main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST SAM CARR as Jedi Padawan and some more characters

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vastor, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Some of them have pikes (which I guess could also be used as a weapon similar to a lightsaber) but blasters? I might have to check that picture with more detail.

Anyway, that's an interpretation that I don't think will prove to be correct

2. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    How about guns? Bludgeons? Large clubs? Whatever. They have all manner of weapons except lightsabers. I hope I'm incorrect and the movie is chock full of lightsaber duels but I think that assumption could prove to be disappointing.

3. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Compared to what? I'm pretty sure I would have continued the series differently than JJ but that won't stop it from being a proper sequel. But okay, I'll bite: What would be a worthwile continuation?

4. El Jedi Colombiano

Jun 24, 2013
    One that is consistent with the story elements that came before, feels different while retaining the identity of Star Wars.

And most important, isn't drained in nostalgia to the point that it feels like ANH all over again.

5. Red_Leader_313

Red_Leader_313 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    "It feels like ANH all over again" is the type of statement one makes as a negative when they're hating just to hate.

6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Title should be renamed "SAM CARR as Dead Jedi Padawan and some more dead characters."

Red_Leader_313 likes this.
  7. El Jedi Colombiano

Jun 24, 2013
    Except that we don't know if he is dead.

The rumor has Rey aligned at a very young age when the massacre supposedly happened. The Sam Carr actor is clearly in his 20's, so I doubt that he is merely a padawan that died during the flashback, and is more likely to be under the wing of a Luke Skywalker in hiding. Otherwise, why include it in your resume if you aren't even acting in the scene?

Seriously, hating just to hate? I'm not hating the movie, merely making an observation based on what I have seen so far

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.