two times it happend, of course. Glad you're alright Erin!!! Nobody's sarcasim makes me laugh as much as yours!

18. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    Except maybe for yours dude :p

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    we are all very glad that you are alright Erin.

As for the frost, I hate it as much as I hate ice. You all know my issues with ice.

20. Jowebee17

Jowebee17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Wow, what a scary time.

Glad you are okey-dokey!

21. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Hooray! I made it home ok after work. With all this snow & wet slippery streets I was worried about making it "uphill" but I did it! :cool:

22. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Alright Amber_Eyes!!
    I know how you feel! Coming home last night in the snow...over the point of the mountain...top speed was 30 mph.

23. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    you mean a car is supposed to go faster than 30 mph? Amazing.

24. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    I am so lucky to have friends who like me! One of my friends from the Alpine Garrison gave me a car survival kit! It has road flares, hand warmers, emergency water...other cool stuff! How lucky am I!!!

25. DarthAdubb

DarthAdubb Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2004
    Hey, my mom got me one of them also. sweet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.