main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salut!

Discussion in 'Archive: Romania' started by Jedigirl514, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Umm...Thats about the extent of my Romanian language knowledge, but have always wanted to visit the country! I am 3rd generation American (well half) my great grand-parents on my moms side were from Romania, and I've always been interested in that side of my heritage. We actually even named my dog, Princess Ileana after the Princess/ Austrian Archduchess...Well because my mom used to tell me stories about here (without even remembering there was a real one) and when she fled from the country, she actually ended up real near me and changed her name to Alexandra, which is my name! Anyway, I just wanted to talk to some people who are Romanian and see what you think of tourists and if I ever do visit, where I should go...Thank you! Hope you understand this all!

2. MaraStardreamer

MaraStardreamer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2006
    Salut, Jedigirl514, welcome to our board :)

I think you'll be safe if you chose to visit Romania, tourists are more than welcomed here, especially if they are Star Wars fans ;)
    Do you know which region of Romania are your great grand-parents from? Maybe you should start your visit from there. We would be happy to recommend some nice places around if you decide decide to visit.

3. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Buna Alexandra. :) (buna is another word for salut, pronounced "boonah") :)

It's cool that you want to get to know more about Romania. You came to the perfect place. :) I see you've been on the board for SOME time. Did you just now discover this section?

4. Milena_Syan

Milena_Syan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Ceau, Alexandra! (That is yet another way of greeting someone. It's pronounced "chyau" :))

It's always great to have visiting members on the forum, and if they happen to have Romanian ancestry, so much the better. ;)
    It would be totally cool if you ever came to visit our country and if there's anything you need, just say the word.

PS: Feel free to post in any of our topics; we'll do our best to explain what's going down.

5. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    Hey, Thanks for the responses! I dont know exactly where my family is from, just that one is from Western side of the Carpathians and the other set is from the Eastern side...I have been on this site for many years but never ventured far from my own fanforce boards and costuming! I'm glad I found this place though! it will be fun to get to know you guys!

6. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Interesting how Star Wars brings people together, isn't it? :)

7. CyberFaust

CyberFaust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    Just like rocks.

8. SVAndrei

SVAndrei Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 6, 2004
    Welcome to FF Romania! :)

9. Jedigirl514

Sep 22, 2002
    Thank you! hopefully i can come on more often soon, mid terms are next week so i've been busy!

10. Ionut_cel_Intelept

Ionut_cel_Intelept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2007
    To all new arrivals: Welcome. (Yes, I know, it's a Faithless song lyric :D )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.