main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Salvation (post-Remnant); A/N 7/29

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Look, 100 posts, and a new post, too! :D Hope you all enjoy! ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Purple and blue lightsabers clashed together furiously, sending a shower of sparks across the room.

"You," Tahiri snarled, her blue blade slashing at Jaina violently. "You Solos, you claim that you're my family, but you're not. You're Anakin's family, not mine, and now he's dead, and I won't ever be a part of your family."

"You are a part of our family, Tahiri," Jaina insisted, pushing off the balls of her feet to hurl herself towards her friend, lightsaber flashing in her hands. "Anakin hasn't got anything to do with it. His death doesn't change the way we feel about you, if anything it only makes our love for you stronger!"

Tahiri feinted left, then cut her blade hard right, hoping to cut Jaina's shoulder, but Jaina was anticipating this and threw herself into a forward roll, kicking out her foot to catch the blond Jedi in the ankle, sending Tahiri tumbling to the floor.

The younger woman used her forward momentum to dive into a somersault, though, pushing to her feet and turning to face her opponent, blade raised at the ready. "Lies," she snarled, her eyes flashing with a coldness that startled and surprised Jaina. "I don't want to hear any more of your lies!"

With a shriek, Tahiri hurled herself at Jaina, lightsaber crashing down towards Jaina's head, barely missing as Jaina brought her own purple blade up to parry. "Tahiri, listen to me!" Jaina demanded as she slashed right and left, her lightsaber ticking side to side.

"Why would I want to do something like that?" Tahiri sneered, darting in with a vicious swing at Jaina's knees that forced Jaina to throw her body into a back handspring, landing on her toes and lunging forward to block Tahiri's next thrust. She twisted her wrists deftly, forcing Tahiri to disengage, and this time Jaina was the one who pressed the attack, surging forward as her lightsaber sought out weaknesses in Tahiri's defense.

Jaina was distantly aware of the others in the room, and of their emotions. Her father was anxious, worried about both her and Tahiri, but trusting in her enough to keep them both from harm. Jag was worried to a degree that Jaina had never witnessed in her normally stoic boyfriend, but she supposed it was understandable. This was the first time he'd ever seen a lightsaber fight, much less a lightsaber fight that she was participating in.

It was her mother's calm acceptance of what was unfolding before her that renewed Jaina's determination, though, and brought a faint and fleeting smile to her lips.

She really has become a true Jedi, Jaina admitted to herself, and she made a silent vow to tell her mother that at a later point. Right now, though, she needed to focus solely on Tahiri, so she shoved everything else aside, letting the Force guide her movements as her mind raced through possibility after possibility of what could be causing her friend to act this way.

At first everyone had written Tahiri's episodes off as a delayed reaction to Anakin's death, that bottling up her grief for so long had finally caused her to snap. Somehow that had felt wrong, though, and Jaina wasn't the only one who thought so. That had been why Tahiri had been invited along with the Solos on their mission, after all, so that they could keep an eye on her and support her through her ordeal, hoping to see some improvement.

But if anything Tahiri's condition had only gotten worse since their departure from Mon Calamari, and Jaina was frustrated with the lack of answers. She was determined that this was going to end now- she was not going to loose Tahiri the way she'd lost Anakin.

Jaina growled, shoving hard against Tahiri's blade, sending the younger girl reeling slightly, but Tahiri shifted her momentum to roll aside, avoiding the purple lightsaber as it crashed down towards the floor.

Then Tahiri pressed her own attack, her blue blade alternating between long, flowing slashes and short, chopping strikes, all of which Jaina

2. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    OOh, excellent post! *clings to the cliff*

Can't wait to see what happens next!

3. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    great postie! jaina is really smart, and this battle was awesome! jaina is REALLY good....

-jj00

ps. i posted a jaina song fic at: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11293295&replies=0!

-jj00

4. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks Kathryn :D He he, not to worry, that cliffie will be resolved in the next post ;)

He he, thanks JJ00 :D I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

~JPS~

5. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Excellent post, JPS! :D

6. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    oooooOOOOooh.....great fight scene! i could see it all being played out! wow- absolutely killer! hm, so Tahiri is back to being Riina? very interesting! "I think," Jaina announced coolly. "That you're about to get a nasty headache." for some reason that line made me chuckle! fantastic post as always, JPS! :D

7. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks Jade :D

He he, thanks, JG :) Riina definitely figures into things, that is for sure, but as to how and to what extent... you'll have to wait and see [face_devil]

~JPS~

8. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Woe! :eek: That was and AMAZING post, JPS! The fight was incredible, you had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! :D

9. ChaseherChiss

ChaseherChiss Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Oh my, first I'm crying after reading Revelations, and now i'm well shocked!! Oh my my my!!!

Excellent, truly excellent! More please, now please! No really more please! LOL

Great job JPS!! I can't wait for...well, more!

Chase

10. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks JSF :D He he, enjoy the lightsaber fight? :p ;)

Don't worry, ChC, more is on the way soon ;) I don't have class Friday, so I should be able to update either Thursday night or Friday afternoon :)

~JPS~

11. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    Wow, what an intense post! :eek: :D That was amazing, JPS! You have rendered me speechless once again! Bravo!

12. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    GREAT post, JPS! :D Wow, wow, wow! That was so cool! This is a wonderful example of why you are such a phenomenal author! I can't wait for the next one :D

13. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    Outstanding post, JPS! Wow! That was so intense, I was on the edge of my seat biting my nails the whole time! :D

14. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    You, speechless, JSS? :eek: He he, thanks! :D That is quite a compliment ;)

Thanks GoT :D Expect a new update at some point this weekened :)

Aww, thanks, JJSF [face_blush] I'm glad you liked it! :D

~JPS~

15. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    JPS you always make me jelous with how much you can pack into your words :) great post.

Oh and updated A past unknown.

OWLC

16. Rebel_Princess89

Rebel_Princess89 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    Great fight scene!
    I could see it in my head, you write the fight scenes really well.
    A cliffie :( ;)
    More!

17. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Aww, thanks OWlc :D Ooh, a new post? I will be right there ;)

Thanks RP :D I try :p ;)

~JPS~

18. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Tahiri's lips curled up into a cold smirk. "You're not Yun-Harla," she retorted with a sneer. "What do you think of that?"

"I think," Jaina announced coolly. "That you're about to get a nasty headache."

Without warning she plunged her presence into Tahiri's mind, searing light exploding around them both, and then the world around them went black.

Loved that the first time I read it!

Excellent, JPS. You write Jaina so well .. it boggles my mind. LOL!

Kudos!! :D

19. Elleg85

Elleg85 Jedi Grand Master

Jan 11, 2003
    That was an intense fight scene! One of the best written I have read so far.

Is the story ending soon? I'm just wondering if it's gonna be novel-lenght or not.
    I'm looking forward to reading more of this.

20. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Awww [face_blush] Thanks Mira! You always say the sweetest things :p ;)

Thanks Elleg! :D This story won't be too long, but it's still got quite a few posts to go. It's not even halfway over yet ;)

~JPS~

21. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Amazing, amazing fight!!!

22. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    WOW :eek: I mean, like you know, WOW! :eek: [face_plain]

That was the most amazing saber battle I have ever read! THe action was so intense and so clear, and I was able to follow it as thought I could see it in my head.

Fantastic imagery and action! :eek:

23. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    AMAZING POST! :D Oh my God, that was so awesome! The fight was unbelievably cool, I could see it in my head and everything! Wicked! :D

24. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks Kettch, AoD! :D

Awww, thanks, PZ! [face_blush] I had fun writing it, that's for sure :p ;)

~JPS~

25. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was just stunning, JPS. Jaina, hit the nail on the head! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.