main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Samuel Jackson and other Original Actors providing their voice in the CGI series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I think they should get Mark Hamill to voice Anakin!8-}

Actually, that would give me a reason beyond "It's Star Wars and I know it'll suck but it's Star Wars!" to want to watch the damn thing.

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Hayden is only filming one movie...in the post production of another. I am sure he would have the time.

I forgot about Mark Hammil being a voice actor...they should find some way to fit him in the series. Even just for one episode, that'd be great.

3. Darth_Solomanche66

Darth_Solomanche66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005

You guys haven't thought of the obvious yet, and that is: LucasArts isn't divulging any more 'voice' info becuase they haven't gotten any of the movie actors for this film (besides mace, AD, etc.)

They're keeping it a "secret" because if they came right out and said that they didn't get Ewan, Hayden, etc, then alot of people might be turned off and not go see the movie at all!

4. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I have to disagree... everyone loved the first two CW and the real actors didnt voice their characters. I would like for Ewan, Hayden, etc etc to do the voice this time, but if they dont, that wont stop me from seeing this movie at all.

5. TragicLove

TragicLove Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2005
    Exactly, Veloz. The first Clone Wars series was hugely successful without any film actors at all. Besides, if Lucasfilm thought the involvement of film actors was a major deciding factor in whether or not people would go see this, then why didn't they publicize Jackson and Lee's involvement from the start? We didn't hear about these guys until months after they had signed on to the project. Even then, it wasn't from some official Lucasfilm announcement or press release. I don't see how it would benefit Lucasfilm in the long run to be coy about this, if they know full well no other big names are involved. Okay, so they keep quiet for now, telling anyone who asks "Well...we can't say at the moment. You'll just have to wait and find out!" They're not going to keep the voice cast a secret until opening day, so they've got to let us know either way before the film is released. And then what? What would be the point of knowingly stringing fans/the public along only to disappoint them later on? I'm not saying that Ewan and Hayden's involvement is a sure thing, but it really seems to me like something's up.

6. Darth_Solomanche66

Darth_Solomanche66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Tragic--

i sure hope you are right, and I am wrong. I just brought up the possibility that we've all overlooked the obvious.

7. TragicLove

Oct 2, 2005
    I understand, Darth_solomanche66. I hope I didn't come off as too confrontational in my post, because I didn't mean it that way. Trust me, I hope my suspicions are correct, too.:)

8. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    I wonder, should a voice actor playing Obi-Wan think about his own interpretation of Alec Guinness or just try to sound like Ewan McGreggor's interpretation of Alec Guinness?

I'm glad we can always rely on Anthony Daniels to show up. I only wish he'd do all the video games too. The C-3PO in Jedi Academy is a good proof that no one else can do the voice.

9. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I thought I remember reading something about Ewan not being against the idea of voice work. I could be wrong, though. I didn't find it distracting or unbelievable that Ewan and Hayden didn't supply the voices for the toon versions of themselves.

10. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I would think he should sound like Ewan, for a couple of reasons. One reason is because (IIRC) Ewan had done his research and tried to sound as close to Sir Alec Guinness as possible. Also, he is portraying the Ewan version of Obi-wan, not the Alec Guinness version. The character looks more like Ewan, and not sounding like him would just be silly.
    I thought I remember him saying that, too. I didn't find it that distracting either. I guess I didn't really notice that much.

11. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Ewan's voice, albeit mostly unaltered in the PT films, was his attempt at sounding like a younger Sir Alec Guinness. I think any voice actor they hire would be aiming for something in between and wouldn't have too hard a time pulling it off.

12. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Sape, I'm with you on that. Personally, I never thought that Ewan sounded a lot like Alec, but that's just me. I think anyone that sounds like Ewan OR Alec will be able to pull it off well. However, I'm not ruling out the HOPE that they're voicing the CW movie. You just would have figured that there would have been a definitive NO from Lucasfilm or any of the actors regarding this. But, instead it all remains shrouded in mystery.

13. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Maybe Lucas is just trying to hype us up. We'll all go to the movie opening night, even if something else is going on. Just saying "Man, I KNOW Ewan and Hayden are voicing it." and then we were sadly mistaken.

It just doesn't make sense we wouldn't get a "No" if they weren't voicing.

14. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Again, I think he should sound more like Ewan because it is in between two of the movies that he did. Though, I agree that I don't think he sounds much like Alec. However, character wise, there is a 20-30 year difference between the two portrayals. Being a hermit could alter ones voice. :p

And I also agree...something fishy is going on with the voice acting. What that is, though, will not be figured out until opening day, I think.

15. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    I too think he should definitely sound more like Ewan than Alec solely based on the time period. We have Ewan before and after the movie and series. I hope that we find out who exactly is providing the voices for Obi-Wan and Anakin before opening day, but I'm thinking you could be right about that.

16. JediMasterShawn

JediMasterShawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I think the voice cast will be officially announced at Comic Con.

I find it strange that Samuel L. Jackson did the voice for Mace Windu in the movie even though Mace seems to have a very small role based on the trailers and spoiler report which seems to have been taken down.

17. TragicLove

Oct 2, 2005
    Well, Sam is a huge Star Wars fan himself, so I'm not surprised that he took an interest in this project. I don't think the size of Mace's role in the story really mattered to him at all. Remember, this is the same guy who said that he'd be happy playing some random stormtrooper in the prequels, before George offered him the role of Mace Windu.

I'm guessing they'll make the big announcement (if there is one to be made of course), at Celebration Japan, which is only a few days before Comic-Con. They're supposed to be showing exclusive scenes from both the movie and T.V. show, so that's probably when the official movie cast will be revealed.

18. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Ooh...I bet they would announce it at CJ rather than Comic-Con. Makes more sense that way.

And I think a smaller role would be more convincing than a larger role for Sammy J.

19. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I could see it being announced at Celebration Japan just because possible news as big as the actors lending their voices would be made at a solely SW atmosphere.

SLJ probably wanted to voice Mace regardless of the size of the role because he IS Mace Windu. He got him a customized lightsaber, he took the role seriously and with much pride and he just fit the character. Maybe if Mace was voiced by someone else we wouldn't care as much because of the size of his role, but it's SLJ,he's a bad motha******. It's just an added bonus.

20. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    This is exactly what I'm thinking about both CJ and SLJ. Well that, and I don't think he's ever turned down a role! And why not, a man's gotta eat!

21. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    This could also establish him more with the children audience. We remember him as Mace, Jules, Shaft and countless others. The kids only really know him as Mace Windu and if he's in the animated movie, it'll give him a little more "playground cred"

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    No surprise at all if Sam Jackson reprises the role. He LOVES the franchise as many have said. He sought George out to be in it and felt like he was living a childhood dream.

23. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    If Dave Filoni is going to be showing clips of the film and series at Celebration Japan, then that's when we'll know for sure. There's no way he's not going to be able to show a scene without Anakin or Obi-Wan. We should definitely know by then if Hayden and Ewan are going to be involved in the film.

24. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    There's no way of knowing until then. But if I had to put money on it, I'd say neither one of them is involved in this film.

25. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I think theres always the possibility Hayden could be doing it, seeing as he said he would in a second and he IS Anakin. Ewan, he's a little too big and he's not fond of being known as Obi Wan. But there is a good chance that neither of them are in it, but it just doesn't make sense as to why theres so much secrecy with just voice actors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.