main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sam Witwer "Karen Traviss, She Didn't Get Everything Right"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Robimus, Jan 27, 2013.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    We were having a discussion about why Cody did what he did in the third movie

Filoni discussed it with somebody, just not Baker.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Discussion =/= debate. Filoni and Lucas "discussed" the Mandalorians, after all. ;)

3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I would imagine that's true. I know that actors and production have been known to debate from time to time. I've specifically heard discussions occurring between Filoni and Witwer regarding his characters, but I would imagine Lucas has at least a general decision about what exactly the nature of Order 66 was. Filoni may be able to work out the details if they even go into that in the series, but I would think that those two have the final say.

4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Am I the only one hoping Baker's right, and Cody misses on purpose?

Then again, Cody turning 66ing Obi-wan was pretty much the ENTIRE point of his character from the start, so that likely won't happen.

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    True. I mean, a lot more Mandolorian lore was worked in than a lot of people think, but I suppose I don't know if that is because Lucas was convinced of their worth or if was just because Lucas is more big picture than details most of the time.

I would like to point out that Cody isn't doing the shooting. Whoever that gunner is...well, I thought it was impressive he hit Kenobi with a tank cannon at all.

6. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Though I can't tell just from reading the transcript, it sounds like Baker was kind of half-joking with that line. I don't think Cody's gunner intentionally missed.