main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY San Diego Comic-Con 7/17-7/20

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    In one word.

AWESOME!!

I am soo tired right now it isn't funny. It was alot of hard work, but it was well worth the effort. We had 30 new potential members sign up for our fanforce while at the convention. If half of those show up to meetings I will be extremely pleased.

I will check with my members and see who was able to pick up Silver Fetts from the Convention and how many extra we have. The line was very long and some of us missed the opportunity because of them shutting down the lines as it became later in the day.

Our webmaster took photos of the 501st and other groups that were present and has been requested to send them to Paul Ens(head of starwars.com) So some of the images from the official site will be from us. We also received Hyperspace T-shirts from Paul Ens as well while we were there. We may have picked up a few sponsors as well from official liscensee's and I will be working that aspect out in the near future.

The convention was very fun, but an extreme amount of work. Several of our members were invited by the 501st to help them work the LFL/Atom films Fan Film Awards, in addition to several other panels, at the request of Mr. Sansweet.

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm so glad you guys had fun and had a successful con! Congrats!!

3. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I am so insanely jealous. I heard that Elijah Wood was at Comic-Con.

4. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Elijah Wood, Dominic Monaghan, Sean Astin, and Sala Baker were all at the New Line LOTR panel. Sean Astin was down stairs afterwords (might've been the next day) signing autographs.

5. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    And allegedly Elijah Wood and Dom walked the con and played the LOTR videogame.

6. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Ok now that I have recovered. The Loot has been counted, and we have taken inventory of what we picked up. Unfortunately, due to some of our members not being able to stand in the silver fett line because of how blasted long the darn thing was. The 2 extra silver Fetts we picked up have gone to members that were not able to pick theirs up. However, we do have some exclusives frm the clone wars panel that we picked up. It is a sketchbook that was only available to those who attended. Granted its not a exclusive figure, but if you'd like them we will ship some your way.

Also regarding the Blue Clonetroper bust. That thing was gold at the convention and worked out to be extremely hard to get. No one was able to get more than one unless you picked it up at preview night, so alas we were unable to honor that request as well. I am very sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.