main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Samuel Jackson and other Original Actors providing their voice in the CGI series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloridaFilmGuy

FloridaFilmGuy Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 1, 2000
    Or so he told mtv.

link

Title changed from "Samuel Jackson willing to voice Mace Windu in the CGI series" -?Tyi

2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Very interesting. While voice actors do amazing jobs and I have no problem listening to them when it comes to animations, having the actor's voice behind their character is certainly a great thing. It's more authentic, in a way.

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    If they can get Samual L Jackson to do Mace then so much the better. I don't demand they use the original actors, but if the original actors are willing and able, then thats the way to go, IMO.:cool:

4. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    ^^^ Definitely. I'm kind of sad that Frank Oz isn't voicing Yoda. But, if Sam Jackson wants to and has reportedly talked to Lucasfilm about voicing Mace then I'm definitely not going to complain.:D

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    This has now made the main Force.Net page;

here

6. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    While the guy who did Mace's voice for the Clone Wars 2D series was spot on, it would be really great to have Sam Jackson do the voice.

7. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    " I'm tired of these Mother******* Droids in my Moth******* Galaxy!"

Seriously, It would be nice if he was to voice Mace Windu.

8. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Well it turns out Hayden has followed suit. On the main page of TFNHayden

I wouldn't mind that one bit!

9. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Awesome news, hope that it works out.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    This would enhance my experience of The Clone Wars series by 100% I hope it happens.

11. Amrita_Glittersong

Amrita_Glittersong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    Having both of them would be awesome. Even more so if they could get Ewan and Natalie too; that'd be amazing.

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Definitely would like to see Sam Jackson back. It be really great if they could get Ian McDiarmid though.[face_praying]

13. MN_JEDI

MN_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2003
    Huh? I thought they already had voice work done by this point or at least lined up? Anyway, having any actors from the movies would be a big plus for the series.

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    If that turns out with Hayden, that is sweet news. Since, obviously, Anakin is the main character of the show, it would improve the sound tenfold. It would feel ... natural. Even Jedi wouldn't think this pathway is unnatural. ( :p)

I wonder why Lucas & Co. didn't approach the actors themselves in the first place?

15. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    That's actually a great question. I'm a bit suprised (yet excited) to hear the news about Sam and Hayden. If you listen to the audio of Anakin from the CW preview, they already have a voice for Anakin (can't remember if Mace speaks or not). Would they then change the voice before despite completed episodes or change in mid season/series?

16. Master-Chief-Kenobi

Master-Chief-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2007
    I am so looking forward to this!!!!!!!! *Drools*

17. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    I think they could pretty easily change stuff out. It would be a bigger pain for the crew than for Hayden though, because he could record his lines in a matter of hours.

There's no doubt the LucasFilm folks realize how much we would love to have Hayden and Sam in the series and it would lend a great deal of credibility to them and the series. Plus, it's a good selling point for the theatrical release to have two more of the original actors.

18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Samuel L Jackson is awesome. It would be great to get him and Hayden to do those voices if they are willing and available [face_praying]

19. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    It would be great if either SLJ or Hayden lended their voices. It seems whether they have or not, Lucas doesn't want us to know. If you watch the latest behind the scenes on starwars.com, theres some clips of 3D CW with Anakin talking. It short and quick, it sounds enough like HC but enough to just be a good voice actor too.

That would be amazing if Ewan would come in too. The voice acting in CW for Anakin was atrocious, almost as bad as Obi Wan's voice in the xbox game Obi Wan.

20. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    I'd bet Matt Lucas is doing it for Anakin again, at least in the trailer it sounded like him. His version of Anakin is a little too whiny sounding.

21. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Ewan wouldn't, he hates Star Wars.

22. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Since Sam Jackson has done previous voicework before (Afro Samurai comes to mind), it wouldn't be too much of a leap to see him doing it and if they could afford him for the aforementioned project, I have no doubt Lucasfilm could shell out the cash.

Don't get me wrong. I also think the voice actor from the previous Clone Wars did superior work, but as they've said on the Force-Cast, having SLJ onboard would probably really bolster opinions in more critical eyes that this isn't just another money-making scheme.

It would also be good to have Hayden aboard, but I'm wondering, despite him saying he would before, if he still would. I've heard (HEARD, mind you. I have yet to read any or see the movie myself) that Jumper has been get mixed reviews, so while he appreciates his time with Star Wars I'm wondering if he'd still be as willing to jump back aboard the Anakin-wagon.

As to the above-quoted post about bringing in Ian Mcdiarmid, I would burst with joy if that happened but it's pretty much an imposibility, though whatever happens I hope they replace the guy who did Palps/Sids in Clone Wars. Darth Sidious was far to raspy and Palpatine sounded nasal and....well, he seemed kinda buffoonish IMHO in the second series.

23. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    It'd be fantastic to have the original actors on board for the voices, but some of them just plain wouldn't do it. They're not feasible. Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman--I just couldn't see either of them doing it. They're too 'good' for Star Wars nowadays.

I'd love to see Christopher Lee voice Dooku.

I think James Arnold Taylor (who is pretty much the voice of Obi-Wan on anything non-movie Star Wars; also, Leonardo from 'TMNT', haha) does a decent job. I liked him better in the 'Revenge of the Sith' video-game, I think, than the Clone Wars cartoon.

24. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I really think that they did a much better job voice acting in the Revenge of the Sith game then in CW. CW, Anakin was waaaaay too whiny. Obi Wan's has always been pretty good, but the video game voices really stood out compared to the clone wars cartoon.

I was referring to the 'Obi Wan' game for xbox, the one that came out after TPM. Just listening to the voice of Obi Wan in that voice makes me sick. You can tell the guy is trying way too hard and trying to pull off the english/ scottish accent and failing miserably.

25. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.