Beyond Salvation (post-Remnant); A/N 7/29

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Master

star 1
    Ooh, the story keeps going! The Ssi-ruuk annoy me, let's hope Jaina and Tahiri give them a good beating [face_devil] I was disappointed w/ that altercation in FH2, it had so much potential and it didn't really take it, you know? I can't wait to see what you do with it :D
  2. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry about the wait for the next post, guys, I've been pretty busy. This one is a little short, but on the bright side, I have a new one for you today, and there is also a new post up over at Revelations for you guys to read :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was rather ironic, considering the posh residences they'd kept on Coruscant, but the Millennium Falcon was probably the closest thing that the Solo family had to a home these days.

Coruscant had been taken, molded into Yuuzhan'tar, and Yavin Four, the world where their children had spent so much of their childhood, had been taken, as well. While the loss of Coruscant had been a devastating blow to the entire Alliance, New Republic and Imperial Remnant alike, having Yavin Four resting in the hands of the enemy was by far the most upsetting turn of events for the Jedi Order. Yavin had been their sanctuary, the hallow ground where the Order had been rebuilt from the ashes of the Jedi Purges.

The jungle moon had held a special place in all of their hearts, but perhaps no one felt its loss more keenly than Luke Skywalker. Not for the first time, Leia wondered if they would ever reclaim her brother's beloved world, and if it would even be worth it to try after the Yuuzhan Vong had so irrevocably changed it.

Sighing, she pressed the palm of her hand against her forehead, rubbing gently. Where are you, Luke? she wondered, a twinge of emptiness washing over her. It had been weeks since they last heard from the crew aboard the Jade Shadow, and even though Leia could sense that her brother, son and sister-in-law were all alive and well, she was still anxious for them to return.

Especially since Jaina had told them that when she connected with Jacen briefly through the Force, he had informed her that they had found Zonoma Sekot. While Leia wasn't sure what affect the living planet would have on the outcome of the war, she knew that Luke and Jacen were convinced it was important, and that was good enough for her.

"I'm bored," Han drawled with a dramatic sigh, leaning back in the his pilot's chair. "Care for a game of sabaac?"

"Be patient, dear," Leia told him, aware that the word 'patient' was not in the Solo vocabulary. "Jaina sent us up here for a reason, remember? And with every passing moment, I'm more and more convinced that she was right to do so. Something isn't right here, I can sense it."

"Well, if the fluties are planning on starting something, I wish they'd go ahead and start it," Han grumbled.

Leia rolled her eyes, but didn't comment. Instead, she turned her head to look at the viewing screen, which was currently displaying a live-feed of the peace summit taking place down in Salis D'aara. As soon as they had gotten the Falcon up into orbit, they had switched on the viewing screen so that they could keep an eye on what was happening down below.

Instinctively, her eyes found Jaina and Tahiri, who stood at the back of the open-aired gathering, both dressed in black fighting pants and sleeveless black tops with knee-high black boots, the same clothing they'd been wearing when Leia had last seen them early that morning before the girls slipped off into the mountains.

Tahiri's short golden locks framed her slender face as a solemn green gaze scanned their surroundings methodically, grim and serious, but Jaina stood in a more relaxed position, leaning against one of the pillars with her arms folded over her chest and her ankles crossed. She looked remarkably like her father when she did that, Leia noted with a faint smile, but her smile faded as she studied her daughter's image.

The war had touched their entire family deeply, but it had been Jaina upon whom the Yuuzhan Vong invasion had the most profound affect. Gone was the laughing, smiling, carefree girl who ran heedlessly into danger and excitement. In her place was a woman that stirred conflicting emotions within Leia as a mother; pride, resp
  3. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
    Great post! :D Leia thinking about how her family has changed really makes me hate the Vong more than I do. It's just remind3ed me of all they took away. (Anakin ;) ) Hopefully they kick some serious butt. :p
  4. Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Master

star 4
    Always making me jealous with how well you write. :p

Looks like Jaina and Tahiri are about to prove just how good they are.

OWLC
  5. Trickster_Goddess Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome postie! :D I love this story, it made my day to see it was updated when I got on to check my e-mail before heading off to bed :)
  6. DarthJaina Jedi Master

star 1
    Ooh, action! Lol, poor Han- he's getting restless letting the kids do all the fighting, huh? That's okay, he'll show 'em up in the dogfight flying the Falcon, I am sure. And Jaina and Tahiri can give the Ssi-ruuk the whooping they so badly deserve ;)
  7. jedi-solo-fel Jedi Master

star 2
    Awesome postie, as always, JPS :D I can't wait for the next one ;)
  8. Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Great post, JPS! I can't wait to see how Tahiri and Jaina deal w/ the Ssi-ruuk [face_devil] He he, look out velocoraptor-wannabes... one ticked off a Jedi and a Yuuzhan Vong Jedi coming right up ;)
  9. Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Master

star 2
    Lol, I go away for a bit, and get back to find out I missed an awesome post! Great work, JPS! :D
  10. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
  11. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
  12. Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lol, I thought I replied already- guess not [face_blush] :p

Great post, JPS! I miss this story, got an update for us soon? ;)
  13. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I am so sorry about the long hiatus, guys! I've had a crazy few months... my computer crashed, my best friend is getting married (they decided to only have a 5 month engagement, so as maid-of-honor I have been at wit's end helping her plan this thing), and I am finally about to start law school now (and so I am thrust right back into the endless cycle of education :p), so it's been very hectic. On the bright side, I have several weeks of downtime before my classes start, and my schedule this fall will be much lighter, so I will be back to regular posts again starting this week :) Expect a new post here sometime in the next few days, definitely by Sunday. Thank you all so much for your patience!

~JPS~
  14. DarthJaina Jedi Master

star 1
    JPS, you live! :eek:

Lol, sorry, couldn't resist ;) Glad to see you back, girl, we've missed you around these parts! I am looking forward to the post- will we be getting one for Rev and Shadows, as well? *crosses fingers* I'll be poking my head in later this week to look for that post ;)
  15. Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Master

star 2
    Lol, Sunday comes and goes.. :p Don't worry, girl, we know you're super busy w/ law school on the front- good luck with that, btw, I know I couldn't do it :p
  16. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sill hoping this one will get finished O:)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.