main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Salvation (post-Remnant); A/N 7/29

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Hi guys :)

Long time no see, huh? Sorry about that, I have been sooo busy it's not even funny! This has been the busiest and most chaotic month of my life! Ugh, it is a miracle I made it through my exams at all :p But now I am home for the holidays (see, waaay too much Christmas music playing around here, now I am quoting songs :p) so I have some time to write. Expect to see a new post up later this week ;)

Thanks so much for all your patience! :D

~JPS~

2. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    *hugs JPS* SHE'S BACK!! SQUEEEE! :D

Sorry, I'm just happy that you're back. [face_blush]

Jae Angel

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    You can say that again, sister! :D ;) [face_laugh]

Glad you made it through the chaos and that you are bringing us updates :D

4. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Great post up over at Revelations, JPS! :D Now I can't wait until we get a post up here ;)

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    /not-so-patiently-waiting for the next post/ :D [face_mischief]

6. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    I am so sorry it's been so long, you guys, I have just been in outer space or something these past few weeks. Sorry, I'll try not to let it happen again ;) Here is the newest post, hope you guys enjoy it! I have decided to extend this story by tacking another one onto it, rather than starting a new story, since they fit together so well :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bakura, Solo Family Quarters

"Would you care for some rysen sauce, Master Jagged?"

"No, thank you, Threepio," Jag shook his head as he reached for his whiskey. "I'm afraid I don't have the taste for such spicy things."

"No hot stuff among the Chiss, huh?" Han asked, picking at his food with his utensil as he eyed Jag curiously across the table.

"Very little," Jag confirmed with a chuckle. "Jaina and Kyp introduced me to rysen sauce at Borleias, and I imagine they thoroughly enjoyed watching my reaction."

"Those two," Leia sighed. "They make a terribly impressive team when they put their heads together, but I'm afraid that isn't always a good thing."

"Imagine what they could do if they used their powers for good instead of evil," Han quipped with a lopsided grin.

"I should like to see that," Jag remarked wryly. "But either way, there's no denying that they have given the Yuuzhan Vong a good deal of grief. I shudder to think what they will dream up next."

"You and me both," Han muttered. "Between the two of them, they haven't got enough sense of self-preservation to fill a caf cup. One of these days they're going to go too far."

"Oh, like you're one too talk," Leia said with a snort. "You're as much of a reckless hotshot now as you were in your prime, Han Solo."

"Me?" Han feigned shock and indignation. "What about you? You and your crazy brother, you're the ones always getting us into trouble. I'm just the one who has to get us out of it."

Leia gave a short laugh. "Keep telling yourself that, nerf herder."

"Maybe I will," Han said, folding his arms. After a heartbeat of silence, he muttered, "I bet Mara would agree with me."

"In my experience, I've found that women in this family tend to be unpredictable," Jag advised him warily. "Mara might surprise you and side with Leia."

"True," Han sighed in defeat. "Besides, when has she ever passed up a chance to ruffle Luke's feathers a bit?"

"Not very often," Leia agreed with a smile. "Face it, dear, we women stick together, and with Tahiri on our side, you, Jacen and Luke are outnumbered."

A comfortable silence fell over the room as the three of them continued to eat their food, enjoying the Bakuran cuisine that had been prepared for them. The Prime Minister himself had suggested the main course to Leia, during their meeting earlier that morning. She was still uneasy about what he had told her, but she wasn't entirely sure why. Perhaps old habits just died hard, and the thought of the Ssi-ruuk brought old anxieties back to the surface.

It isn't our place to tell them what to do, Leia reminded herself, drawing on the Force for a sense of serenity that she didn't feel. The New Republic is dead, even if they join the Galactic Alliance, the Bakurans must make their own choices.

Even if those choices were the wrong ones.

When Ryik Varseen, newly elected to take the place of the late Molierre Cundertol, who had been killed in a starship accident several months prior along with his Deputy Prime Minister Blaine Harris, had informed her of the impending peace summit with the Ssi-ruuk's new leader, known only as the Keeramak, Leia had been horrified. Even after all these years, she had not forgotten the state her brother had been in when she found him onboard one of the Ssi-ruuk ships.

Varseen had assured her that the Ssi-ruuk no longer practiced entechment, that the Keeramak had abolished it years ago, but Leia was still uneasy about the idea of the Keeramak and his entourage coming to Bakura.

She hadn't decided yet whether or not she would take Varseen up on his offer to attend the peace summit as a r

7. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    Awesome post! Wow, that was a long one, too :D I loved Jag asking Han if he could marry Jaina one day! What an Imperial thing to do, don't you think? Asking the father beforehand, awww [face_love] I loved seeing Jaina and Tahiri helping each other work through their issues, too, it's just so wonderful!

And you are tying in some of Refugee! Coolness, can't wait to see what your take on it is :D

Extending this story? GREAT! I love it, you made my day, JPS!

8. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Woo-hoo! A post!

"Those two," Leia sighed. "They make a terribly impressive team when they put their heads together, but I'm afraid that isn't always a good thing."

"Imagine what they could do if they used their powers for good instead of evil," Han quipped with a lopsided grin.

"I should like to see that," Jag remarked wryly. "But either way, there's no denying that they have given the Yuuzhan Vong a good deal of grief. I shudder to think what they will dream up next."

"You and me both," Han muttered. "Between the two of them, they haven't got enough sense of self-preservation to fill a caf cup. One of these days they're going to go too far."
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"Yeah, carbon freezing," Han confirmed. "And it was as bad as it sounds. Just be grateful I'm such a wonderful and understanding kind of guy, kid, or you'd be finding out first hand." LOL Jag is a lucky guy! 8-}

"I'll let you in on a little secret, Jagged. Jaina would marry you whether I approved or not."

"I know, sir," Jag responded evenly. "But I would not presume to marry her without your consent. My father has told me enough stories about how fast you are with a blaster."
    [face_laugh] Jaggie is such a smart man! :D

"...Jacen won't give you any trouble. In fact, as soon as he gets used to having you in her life, he might even find he likes you." [face_laugh] they way that he said made me laugh! 'He might even find' *snickers*

"Han's right," Leia added with a smile. "Jacen is just a little overprotective. If Anakin were still with us, he'd be the same way."

"Are you kidding?" Han snorted. "He'd be ten times worse! Jacen is too passive to do much damage, but Anakin was like a wild rancor when it came to Jaina. It wouldn't have been a pretty sight."
    LOL!! I can soo see it now - Anakin meets the new boyfriend... [face_laugh]!!!!

Excellent post, filled with great humor and nice Tahiri/Jaina bonding! I can't wait to see this 'peace summit' heh... Jedi brats indeed.... :D Glad to have you back, JPS, very very glad!

9. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    Fantastic post, JPS! :D

"Me?" Han feigned shock and indignation. "What about you? You and your crazy brother, you're the ones always getting us into trouble. I'm just the one who has to get us out of it."

Leia gave a short laugh. "Keep telling yourself that, nerf herder."

"Maybe I will," Han said, folding his arms. After a heartbeat of silence, he muttered, "I bet Mara would agree with me."
    LOL! [face_laugh]

I loved Han and Leia giving the girls a hard time about not getting into trouble- they know them too well :p ;)

10. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    I thought she sounded like Leia ;)

OWLC

11. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Awesome post! He he, Han and Leia always crack me up :p And I love Tahiri- she has become the more mature of the two girls now, in some ways, while in others she is still a child needing Jaina's guidance! They can help each other from now on ;)

SWORD

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    WOW! :eek: [face_plain] WOW! :D [face_love] That was FANTASTIC!!!!!! Jag was perfect! [face_love] And the Jaina/Tahiri stuff were the best characterizations and interactions with those two I have ever read! :D Awesome work :) [face_love]

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome post! :D The part with Jag asking Han about possibly marrying his daughter in the future was lovely. [face_love] Then Jaina and Tahiri's talk about Jacen and Anakin... brought tears to my eyes. :( Then the stupid Ssi-ruuk!!! :mad: I hate them! :mad: Hopefully they get to kill a few. [face_mischief]

14. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Ahh, that post hit the spot after a long day of classes :) Wonderful piece of writing, my friend, I thoroughly enjoyed it! ;)

15. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Great post! I loved the scene w/ Han, Leia and Jag! ROFL! [face_laugh] That was spectacular! And the Jaina/Tahiri bit was beautiful- they needed that, me thinks ;)

16. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Fantastic post! I can't say anything that hasn't already been said better than I could word it, so good job :D When do we get more? :p

17. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    wonderful postie JPS! i love the feelings going on and how you're using some of the plotline from the books. i look forward to more goings on whenever they come!

-jj00

18. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Ooooh, look who finally caught up! :p Awesome post! I like how Han didn't threaten Jag when he wanted to marry Jaina. ;) I also like how you're including the Ssi'ruuk. That sounds like where I left off in the NJO. Maybe you can fill me in on what happened. :p LOL!

Jae Angel

19. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    Somehow I missed this post until now, lol [face_blush] Shame on me! :p

Great work! I loved the Han/Jag interaction! :D And Jaina and Tahiri vs. the Ssi-ruuk is definitely how it should have been in the book ;)

20. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    LOL! I love Han and Jag! Jag being all, well, imperial about it :p and Han reacting better than expected- though me thinks Leia is right about it'll be hard on him when Jaina actually does get married one day. Great work, that was an awesome read!

21. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Great couple of posts that I just caught up on JPS! I love this story, it is fantastic! :D Looking forward to the next post ;)

22. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    New Reader Alert!

Hey JPS.... I just did a Marathon Read of this story... and U write AWESOME jaggie Jaya Mushieness!

Cant wait till u update... Great Job on everything!@

UPpPPPS

MQ/JG15

23. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    That is awesome. What have they got themselves into this time? I love your writing. Caint wait for more!! Keep up the good work.

God bless,
    Jaina

24. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    Woohoo, loving this story! Update soon, JPS, or we'll have to stage a riot in here ;)

25. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    I just got home from my trip to Europe (btw, JPS, took some nice shots of Rome- I will e-mail you once I get them scanned ;)), and I loved the post! And your PM said the new one is on it's way for this weekend, right? I can't wait :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.