main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Samuel Jackson and other Original Actors providing their voice in the CGI series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Really? The clones voice didn't bother me at all.

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    The clones voice bothered me a little bit, but mainly because it was obviously not the same guy unless he had a cold or something.

But on an off the wall topic, when does TV series begin now?

3. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I'm sure it's been said before but the actor who preformed Obi Wan was excellent. For approx half the film I was convinced it was Ewan.

!snap

4. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Then you're, no offense, deaf. James Arnold Taylor does amazing work, but it's very evident that it's not Ewan McGregor.

On an unrelated note, I really wish they could get Christopher Lee to do Dooku for the whole series. That'd be amazing.

5. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Yeah, James Arnold Taylor is pretty awesome. Him and Tom Kane were the best voice replacements in the movie, imo. Maybe it's because they've been doing Obi-Wan and Yoda for so long, though.

Cat Taber does a dead-on Padme and Dee Bradley Baker's clone troopers were pretty good. Kevin Michael Richardson was perfect for Jabba. I like Matt Lanter as Anakin, but he wasn't really doing an impression of him.

Finally, Ian Abercrombie as Palpatine was okay. His Sidious is great, put his Palpatine could use a little work. It sounded off at times. I guess you could call this a review on the voice acting!

Edit: All of the returning film actors (Christopher Lee, Sam Jackson, and Anthony Daniels) were awsome. Christopher Lee added a lot of great characterization to Dooku that seemed to be missing in Eps 2 and 3. For so few lines they had, SLJ and Anthony Daniels did a great job. Mace was arrogant and clueless and 3P0 was as sassy as ever. Ziro was hilarious and Loathsom and the battle droids gave a taste of humor to the separatists.

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    just weird, especially because the accent is all over the place. still beats the German dub though, where we get the guy who usually dubs Nicholas Cage.

7. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    First line Palps says in the movie, I cracked up laughing and said "Are you serious?" but after that I didn't notice it. I guess it's because Palpy had like litterally 2 lines in the whole movie.

8. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    I liked Padme's voice, but I'm wondering why they didn't call Tem Morrison back in for the clone voices. It's not like he has much better things to work on. And yes, Matt Lanter was trying to be Matt Lanter, not Hayden Christensen. It's unfortunate (and bizarre) that they didn't seek Hayden out for the role because, like it or not, he is Anakin. =\

9. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    Does anyone know if Sam Jackson and Christopher Lee will be continuing doing the voices of Mace & Dooku in the series, or was it just for the movie and the voice doubles will take over in the series? Any info. on this is appreciated!

10. Gopher_Tanis

Gopher_Tanis Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2006
    With Baltar it was actually he was originally planned to die and not be a recuring character in the series, so that film was filmed, then they decided that his performance was so good and that they needed something other than the reptile cyborgs (later changed to Robots) and to keep the character so they reshot the sequence to "spare him" and also at the same time changed the concept of the Cylons to Robots.

Also the series had not been presold worldwide, so by releasing it theatrically could generate revenue, and in those days the rest of the world often lagged years behind America for showing American imports.

11. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    We're pretty sure (I thought confirmed) that they won't be doing the voices during the season. Christopher Lee was added after the movie had been completed and had to match his voice to the animation. Therefore, I'm pretty sure he won't be involved in the season.

12. Azure_Angelus

Azure_Angelus Jedi Master star 1

Sep 13, 2008
    A shame, really. I thought all the acotrs did a good job in this movie, but the return of all the movie actors would have made it tha bit more enjoyable. I recently watched the Hellboy and Chronicles of Riddick animated movies and they got all the main actors to voice the characters, would it have been impossible to do the same for The Clone Wars?

13. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Added for emphasis.

While they were able to get some of the original actors for the Clone Wars animated movie, the animated SERIES will have a much more rigorous recording schedule and require regular availability to re-record and touch up on their lines and such, so the bigger actors' schedules wouldn't necessarily mesh with that.

14. Azure_Angelus

Sep 13, 2008
    I'm not even talking about the TV series, I realize how impractical it would be to expect big-name actors to commit to a TV show, not to mention expensive, but did most of the live action actors simply not wish to take part in the animated movie? Surely recording wouldn't take that long?.

15. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    I don't even think most of them were asked. Hayden wasn't, not sure about Ewan though. But if you had someoen who could sound just like Ewan for less pay wouldn't you take him?

16. Azure_Angelus

Sep 13, 2008
    For the same reason people will buy a Rolex instead of their near-identical, less-authentic, cheaper counterparts: They like knowing they have the real thing.

Ewan, Hayden and Ian McDiarmid weren't asked to be in the movie, though? That's kinda harsh considering they pretty much made the characters their own. I'm not too fussed about Natalie Portman, though, as I doubt she would have wanted to be a part of it, anyway.

17. Obi-Mcfly

May 15, 2008
    Yes, but those people also want to show off the fact that they can afford it. They're not on a budget where saving a few thousand can mean a better quality production.

18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I had heard that Hayden was interested at some point. Ewan has made very negative comments toward his Star Wars experience in the past year so I'm guessing he'll never be back. Mcdiarmid might have been simply busy, or might not do animated work. He's often a stage actor at this point.

19. Obi-Mcfly

May 15, 2008
    Really? I always had the impression that Ewan loved working on Star Wars. I had even heard he said he would cameo in the live-action show.

20. Azure_Angelus

Sep 13, 2008
    I know he has criticized the scripts and dialog, but I never thought Ewan actually had a problem with the movies.

21. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I think Ewan's kinda conflicted- he's known mostly as Obi Wan Kenobi now, which is great but also an insult compared to alot of the great work Ewan has done. No one would ever say "Hey you're Marc from Trainspotting! or You're the guy from Moulin Rouge!Big Fish, Down with Love, etc etc". Which is degrading considering the PT wasn't too big of a hit. But I think in the end, he loved SW enough to let it go.

Back on topic, anyone else think whoever did Dooku's voice in the TV trailer sounds spot on? It's not Lee, is it?

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    No, it's the guy that did Dooku in Genndy's series, and he definitely does a fantastic job.

23. Dalsk

Dalsk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't know if you've seen this, but IMDB has just listed Christopher Lee for Dooku's voice in the first episode of the series.
    But at this point, I don't know if it is true or not.

24. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    That could easily be credited under the movie, though. Seeing as it was, technically, the first episode. I don't think they would let him do just one episode, it'd kinda be like a "do it all or none" But you never know

25. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    About two weeks ago Jason had Matt Lanter in the cantina on the Forcecast, and he confirmed that Corey Burton voices Dooku in the series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.