main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego Comic Con 14 Star Wars Goodies

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jul 23, 2014.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    So SDCC's preview night has begun and pics are pouring in w/ goodies out on display all over the main floor. Come in here to post links you find for stuff.

Galactic Hunter has so far done a great job of uploading TONS of things from Hasbro figures, to new SW army men, SW Hot Wheels, Legos, Rebels stuff, and on and on and on.

Check out their full batch of photos HERE.

Article that shows off all of the Mattel Hot Wheels SW cars. They have a life sized Vader car at the Con.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Jakks Pacific 20" line of figures - looks like Boba will be at Walmart, and others will goto TRU. So it looks like these will no longer be 3' tall.

Click HERE to view.

I really need a Luke to go w/ my 1/4 scale figures - but being 20" he'll tower over my Han and Obi-Wan :(

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Are those Hot Wheels ComicCon exclusives or are they a new line? Either way, I bet they'll fetch a pretty penny on the secondary market. Star Wars collectors and Hot Wheels fanatics (there's no other way to describe them) competing for the same collectibles? The mind boggles.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh no - they're going to be selling them to the general populous. No way that they'd go through all of that to make them and only sell them at Comic Con. I think the Comic Con ones come in cool lightsaber packaging.

I remember your stories of the nutty Hot Wheels guys. Yeah store owners will love that fanatics and nerds duking it out for tiny cars :p

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Ahhh, okay. So probably similar to their slightly more expensive Battlestar Galactica and other "Rretro Entertainment" licensed vehicles they put out (I think they retail for like $4.00). I'm down with that. I don't really collect Hot Wheels (though I do plan to pick up some of the 70s/80s cars I had at some point), but they do remain the best value in toys IMO. You can still pick up a standard Hot Wheel for like $1-1.20. I even see them for $.89 on sale from time to time. That's a heck of a deal for a toy that durable, versatile and collectible. Kudos to Mattel for keeping the backbone of this line within the reach of kids and their parents.

Lol! No doubt. But department managers not so much.