main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Samuel Jackson and other Original Actors providing their voice in the CGI series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    He's said plenty of times that he loves the movies, but he's also said that they very difficult movies to film due to the massive amount of blue screen.

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, I was doing some searching, and I saw plenty of instances where he said he loved making them. So, I wouldn't see why he wouldn't do the Clone Wars either...:(

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Real Life and time are always factors. I mean, yeah, when you love something, you'd like to do it, but I'm sure Ewan has a ton of stuff going on already that it might not even be feasible for him to do the work. Who really knows though.

I wouldn't be so sure. You'd think they'd use big names like Jackson a little in their marketing, but they haven't at all. The confirmation given wasn't a huge announcement either. I still think there's plenty of room left for them to slip in some more of the actors if it becomes possible.

:D

4. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    That is a good point, Tyi.

Why do they have to be so secretive!? :_| They're almost as bad as Apple.

:p

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Well Ewan is a well accomplished actor, he's starred in many different roles. He just doesn't like the fact that people know him as Obi Wan. He says that he's done much better work, and that if anything he should be known for that. I guess I agree with him, though I did love his potrayal of Obi Wan and thought he did an excellent job, I was a Ewan fan before TPM. I loved him in Trainspotting, Moulin Rouge, Down with love, Big fish and about 10 more other movies. I don't understand why he's upset about it though, to "be" Obi Wan is a great honor. I'm sure Sir Alec wouldn't complain.

6. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Was that sarcasm? Sir Alec Guiness was famously upset over the fact that Obi-Wan was the only reason kids knew his name.

Anyway...I understand the "serious" actors' frustration, even though as a Star Wars fan I think they are crazy to ever get upset over it.

7. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    Denis Lawson was pretty mad that his most famous role was Wedge. He even warned Ewan when he was cast.

Let's see, who else... Harrison Ford's none too crazy about Han Solo anymore. Frank Oz wants to distance himself from Yoda, but that has less to do with hating SW and/or Yoda and more to do with just wanting to move on and focus on his directing career (he's done the same thing with the Muppets). Liam Neeson doesn't resent his role, but he hasn't spoken very highly about his time on the set.

I still have no idea what Hugh Quarshie's problem was.

8. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, all this stuff seems ridiculous. Those doing the PT should have known going in that doing Star Wars would put their names down as that role, and nothing else. Especially Ewan, since his uncle told him. People like Harrison Ford, those movies practically propelled him to stardom. I don't care what anyone says, his role as Han Solo has been, and will most likely always be, his most famous role. So, I don't get the animosity towards the series.

I know if I were an actor in Star Wars, I would love to be known as that character. :p

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Same here. Some of my friends laughed when I told them that Mark Renton was going to be Obi Wan until they saw TPM.

10. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Other than Indiana Jones. Either way, Lucas gave him two worldwide known roles that he did with class. I mean, when you see Harrison Ford anywhere else, you either think of Han or Indy, or even the driver from American Graffiti, you don't think of that crappy movie he did with Michelle Phieffer.

11. BlackRook

Apr 18, 2005
    According to Wookieepedia, Christopher Lee is going to be in the movie. Their source was his official website, where the webmaster confirmed that Lee had recorded the part months ago, apparently a fairly late addition to the cast since they had to redo the lip-synch. I know that alone isn't confirmation, but given how the Wookieepedia editors have real Nazis about sourcing, I think this is great news. Apparently, Corey Burton's still going to do the rest of the series.

So, if this is right... I called it! I called it on page two!

12. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I hope christopher Lee's in this too. As many of the original actors, the better. I'd love Ian in it, he has a same element as Lee with the voice of the character. It just gives them more depth.

13. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Is this true about Lee?

14. darth-nemisis

darth-nemisis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    Well, I wouldn't rely on that %100 until LFL officially announces it. But it seems as though the chances are pretty good.

15. JediLight

May 31, 2001
  16. BlackRook

Apr 18, 2005
    Yeah, nothing's official until it's announced, or we hear it (if I remember correctly, Jackson hasn't even been officially announced, even though we can all hear him in the trailer). But I think this is a pretty reliable source. Reliable enough for Wookieepedia, anyway, and like I said, those guys have gotten pretty strict about these things.

17. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I thought there was a confirmation on SLJ in this thread? Page one or two where it got "official"

Even if it's not him, the guy doing the voice sure fooled me.

18. JediLight

May 31, 2001
    Having Lee on board really makes me wonder if SJ and Lee are just doing the movie, while the actual episodes will have other actors. If this is the case, it gives me hope for the other characters such as Anakin (Hayden Christensen), Palpatine (Ian Mc.), etc. It will make the movie feel more genuine.

My gut tells me there are more, but I don't expect Ewan McGregor or Natalie Portman.

19. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I don't think that the voice in that clip that we saw, Anakin is not voiced by Hayden...I could be wrong because I am no expert. But that is just what it seemed like to me. I agree with what you said about Natalie Portman and Ewan...but for some reason I don't think we will be hearing Ian McDiarmid. I do think we will be seeing Temuera Morrison. He has been in several video games and such as well, so I think we will be seeing him.

20. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    I found this on Cory Burton's website over a month ago. I thought I should point it out as it goes along with what we have recently heard about Lee reprising his role.

21. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I'm pretty sure we'd be expecting too much to hear Ewan,Natalie or Ian in the clone wars. Hayden wouldn't have suprised me, he knows how he got where he is. But after watching the 2 minute clip, I'm pretty sure that it isn't Hayden. I thought maybe in the trailer and "the battles of the clone wars" it might have been him but after seeing that I'm now sure it's not him.

SLJ is for sure, and Lee is apparently confirmed. Maybe some of the Jedi like Tiin.... Frank OZ?

22. BlackRook

Apr 18, 2005
    Pretty sure Frank Oz is out. He's made it clear before he's getting tired of doing the same things over and over again, plus we've already heard Tom Kane in the trailer. If (big "if") Oz were in this, it'd be a very, very last-minute thing.

As for others... well, there aren't too many characters where getting their original actor would make a massive difference and/or would be affordable enough. About the only ones I can think of (that aren't already in) that I feel should be included are Temuera Morrison and Silas Carson (if only because I can't even imagine how bad a knockoff Nute Gunray would sound), and I'm frankly surprised that Morrison isn't in this.

23. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Indeed, i get the feeling they're just doing the movie... Ewan has lended his voice to cartoons before, if he was approached and had the time, i think he'd do it.

24. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003

i read (on TFN i think) that he wanted more $ than GL was offering. so instead of paying him more GL just changed the character's name and added the lil inro line "I'm capt." ect. ect.

great to see original actors contributing. in regards to the series tho look at this way. how much screen time is dooku and/or mace really going to have. anakin, ashoka whatever her name is, and obi-wan are the focus. Lee could probably do a seasons worth or dialog in 2 days.

25. JediLight

May 31, 2001
    Where voices are concerned:

• I'm not 100% that's Ewan McGregor, but it sure sounds like it.

• Christopher Lee and Samuel Jackson sound great

• Sidious, Anakin and Yoda could sound better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.