main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Samuel Jackson and other Original Actors providing their voice in the CGI series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    Obi-Wan sounds like James Arnold Taylor to me.

2. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I definitely think that it sounds like Ewan. I doubt that it is, but whoever is providing the voiceover is doing an excellent job with it.

I'm actually a bit suprised that Temuera Morrison isn't voicing the clones (as far as I know). Seems like he'd be one to continue on with it.

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Perhaps they (LFL) just thought that that single clip sounded like Ewan, so that's why they placed it in the trailer so people would think he was in it. :p

4. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    That is probably what's happened because it sounds EXACTLY like him. I think we all know that he wouldn't be involved, that he's tired of SW, just like Natalie. But, if it someone else who does sound exactly like him it'll only help in feeling more like the other films. So I am hoping that he is just that good!

5. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Yeah this guy is James Arnold Taylor he's pretty good watch the 2d cw show to find out

6. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    I just went back and watched a few minutes of the 2D Clone Wars and you're right; I forgot how good he is at sound like Ewan! I'm impressed.

7. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    No more Natalie. She's too picky of an actress. She selects which films to do good acting and which ones to do bad acting. Keia Knightley should've been Padme.

I really pray she does not do any voice work and stay far away from SW [face_praying] .

8. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    I think of ALL the SW actors of the PT, she would be the least likely to come back and do a voiceover. I don't think you have to worry about her coming back to do Padme in the movie OR series.

9. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    The news that Christopher Lee recorded his voice AFTER the animation was done is revealing. This is not how animated films are normally done. Remember this "movie" is actually the premiere episode of a TV series, which Lucasfilm decided to show theatrically to make more money. I bet the TV voice cast recorded all the dialog, and the decision to reach out to the former live-action cast was made as part of this project's "upgrade" to the big screen. Christopher Lee and Samuel L. Jackson are not known for saying no to work (that's not a slam against them, it's just their style to do everything they can do).

Adding a theatrical release has been a tried-and-true tactic for expensive American TV productions for decades. The original 1970s Battlestar Galactica premiere episode was released as a theatrical film overseas (with the change that Baltar dies to give the film some closure, since otherwise the film just sets up the ragtag fleet's search for Earth), and the 1980s miniseries Shogun, 10 hours on American TV, was edited to be a 2-hour theatrical movie for overseas (with additional scenes of nudity and violence that could not be shown on American TV). What's very, very unusual is using this tactic on domestic theater screens! I can't think of another time when an American TV series was launched with an American theatrical release.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's been talked about in the past with other shows- most notably with the Stargate franchise which has had several times where they intended to do a theatrical film to launch a spin-off, but ended up turning the concept into a season finale after the show kept getting renewed beyond initial expectations due to increased ratings.

(the Season 7 finale, Lost City, was originally going to follow the Season 6 finale as a theatrical film, then was pushed back to become the Season 7 finale, where it was supposed to launch the Atlantis spin-off, but then that go it's own pilot instead. Likewise, there was talk of an SG-1 theatrical film launching the 3rd SG series, Stargate Universe).

11. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Check this link out HERE.

This is a little suspect. Hayden is asked if he is aware of what's goin on with the CW and if he was asked to voice Anakin. He seems a bit confused.....or maybe just playing dumb? He says he heard about it from Sam Jackson, but he thought no one from the movies was going to lend their voice to the CW movie/series. I don't know, but it's definitely a bit fishy.

I'm hoping he's just playing dumb!

12. BlackRook

Apr 18, 2005
    I think "playing dumb" is right. It looks like he's aware of what's going on, but he's trying to play like he's too cool to actually know.

13. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Especially since he says he's been keeping up with everything that's going on in the Star Wars universe. If that's the case, then I would find it hard to believe that he's not going to do the voiceover. Even though we have heard Anakin speak a little during the trailers, we know that Christopher Lee recorded his voice after the animation had been completed.

14. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    True. Like TFN conspirators said, it could be a last minute adjustment. Also it doesn't really make sense that he says he's hearing about it from SLJ, who'se confirmed, and yet doesn't think any voices are being used.

15. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Sam said he would do the voice of Mace again on February 10. On Feb. 12 a video with Hayden is released saying he'd do it as well. BOTH claimed they would like to do it. BOTH said they hadn't been asked. I believe actually, both where asked this at the premiere of Jumper. Now why would they be able to get Sam to do it but not Hayden? Sounds a little fishy to me. Don't want to get my hopes up though.......

16. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hmm...I'm not sure I'd like for Hayden to do voicing.

What I realized is that Hayden isn't really a bad actor, but a bad VOICE actor. Compare Life As A House and Shattered Glass with his Jumper, Awake and Star Wars work.

For some reason when he dubs his lines, they don't sound as raw and as emotive.

Then again this is TCW we're talking about, so it might work.

17. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    But the guy who did Anakin in 2D Cw was probably alot worse then Hayden could ever be. Hayden doing the voice will give it alittle more realism where if you watch the clone wars and then ROTS, it won't seem like two completely different people.

Some of the scenes we've been lucky enough to see with Anakin speaking actually do sound like Hayden- when we got that behind the battles or w/e it was called and Anakin spoke "We won't be able to help you" I could've sworn it was Hayden, same with the scene "Fall back!" he says to Ahsoka in one of the other videos. But then theres scenes where Ahsoka is introduced to Anakin and it sounds nothing like him. My theory- Lucas is having fun confusing us all.

18. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    I agree completly. It's just strange we have gotten no official announcement.No "hey guess what guys, SLJ and Christopher Lee are coming back" Why hold off on this news if most people are already aware that they are coming back? It feels like they are holding something from us. Perhaps Celebration Japan or SDCC will shed some light.

if you really want to to start conspire about things. Look at it this way, all of the scenes that don't sound like Hayden we have been being previewed since last May. The scene you mentioned with We won't be able to help you was only shown in that one video, not in a trailer and not in the preview from CIV.

19. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    So, when I went to the official site and heard Obi-wan talking to Anakin, I realized that Obi-wan is not voiced by Ewan McGregor. Or, at least, it didn't sound too much like him.

20. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Nah, but if it is still James Taylor Arnold, he's doing a better job of sounding like Ewan.

21. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I never really thought it was Ewan. James Taylor Arnold does a believeable impersonation, but theres still things here and there when you can pick up that he's trying too hard to fake Ewan's accent. Only Ewan can be Ewan 100%, though, JTA is about 98%

22. BlackRook

Apr 18, 2005
    To be fair, he's gotten better at it. Go back and listen to him in the old Clone Wars game, he sounds like he's doing a parody of Ewan.

But I'm still baffled that so many people thought his line in the trailer sounded like Ewan.

23. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    Oh it's not doubt he has gotten much better, but like I said only Ewan can really be Ewan. Anyone whose mastered impersonations, sure they may be believeable but they are hardly ever 100% accurate.

24. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Well the line in the trailer definitely did sound like him. It was only a few words which would make it easier to sound like him. Either way, James Taylor Arnold does a believable impression where its easy to look past the slight differences.

25. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Yeah, his old Obi-Wan was more like him as a smart alec.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.