main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Same sex romance with companion characters - Still not an option?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Endor_boy, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    I just mean that their claims to have intended to make all the companions same sex romance -able seems dubious given the lack of preperation they did in the begining, like not getting the voice acting done when the actors were in the studio, etc.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Well, again, see above :p

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Maybe the romances will have additional dialogue as you visit them in the future.

4. Endor_boy

Dec 24, 2013
    Any word on same sex romance with companions? I'm considering playing the game if they finally improve this situation.
    At the rate they're going on this, they'll probably shut the game down before they get around to actually getting real equality for gay players.

5. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
  6. Endor_boy

Dec 24, 2013
    Thanks. That article is pretty old, but it did refresh my memory. I checked in at the Old Republic game forum, and from what I could gather there has been some progress with some short term same sex relationships possible, and there may be more with the next update.

Commander Krix likes this.
  7. Newan

Newan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2014
    Nope and it's likely it will never happen to existing characters. Will only be implemented through future companions if they make any real humanoids and not HK or Treek like companions.

Lana Beniko is your best choice if you're interested in same sex stuff.

Endor_boy likes this.
  8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't really see why it should be a game requirement at all. *Shrugs*

Newan likes this.
  9. Endor_boy

Dec 24, 2013
    Problem is, I'm more interested same sex stuff with a male companion.
    I don't see why it shouldn't be a game requirement. As an option it makes the game more inclusive, more options should be more fun and interesting, and it takes nothing away from anyone who doesn't want to explore that route.

10. Newan

Newan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2014
    Requirement is not a good word when saying why same sex stuff should be in the game. It is a bonus for those that want it but it is not game changing or 100% needed.

If they ever add a male companion and stuff then yeah but it's very unlikely it will be implemented with the current ones they got better things to work on.

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't think it needs to be an option, either. If a game only had same-sex relationship options because that was the author's intent, I would be fine with that too. It's like saying every game needs to have both a male and female option.

12. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Fully support this statement. It doesn't inquire that it has to be a requirement, and can also prove to other folks that there is no problem with it, for they don't have to explore that route. They can simply ignore the new option.

Endor_boy likes this.